Teran learns to roll a thread!

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    I know, I'm weird. I don't like sitting on the bus and having people touch me either. I know sometimes it can't be helped if it's a full bus but I just want to tell them they're invading my space. ick. :tongue:
  • naesdestiny
    naesdestiny Posts: 677 Member
    I have a friend that is a masseuse so I'm not too worried about the nakedness and you get to leave your panties on! LOL

Guess what! Oh Christy I worked today but I'm getting sick. Woke up with a sore throat and a deep cough that makes my chest hurt like hell and burn! And then started to feel a little achy. So I now have my Nyquil in my system and will be going to be very soon. I don't want the flu or anything else but I guess whatever happens will happen.

Hope you are all doing great! I will catch you all laters!!
  • naesdestiny
    naesdestiny Posts: 677 Member
    Double post for me! How awesome am I?
  • Hey ladies!!! How is everybody?? I'm at work for night 2 of 3.. And wouldn't you know it.. They are calling for snow and ice tomorrow night.. If I get snowed in at this hospital... On my last night... Grrrrrr!!!

Welcome newbie from the newbie!!! haha

Are we still on 10 crunches a day? I haven't read back to see if that got increased.. I have been doing that stupid 30 day shred and it is kicking my butt!!! (It's only stupid because of how much it kicks my butt!) haha Plus I have been doing the crunch bootcamp video on my off days from work.. and now the 10 crunches.. I'm pretty sure my motivation is gonna disappear soon!!

I'm thinking a massage should be one of my mini-goal rewards!!! :-)

Hope everyone is having a great week.. and all the sicknesses are gone!!!
  • mommared53
    Aww Ranae, I hope you feel better very soon.

Teran hope you don't get snowed in. I hear the midwest is going to get quite a blizzard. I'm so glad I'm not living there right now. I don't miss that kind of weather. Everyone stay safe and warm.

I'm still doing the 10 crunches. Aren't I supposed to feel it in my mid section though? I've been doing them on the exercise ball but I'm not sore. Not that I'm complaining.
  • Nessarose1
    Nessarose1 Posts: 1,324
    Morning all. (Notice I didnt say "good morning")

Having a crappy start to the week. Sat bf and I went shopping all day and didn't splurge. (So we had no fun.) Got into a HUGE argument about what cake mix to get. Yep. We're awesome. (I'm making a practice cake for daughters birthday to see if it comes out ok. I have ideas wbut I'm not sure I can pull them off.) so Yea we fought over cake because he wanted chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Since I needed to make a picture on the cake out of frosting I told him chocolate wouldn't work. We were the couple bickering through the whole store. It was great.

Took my dad out for his birthday- that was really nice. Daughter was really upset when he left.

Sunday- we had a birthday party and then swim lessons. (Get ready to hand me the mother of the year award here, ok??) At 5:30 I got daughter ready and told her we had to leave the party. The usual kicking and screaming ensued this time followed by begging. It broke my heart but I didn't want her to miss swim lessons. So we show up at the pool, get changed and walk out to find our group missing. :huh: Probably because our class is at 5:30! NOT 6!! :sad: They didn't have a class we could sit in on either. :sad: So then I had to drag our child out of the pool area. :sad: I seriously cried. She kept saying please and "you said swim!" and I couldn't handle it. :sad: She was so mad all night. Nothing we did could make it better. :sad: We've been to 3 classes. HOW do we screw up the time?? WTH?

Sun night I woke up with a UTI. THAAAT was nice. SO I was off yesterday. Wish I could be off today too.

Forcast calls for a blizzard warning. I'm hoping this is one of those times where they screw it all up and we only get like 1 inch. :huh:
  • Nessarose1
    Oh yea- Did I mention that I left my phone at home and came to work in my slippers?? Yeeeeeeea. Hope no one notices....
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Oh nessa-so sorry. I remember it seems when kids are that age swimming is top dog to everything. Funny we just talked about it over the weekend...now our kids would rather soak in the sun and fish. Only use the pools to cool off unless they have a group that they are going with.

Nessa-Nae-Jesse-Feel better.

So you didn't say how did cake turn out?

Yep-still 10 per day. with only 10 per day you shouldn't be sore - maybe next week we do 15 a day.....
  • Nessarose1
    Oh- The cake turned out bleh. Lol It tasted great but I'm not the artist I think I am. :laugh: I'm going to try again with homemade marshmellow fondant this time. Maybe I can trace it all out. :laugh:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    :noway: I'm sooooooooooooo far behind!!! Someone catch me up, ASAP!
  • chrissyh
    Jesse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You're here.

nessa-I am not artist either. How on earth do you make marshmallow fondant?

I am trying to figure out what I can mail to baylee for her birthday at school since she won't be home....maybe a cookie cake since it would hold up better than cupcakes or cake.....cookie cake isn't her fav though....decisions.....
  • Nessarose1
    I found a recipe online and it actually tastes good! Most fondant is yuck. lol

I'm not sure what you could mail her. Hmmmmmm
  • JStarnes
    Why not have a bakery in Boone deliver her something??
  • chrissyh
    I haven't figured out how you can deliver since she's not always at her dorm and you have to mail everything postal - no UPS fedex....need to research it surely there is a way!
  • Nessarose1
    just finished daughters birthday invitations. :bigsmile:
  • mommared53
    Nessa, so sorry you had such a crappy day. I had to laugh though when you said you wore your slippers to work. Do you mean house shoes type slippers? :laugh: At least your feet will be comfy. :bigsmile: Hopefully you day will get better. I hope everyone is feeling better today. I'll be so glad when it's summer again. My office is so stupid cold. :grumble:
  • Nessarose1
    lol I guess- do you guys call them house shoes? Cuz these are slippers to us. :laugh: At least they're black. I have zebra printed ones. :noway: lol
  • chrissyh
    Slippers here...for Christmas we got Baylee some Toy Story Alien slippers...they were the complete shape of the alien and on the side it said you have been chosen...she wanted them to wear at the dorm. We're all big kids at Heart.
  • JStarnes
    I call them slippers - my southerner friends (most of em, anyway) call em house shoes or bedroom shoes. :tongue:
  • JStarnes
    I have big bear feet slippers. BIG bear feet, really BIG. :laugh: :laugh: Chris hates them - I used to wear them all the time around my dorm, the bottoms are just about worn out but I love em too much to retire them just yet!