Filling breakfast ideas... need em

Options

Replies

• acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Gotta load up in the morning. I use whole grain bagel thin, one egg white, a slice of soy cheese, a slice of soy ham or bologna and a bit of ketchup. It's about 200 calories so I sometimes have two. Tons of protein. The only down side is sodium.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    a cup of blueberries, a cup of blackberries, 1 chobani yogurt of your favorite kind (i like blueberry best with this or strawberry) stir and mash a bit. good luck finishing it all for only 285 cal
  • misty1208
    Options
    Thanks guys. Sounds like i need some protien. Ill try some eggs and some of your other ideas. And yes... i eat the instant... Its just so yummy! lol
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I don't like eating actual 'food' for breakfast (makes me feel ill), so I blend a protein shake with skim milk and add a tablespoon (sometimes 2) of Peanut butter and a few tablespoons of dry rolled oats with some ice cubes. Makes a nice thick shake and the fiber and protein help keep me full.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I usually do a half cup (uncooked) plain oatmeal, a handful of blueberries, and a little bit of splenda around 8:30 or 9:00. Then around 10:30-11:00 I'll have a half cup of low fat cottage cheese! OH and LOTS, and LOTS of water!!!

This is what I was going to suggest. 1 cup of plain cooked oatmeal and a banana chopped up inside it. I am full for at least 4 hours.
  • ramonaquimby
    ramonaquimby Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Do you put yogurt in your oats? Have you tried overnight oats? http://katheats.com is a great resource for overnight oats, so simple and delicious. they really keep me sustained.
  • aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    SMOOTHIE!! This beats all the rest by far.

My super-secret recipe:

1.5 cups Silk Regular Soy Milk
    1 cup frozen strawberries
    1 cup frozen blueberries (the berries are eyeballed, and the ratio can change)
    1/2 banana
    1 TBSP natural peanut butter
    2 scoops Nature's Life Soy Protein - Super-Green Pro-96

BLEND!

This breakfast has 641 calories, 68 grams of protein, no added sugar, low glycemic index/load. It is delicious, nutritious and most importantly, it keeps me satisfied all morning -- even till a late (2 PM) lunch. No sugar crashes.

You can modify the recipe, but I like the balance of flavors.

Enjoy.
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    try cutting your cooking liquid with whole milk, or even half and half, or maybe just a tsp of butter. fiber fills your stomach quickly so you eat less, but grains still digest very quickly. adding a little fat slows down digestion so you stay full longer.
  • columbiasmiles
    columbiasmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    3 egg white omelet or Protein shake (designer whey chocolate) with a couple of assortment of berries and/or banana mixed in). I use kefir strawberry low fat milk.

I do the instant oatmeal (I know it crap but I use the high fiber because I get alot of protein from above).

I sometime will eat a fruit or save it for snack along with a couple of almonds.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i find 2 hard bioled eggs with smoked turkey rashers on wholemeal toast keeps me full for ages, but i have a really bad appetite... hope it helps tho :)

Kirstie x
  • altushe
    altushe Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Let me preface my breakfast by saying that I am on maintenance and also exercise in the morning for an hour, so this is by far my biggest/most caloric meal of my day. First, I have a small smoothie (6oz - homemade) when I wake up to "break the fast" and get my metabolism going (plus I am usually starving when I wake up at 5AM). After my workout, dropping my daughter at school and commuting to work (generally 4 hours later), I have a real breakfast. The fruit, oats and nut butter choices vary but this is the typical breakdown:

4 egg whites
    1/2 to 1 cup fruit (either strawberries, cantalope, peach, plum, grapefruit)
    1 Fage non-fat plain yogurt
    2 servings of hot cereal (rolled oats, kamut, spelt, steel cut oats) OR 1 cup of homemade granola
    1 TBS nut butter (with the hot cereal - granola already includes seeds/nuts)

Total calories of smoothie and items above 750-950

It's a lot of food but some days, barely holds me til lunch without a small mid-morning snack.

Anyone else on maintenance eat this much at breakfast and/or have this experience (i.e., big breakfast still hungry)? Plus I drink A LOT (water or herbal tea both before and after the meal).
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with flax and wheatgerm every morning.
    I also have a snack about 2 hours after breakfast (usually Fage 2% plain and 1/2 cup of fruit)
  • sarahschwemler
    sarahschwemler Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Plain protein shakes are not the tastiest; but for a breakfast I will put 3/4 cup water, 1 scoop of chocolate protein, and 1/2 frozen banana in my bullet (blender). Its like your having a milkshake but no guilt, and its really filling!!!
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    my fav breakfast is plain Fage with half a frozen banana and fresh blueberries with a little Kashi Go Lean Crunch sprinkled on top. a little drizzle of honey would be good with it too.it's delicious.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    bump.
  • misty1208
    Options
    So i made a little breakfast sandwich this morning and its been going on 4 hours and im still full! Whoop whoop

1 whole wheat english muffin
    1 egg
    2 strips of turkey bacon
    1 slice of fat free american cheese

290 calories and very filling! Thanks for the ideas :) Guess i need the protien to keep me full!
  • LJ0125
    LJ0125 Posts: 89
    Options
    I didn't eat breakfast today (I'm sick) but yesterday I had a 1/2 cup of egg beaters and a 1/4 cup of shredded part skim cheddar cheese. It was great. I was filled well into lunch!
  • amyhollar
    amyhollar Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I know everyone is saying instant oatmeal is crap, but since I eat breakfast at work and my choices are limited, I buy Kashi Go Lean instant hot cereal..... it has a lot of fiber and protein in it especially compared to instant oatmeal. Better Oats also makes a ton of different kinds of instant oatmeal that are whole rolled oats along with flax. I think these are the most filling options if you want oatmeal but have to make it at work. Keeps me pretty full along with coffee and I always have a snack midmorning of nuts or yogurt.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Guess i need the protien to keep me full!

Bingo!! :flowerforyou:
  • newbeautifulme
    Options
    This sounds strange, but it is actually VERY good and VERY filling.

Flaxseed Pudding

1/4 cup golden ground flaxseed
    1 egg
    2 TB heavy cream
    3 TB water
    1 TB SF vanilla syrup
    1/4 c raspberries

Mix all together in bowl, except raspberries. Microwave for 1-2 minutes. Mix in berries. Microwave for 30-60 seconds. Stir and enjoy!

250 calories, 12 g carbs (2 g net carbs), 19 g fat, 13 g protein, 10 g fiber.