Peanut butter...

Options

Replies

• bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I understand!!! This happens for some reason with healthy eating it seems like. Seriously me and a bunch of my friends on here are addicted to peanut butter, lol.

It's just odd to me that so many of us crave the stuff.

LMAO!!!!!
    Chrissy has to put up with all my posts about how I am addicted to PB, how I could live off of it and basically how I want to marry it and have its babies!!! :laugh:

lmao... YES!! Among other things! We'll save it for our walls, lmao. xoxoxo
  • WattsJA
    WattsJA Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just got my first jar of PB2 in Saturday. I LOVE peanut butter, but don't keep it around because I have a habit of eating too much as it is VERY calorie dense. PB2 is 45 calories per 2 tablespoons and tastes as good as peanut butter. After tasting it, I ordered 2 more jars (one for work). It's not the cheapest, but if you like PB and don't always have the extra calories ... it is a GOOD option.
  • khoran45
    khoran45 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    OMG, I am a peanut butter fanatic. Hello, my name is Katie and I'm addicted to peanut butter. I've tried to cut way back on it (seriously I could sit there and eat it with a spoon). My most recent addiction, Peanut Butter Oreos (dipped in skim milk of course! LOL)

Definately try the almond butter or organic peanut butters sometimes are better.
  • starlitesue
    Options
    OMG I have weird peanut butter cravings too. I never really ate much peanut butter before I started dieting, but now I want it! Once a week or so I have a little PB and an apple. SO good.
  • annoz
    annoz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I could live on peanut butter. My favorite food. everyday for breakfast I have cooked oatmeal with peanut butter stirred in. It melts and gets all creamy...YUMMY!!!!!!!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I was addicted to Peanut Butter even before I started MFP. It's always been one of my favorites.

Lately I've fallen in love with the PB2 that was mentioned above. I had a place I could get it locally but they recently closed. But it was less than a jar of Better'N Peanut Butter and about the same as most natural peanut butters on the shelves. I find that two servings (90 calories) makes for a decent sandwich while a single serving is great to mix up for treats with VitaTops, apples, other muffin tops, random snacking, etc. And the entire ingredients list is Roasted Peanuts, Sugar and Salt. That's it. And I absolutely love the chocolate version!

Here's the nutrition info if you're interested on how it breaks down:

PB2: Powdered Peanut Butter
    Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar and salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
    Servings per container: 15
    Amount per 2 Tablespoon serving (when mixed with water):
    Calories: 45
    Calories from fat: 13
    Value and % Daily Value*
    Total fat 1.5 g  3%
    Saturated fat 0 g  0%
    Trans fat < 0.01 g
    Cholesterol < 0.01 mg  0%
    Sodium 94 mg  4%
    Total carbohydrate 5 g  2%
    Dietary fiber 2 g  8%
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 5 g
    Vitamin A < 1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%
    Iron 0%
    *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Chocolate PB2
    Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
    Servings per container: 15
    Amount per 2 Tablespoon serving (when mixed with water):
    Calories: 45
    Calories from fat: 10
    Value and % Daily Value*
    Total fat 1 g  1.5%
    Saturated fat 0 g  0%
    Trans fat <0.01 g
    Cholesterol <0.01 mg  0%
    Sodium 70 mg  3%
    Total carbohydrate 6 g  2%
    Dietary fiber 1 g  4%
    Sugars 3 g
    Protein 4 g
    Vitamin A <1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%
    Iron 2%
  • wolfchild59
    Options
    Dang. Now I want peanut butter and I'm out if my normal work supply. lol
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am guilty as well. Love the stuff. My bf eats way more then I do though! We go through more peanut butter then anyone should!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Another pb addict here. Love the stuff I should probably stop buying it but I can't its so good in oatmeal with cookies on all sorts of things! I shouldn't of had some today and I did..then the knife went back in the jar :/
  • amysambora
    Options
    Joining in on the PB lovefest!!! I just adore the stuff. I've never been one to go overboard with it, but it's just such a great, tasty, healthy (if you get the right stuff) way to bump up your calories and protein! PB with crisp apple slices is my all time favorite snack of all time!!! :D
  • wolfchild59
    Options
    Another pb addict here. Love the stuff I should probably stop buying it but I can't its so good in oatmeal with cookies on all sorts of things! I shouldn't of had some today and I did..then the knife went back in the jar :/

That's actually one of the things I love about the Pb2. Since you have to mix up what you're using it's much more difficult to go over on a serving size or dip back into the jar. Unless you just eat the powder straight. ;)
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I could live on peanut butter. My favorite food. everyday for breakfast I have cooked oatmeal with peanut butter stirred in. It melts and gets all creamy...YUMMY!!!!!!!

wow, ive never thought to try that...i usually use honey instead of sugar...
  • yopparai
    Options
    So I open the jar and dig my knife in deep. "Yeah, thats more than two tablespoons," I tell myself, "but I'll just spread two on the bread." So I swipe it across the bread.. That looks about right. For good measure, I will make one more pass and skim a little more off the bread. Excellent.

Then I lick the knife clean and eat my healthy snack. Doh!

Gonna have to look for this PB2 stuff.
  • katebjones
    katebjones Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Okay i have a peanut butter issue.. sometimes i will just take a tbs of peanutbutter and eat it plain.. its bad.. but so good.. and i feel like its a good snack on the go.. when i need some protein and when i have a sweet tooth.. umm yea.. i do eat it on apples.. and on toast. but for the most part i just grab a table spoon of it and im good to go!

Its high in calories and fat.. but also good protein.. and if i have the calories left for the day i eat it! yumm-o!!
  • Haileyybrookee
    Haileyybrookee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When i was eating Skippy reduced fat i honestly could eat the entire jar lol my cravings were so bad..
    Now that i eat natural stuff i never have crazy "cravings" for it and can eat it in moderation.. now when i eat Skippy it just tastes like sugary junk!
  • patjad
    patjad Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    try "Better'N'Peanut Butter"
    much lower calories and fat than regular peanut butter.
    Hits the craving spot for me, atleast.
  • flash53
    flash53 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know this might sound stupid but are you getting enough water? Sometimes when you are craving food you might dehydrated. Try that I hope this helps.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    The UPS guy just showed up with my order of PB2 while I was reading this thread, lol. I mixed up a packet and wow! It mixed beautifully with a "whipped" consistency. The taste was clean and light and for only 45 cals you can't beat it. I'll try using almond milk or rice milk next time to see if it imparts any "creaminess" to the flavor. Long live peanut butter!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options

That's actually one of the things I love about the Pb2. Since you have to mix up what you're using it's much more difficult to go over on a serving size or dip back into the jar. Unless you just eat the powder straight. ;)

I have a very busy life style and prefer certain things. I don't want to have to stop and mix my own pb. I have looked it up though. It is not im my budget.
  • 40andfab
    40andfab Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Stop it.

OMG...thx a lot....now I want PB!