STORM OF THE CENTURY!!!

Options

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I look forward to the shoveling workout...hope its not too cold to play in. If we do get a foot, I doubt I'll be going into work. I live in Lansing and the House/Senate has already cancelled work, so why not me?! :smile:

It will be beautiful!
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    If I say no, is it bragging?

yes. -___-
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I am and it's beginning to seem ridiculous! People are freaking out over here! (SE Michigan) I think we will all survive, LOL.

That's where i'm at too! Ya everyone is flipping out. It's Michigan people. It's happened before and we made it through!

Yep, it might be a day down, but we will be back up by Thursday most likely.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It's old hat to me. I live in Fargo. :happy:
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    So many from Wisconsin on here - have to say GO PACK GO!!!!

I'm just south of Green Bay and it's tracking south of us - but the drifting is still going to make travel in the boondocks interesting.

Everyone slow down and be careful please! There was a pickup/snow plow in the ditch across from my house this morning! A SNOW PLOW!!!!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    STL MO. We are in the path of "Snowmageddon"
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I work for Oakland and Macomb counties and I just heard they may shut us down for tomorrow which has NEVER happened! wowza
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    I work for Oakland and Macomb counties and I just heard they may shut us down for tomorrow which has NEVER happened! wowza

They gave us the green light to work from home tommorow which though I'm new at this place, from what I hear that NEVER happens.
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    SW Mich (GR area). 10-16" predicted on most stations around here, some a little higher. Supposed to start about 5 and pick up steam overnight. Glad I work from home (except that I dont get snow days)! I have a plow on my truck so I get to be a rather popular guy around here at times like this....
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options

They gave us the green light to work from home tommorow which though I'm new at this place, from what I hear that NEVER happens.

haha, crazy! I just started here too, that is why I moved! You and I are very similar (stats, too!) =)
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    yeah I am in MI as well and in my area, SE MI, they say about 11.5 inches. I want more, I want a snow day. Maybe I can do a snow dance and make it happen, LOL.
  • qtwells82
    Options
    I live in PA...looks like we will be getting more ice than Snow tonight. i'd rather the snow though.
    Stay warm everyone!
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Central Illinois. has an inch of ice and here comes the big flakes now! oh and 40mph wind! and I'm still at work... hmmm
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    my friends are all teachers they say if you sleep with your pjs inside out you'll get a snow day...
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I'm in Oklahoma. Last night they reported that the temperatures were the lowest OK had seen in 15 years. Despite all the weather warnings, my administrator didn't announce our school closing until late last night, after I'd already left the hospital where my new nephew was born, and now I can't get back there to see my sister and adorable new nephew! I normally love weather like this, but this time I'm saying-- :sad: !!
  • ksk69
    ksk69 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in Illinois south of St Louis. Sleet here since around 10. Coming down pretty good right now. Supposed to turn over to snow this afternoon. I'm home safe and warm since we have a snow day. Tomorrow?
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options

That's genius!! Love it!!!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

That's genius!! Love it!!!

Nah - I stole it from the news reporters when Washington DC was hit hard last time with snow. Thanks though... :smile:
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    my friends are all teachers they say if you sleep with your pjs inside out you'll get a snow day...

OMG I will try that :)
  • TMR001
    TMR001 Posts: 37
    Options
    In Austin,TX .... the front ripped through around 3AM tossing everything around and dropping temps but luckily we aren't getting any precipitation just cold weather. Good luck to all of you north of us.