need to vent..

Options
2»

Replies

• nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    'fat' is all objective.
    i know girls that think beyonce is fat- and we all know she is a godess!?

the only thing you need to think from this is that your not your brothers type... thats sounds like a good thing unless your from the deep DEEP south :)

think about it, a girl who was once big and now isnt hasnt more self control than any girl who doesnt have to work to stay thin (and from a bf's point of view she thinks before she puts anything in her mouth- winner!?!) so surely a guy should see that she works hard, cares about her body and is pro-active.

honestly- beauty is in the eye of the beholder, its taken me years to see this but if someone doesnt appreciate it- toss their *kitten* to the curb!
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Omg!!! What a horrible thing to hear and say! Dont listen to crAp like that- it's totally not true... U'll show them when u rock ur hot bod. But seriously why do we let people get away with knocking fat people? That is disgusting- like that time vogue or some magazine said that they think the show mike n Molly is disgusting cuz they're fat. People are such biggots! 'molly' is so adorable n I actually think she lost alot of weight since gilmore girls. U keep going! And by the way- besides my husband I didn't tell anyone I'm dieting either. Can't wait to see their shock and envy! when Im wearing a size 2. ( ok maybe 4) hopefully by this summer!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i totally think you need to use this as Motivation Here's what you do .everytime you don't feel like sticking to your attack plan {diet,workout}etc.you think of this guy and how bad he made you feel and aim to prove him wrong by getting in the best shape of your life and guess what?when your're reached your goal he will be drooling for the former ''fat''girl That I guarantee.and BAM!!revenge served.
    lol
  • lbissett79
    lbissett79 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    the only thing you need to think from this is that your not your brothers type... thats sounds like a good thing unless your from the deep DEEP south :)

way to comment on ignorance with an ignorant comment of your own!!!
  • morgaj8
    Options
    i totally think you need to use this as Motivation Here's what you do .everytime you don't feel like sticking to your attack plan {diet,workout}etc.you think of this guy and how bad he made you feel and aim to prove him wrong by getting in the best shape of your life and guess what?when your're reached your goal he will be drooling for the former ''fat''girl That I guarantee.and BAM!!revenge served.

I agree, my sister is the former "Fat Girl" & a guy used to tease her & be mean to her & she hated him & he hated her.... UNTIL she stuck to her goal.... now they are happily married!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone, i appreciate the support<3 i just did my insanity workout & i feel better & burned 350 cals more than usual!!!!! i guess anger is the best motivation! (:

Just the fact that you can DO insanity speaks to your commitment and motivation.
    F-him for making such a mean comment, I bet he wouldnt' be able to rock a workout like that!
  • ohnuts14
    ohnuts14 Posts: 197
    Options
    oh god, that guy is clearly an *kitten*. don't let what he said get to you. i know a lot of girls who successfully lost the weight and, i don't know how their bodies look but they have had no trouble in the dating area! that guy is an ignorant waste of time.
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    What a douche. Probably has some issues himself that can't be fixed.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    what a dipstick he is
    what does he do? prescreen every girl he is ever interested in and ask if they ever had a weight problem? *rme* as IF!

i do love karma.. odds are HE is going to end up the one with weight issues in the future... let's see if he feels the same way then, cause, what goes around comes around.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    i apologize in advance for anyone that finds this post counter productive & pointless to the site but im so angry i want to scream & this is the only thing i can think of doing. i havent told my family or anyone that i'm dieting just because they're really judgemental & they tend to not be supportive. & we were having dinner tonight & one of my brothers friends said,

"i mean once someone is fat it doesnt really matter if they ever lose it because they're body is still gonna be nasty, and even if **** does go back to the way it's supposed to no one wants to be with the fat girl or reformed fat girl"

granted no one knows i'm trying to lose weight, but obviously at over 200 lbs. it's not a secret i should drop a little. i'm so offended and disgusted that i dont even know what to do with myself. AND NO ONE SAID ANYTHING TO HIM, seven people other than me and no one disagreed. i feel like trash right now, absolute trash.

Wow, he's the kind of guy that needs to hit rock bottom to learn his lessons in life obviously. Meaning he isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to interpersonal skills.

At least we know that we can lose fat- that dude probably won't ever change unless life hits him with a 2 x 4 in the face. People like that are miserable emotionally lol.
  • mvedas
    mvedas Posts: 69
    Options
    You have no need to apologize for your post here. This guy sounds like a total idiot. Stay on your journey and try not to let him bring you down. There are always going to be people in life who say hurtful, cruel things, intentional or not. You can only control how you react to those things, and you have to keep your head up and remind yourself what you're trying to accomplish.

Then come to MFP and tell us all what an *kitten* this guy is! He'll probably be single for the rest of life=)
  • mvedas
    mvedas Posts: 69
    Options
    You have no need to apologize for your post here. This guy sounds like a total idiot. Stay on your journey and try not to let him bring you down. There are always going to be people in life who say hurtful, cruel things, intentional or not. You can only control how you react to those things, and you have to keep your head up and remind yourself what you're trying to accomplish.

Then come to MFP and tell us all what an *kitten* this guy is! He'll probably be single for the rest of life=)
  • NuclearGirl
    Options
    can i ask if your brother's friends is single? because if he is, he'll never get a woman coming out with those ignorant comments. And if he isnt, just wait until his wife/girlfriend has children...he has a big ego shock coming!

Oh you took the words right out of my mouth. What a complete knobhead.
    And I also agree - punch your brother on the nose for his total lack of judgement in friends.

We all think you're great. I know how it feels to have low esteem - it sickens you so much to be overweight. But I have turned my life around - and because you are here expressing yourself to a bunch of complete strangers just shows that you are also on the path to self-worth. Keep up the good work, we are all rooting for you.

And if you can let us know this guys address, a bunch of us will go round and pummell his face - it would be a terrific workout! :laugh:
  • gmom81158
    gmom81158 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    To quote my favorite movie-"Stupid is as stupid does". First of all that is one stupid person's opinion. Don't lower yourself to his level-who wants to be with someone like THAT? My guess is he is single and will stay that way. SOme people are just cruel to cover their own insecurities. You just have to love yourself and believe in yourself. YOU are the only one that matters. My guess is no one else spoke up because they did not want to link themselves to such a moron. Head up girl-look ahead to the life you want-and don't spare him any pity. Never ever apologize for needing to vent-it's why we are all here.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding??? And nobody said anything??

I suppose the guy that made these remarks was perfect physically in every way - so that he can be so judgemental. "A reformed fat girl"??? WTH.

He's gonna end up old and alone. Jerk.
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    1. You are not trash and you will NEVER be trash! I applaud you for trying to lose weight and be healthy.
    2. Use it as motivation, prove to yourself he is wrong and even if he doesn't realize it because he is too ignorant - prove it to him
    3. I am saddened that nobody stood up for you (like someone said maybe their jaws were on the floor and they weren't able to pick them back up)
    4. He may be ignorant but realize this: people that put others down are usually so miserable with themselves that is how they make themselves feel better. So he is so unhappy with himself he had to say that and its sad... (I am not saying have sympathy for the town fool but just know he isn't happy either!)

Lastly, keep up the good work. You can do it!!!!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    From what I read on the original post, I think he said it as more of a general comment towards overweight people and not so much towards you. What brought up the subject of fat people anyway since no one knows you are trying to lose weight? I find it funny because if he does meet someone and that's a big IF, how would he know if she used to be fat and lost it all and is now thin? He wouldn't, unless he asked and what moron would do that? Oh, maybe him, that's right, he's the moron! Lesson learned, it doesn't matter what we used to be, it's what we have changed into that counts. The past is the past and no one should be to concerned with it, it's done and over with. My ex-husband was somewhat like that, always making fun of overweight people and look who he ended up with for 20 years, me and I have always had a weight problem off and on. So, you reap what you sew, you get what you deserve, what goes around comes around! I'd like to see him after marriage, kids and life, he will probaly end up fat and disgusting! Don't even give someone like that the time of day, it's not worth your energy or thoughts. There is nothing you can do about ignorant people like that, they are just useless. Just keep your focus on your goals and worry about you, your what matters here!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I am obese, and need to lose half my body weight. And when I get there, I imagine things aren't going to look as good as they did before I gained all this weight. But I'm not losing for anyone but me. So your brother's "friend" is thinking it is all about looking good, and of course, sex. Increased libido is a pleasant side effect of losing weight, but it is not the be-all, end-all of the journey. No, being healthy and feeling good about myself is the reason I'm putting forth all this work. It sounds like he needs to be educated, and probably hit with a two by four. Or something like that.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    He's a a##hole, ignore him. Whether fat or thin, you will always run into people who say stupid crap & piss you off. You can choose whether or not you will let them affect you and how they will affect you. Chalk him up to being a loser who you would never want anything to do with anyway.

I also suggest that if you are serious about losing weight, let the people around you know.. the majority will be supportive. You will run into morons who will still try shoving cupcakes in your face but most people aren't like that. Accept the fact you are fat, you want to lose weight, and you are going to lose weight. Nothing to be ashamed of... be proud and strong of the steps that you are taking to improve your life.

Good luck!
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, how ignorant is he? Has he ever heard of Gwen Stefani - who btw, USED to be fat as a kid/teenager?

Who is married *gasp* to Gavin Rossdale?

How old is this kid? 12? It's at the very least the level of his maturity.

So sorry you had to sit through that. So many amazing people have reformed their bodies and their mind. Stay strong. You're doing this for you.

PS: It's possible no one said anything because they didn't want to embarrass you further, girly.