Your Abs Are Created in the Kitchen! Really!

Options
124»

Replies

• ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Very true! And, I'm in the same boat as you were. I'm just now starting to make more clean, natural, choices. And, I tell ya, I'm much happier this way. First of all it's easier, and not as expensive, as a lot of people think. I was probably spending more on those Healthy Choice dinners and other processed foods. And, most importantly, I'm more satisfied. There's nothing like eating a healthy choice dinner and still being hungry afterwards. I still have some room to grow but I'm on the right track, and I'm wondering what took me so long. LOL

Completely agree about ease and that it's not as expensive as people think!! I make a lot of soups/chiis in the winter. Depending on the recipe, I may spend up to $20 for the ingredients for some of them. However, I'm making the equivalent of one meal a week for 2 people for several weeks. Usually comes out much cheaper, and is definitely much better for you.

It is a bit more time consuming, but I usually set aside some time on the weekends to chop veggies, make sauces, soups etc. for the week, so all I have to do is throw stuff together when things are a bit busier

I agree. I spent time on Sunday cooking a bunch of chicken breasts, but now all week I just have to throw a salad together and put a chicken breast in a container, and I'm off to work!
  • unckat09
    Options
    Do you all mind opening up your food diaries so we can see good examples of clean eating? I really would like to transform my diet, but I honestly (and embarassingly enough) don't know how...
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Good example of Paleo with a little cheat food thrown in. Two thumbs up!
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    This is really inspiring, i've been eating so much processed crap lately and barely any fruit or veggies, I need to sort my diet out! The chicken with spinach, tomatoes and oil sounds gorgeous!
  • ElaineDianne70
    Options
    My food diary is open:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/ElaineKatko

I've only tracked the last couple days...
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    bump!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Thank you for simplifying this!!! I really understand it now...we started trying to eat more whole foods and less processed over the past month, nice to hear others affirm that we are heading in the right direction!
  • ElaineDianne70
    Options
    ^^ Glad you found it helpful! :-)