Fast Food Dear John Letter

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Love it! I haven't had fast food in about a week and I am loving it.
  • Ha ha! Great! Isn't it unbelievable how many people line up to actually PAY for that stuff when it is so clearly, dangerously unhealthy! ... nice to know however, that there can be at least a few reasonable alternatives though even in @ fast food /drive-in's e.g. Subway 6" on whole grain -- turkey, honey mustard w/ lots of vegetable/salad
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    This is a WIN! I plan on sharing it! Thanks for posting it!!
  • hammod
    hammod Posts: 23
    Beautifully written and congratulations on your great success!!!
  • Here here!! You are FABULOUS and INSPIRING!
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    You are awesome!!! I needed this!!! I have not and cannot give up fast food all together since we travel alot!!! but, I definitely will pack healthy snacks with me every where I go!!! Way to go!!! I just love this!!
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Well said. I haven't given it up completely, but my fast food lunch today was a grilled chicken salad from Sonic with a lemon wedge instead of dressing. It was good and only 310 calories. But, no more fries or cheeseburgers. YUCK!
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Rock on girlfriend.
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    THIS IS GREAT ....... I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
  • Great letter!!! And can I add all the money you are saving? I can't believe how much I was spending on ordering out.
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Awesome post! :drinker:

I still have to have a Steak 'n Shake cheeseburger once every couple of months, but I work it into my calorie limits for the day. Other than that I never eat fast food and rarely ever go out to a restaurant.
  • AMEN! I've been trying to dump fast food for a while...I'm so sick of the lies!! They try to convince me that they have healthy options because there's a salad on the menu...I know better now. Those salads sometimes have more calories than the burgers (thanks in large part to the dressing). I just won't deal with it anymore. The one thing that I can't shake are the beverages. I LOVE soda, tea, coffee (especially flavored and blended drinks), shakes, etc. I drive 45 mins one way to work and it's SO hard not to stop every day for some delicious drink. :-/ That's my next battle!
    Good luck! I hope you and fast food have a clean break. ;-)
  • Thanks- I needed to read this. There's a McD half a block from my work that just keeps calling my name but you are so right- it's not worth it!
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Love it!!! Great letter. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • WOW I LOVE THIS LETTER!!! GOOD FOR YOU AND CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC.
  • WTFitness
    WTFitness Posts: 77 Member
    Haha that is freakni' awesome. Love it!
  • maipai21
    maipai21 Posts: 146
    This is perfect!!!
  • so awesome!!! i have to share this with my girlfriends!!!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Did you write or borrow this? This is awesome! Thank you for sharing
    Oh, and congrats on your impressive weight loss!!
  • That is a great letter! LOL :) Needed that! Congratulations on your wt. loss!
This discussion has been closed.