Fast Food Dear John Letter

Options

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Love it! I haven't had fast food in about a week and I am loving it.
  • peteyTwang
    Options
    Ha ha! Great! Isn't it unbelievable how many people line up to actually PAY for that stuff when it is so clearly, dangerously unhealthy! ... nice to know however, that there can be at least a few reasonable alternatives though even in @ fast food /drive-in's e.g. Subway 6" on whole grain -- turkey, honey mustard w/ lots of vegetable/salad
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    This is a WIN! I plan on sharing it! Thanks for posting it!!
  • hammod
    hammod Posts: 23
    Options
    Beautifully written and congratulations on your great success!!!
  • pinktreehands
    Options
    Here here!! You are FABULOUS and INSPIRING!
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    You are awesome!!! I needed this!!! I have not and cannot give up fast food all together since we travel alot!!! but, I definitely will pack healthy snacks with me every where I go!!! Way to go!!! I just love this!!
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well said. I haven't given it up completely, but my fast food lunch today was a grilled chicken salad from Sonic with a lemon wedge instead of dressing. It was good and only 310 calories. But, no more fries or cheeseburgers. YUCK!
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Rock on girlfriend.
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    THIS IS GREAT ....... I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
  • tootsiekef
    Options
    Great letter!!! And can I add all the money you are saving? I can't believe how much I was spending on ordering out.
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! :drinker:

I still have to have a Steak 'n Shake cheeseburger once every couple of months, but I work it into my calorie limits for the day. Other than that I never eat fast food and rarely ever go out to a restaurant.
  • soulfire711
    Options
    AMEN! I've been trying to dump fast food for a while...I'm so sick of the lies!! They try to convince me that they have healthy options because there's a salad on the menu...I know better now. Those salads sometimes have more calories than the burgers (thanks in large part to the dressing). I just won't deal with it anymore. The one thing that I can't shake are the beverages. I LOVE soda, tea, coffee (especially flavored and blended drinks), shakes, etc. I drive 45 mins one way to work and it's SO hard not to stop every day for some delicious drink. :-/ That's my next battle!
    Good luck! I hope you and fast food have a clean break. ;-)
  • EminCo
    Options
    Thanks- I needed to read this. There's a McD half a block from my work that just keeps calling my name but you are so right- it's not worth it!
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! Great letter. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • melissashparago89
    Options
    WOW I LOVE THIS LETTER!!! GOOD FOR YOU AND CONGRATS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS! YOU LOOK FANTASTIC.
  • WTFitness
    WTFitness Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Haha that is freakni' awesome. Love it!
  • maipai21
    maipai21 Posts: 146
    Options
    This is perfect!!!
  • lenaxox
    Options
    so awesome!!! i have to share this with my girlfriends!!!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Did you write or borrow this? This is awesome! Thank you for sharing
    Oh, and congrats on your impressive weight loss!!
  • alohajillian
    Options
    That is a great letter! LOL :) Needed that! Congratulations on your wt. loss!