30 DAY SHRED FEBRUARY GROUP

Options

Replies

• Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Susie. I just joined myfitnesspal and was so excited to see this group. I just started the 30 Day Shred and I'm on Day 3. The first day was brutal but I already feel like my stamina is improving. I'll take measurements later today and add them on. :)
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Day 4 = Complete :happy:

Does anyone else hate the push-ups in the first circuit? I can usually do 10 REAL push-ups the first time through but then during the 2nd 30 seconds I have to do them on my knees & my arms are screaming at me! haha but otherwise, I'm loving it!!!
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Completed Day One yesterday and will complete Day Two tonight. My starting weight is 218.5. I measured sometime in January so I'll just post the inch loss at the end of this month.
  • melleyd
    Options

Does anyone else hate the push-ups in the first circuit? I can usually do 10 REAL push-ups the first time through but then during the 2nd 30 seconds I have to do them on my knees & my arms are screaming at me! haha but otherwise, I'm loving it!!!

I cannot do pushups! So no, I don't like this part BUT knowing that it will be over very soon helps me to stick with them. i'm sure my form is not great but will hopefully improve by the end of the first 30 days!

I don't like jumping jacks either but when she said she has 400 pound people who do them, I found the strength. lol
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    L1Day 2 done!

I'm using 5lb weights

I hate the push ups too. When I did the shred last time I was just able to do them all by day 10, but since I've not done a push up since I'm back to only being able to do 7 or 8 before dropping to my knees! Hopefully I'll improve very soon.
  • momieof2boys
    Options

I cannot do pushups! So no, I don't like this part BUT knowing that it will be over very soon helps me to stick with them. i'm sure my form is not great but will hopefully improve by the end of the first 30 days!

I don't like jumping jacks either but when she said she has 400 pound people who do them, I found the strength. lol

I hear you, when she said 400 pound people can do them I too found the strength :drinker:
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    hello everyone! i got the DVD while i was shopping at target yesterday and today's gonna be my first day. what should i be expecting?! i'll post my inch measurements up later when i have access to a tape measure.

height: 5'5.5"
    weight: 141.0 as of this morning
  • leah02
    leah02 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just have to post that I am enjoying getting up an hour and half before my kids to make sure I have time to shred before they wake up. Usually they are the ones who wake me up, but it is so nice to have exercised and showered before they wake up, even if I do have to get up at 5:30 to make it happen :>
  • luvlys05
    Options
    okay, L1D3 done!!! I hate the side lunges in the last circuit when you have to lift ur arms too! That part kills my arms!! But of course I'm just going to suffer through it cuz I want results! Great job everyone and let's keep it up. It helps to know I'm not the only one suffering through it :)
  • melleyd
    Options
    Day 2, Level 1 COMPLETE!!
  • laura4410
    laura4410 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to jump in and give some encouragement!! I feel like after the first week its been no big deal to work out every day. Day 17 level 2 completed today!! You guys can do it!! I checked in halfway at 15 days and have lost 6 lbs and several inches all around!! Jillian rocks!

Also, a little observation I have had, on the days I really didnt feel in the mood were the days I had the best workouts!!
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am a day behind. I just did Day 1, Level 1 today. I am so happy I came across this tread, I was looking for a group that is just starting. I am soo excited about this. I feel great and I loved the workout. So today, I was finally going to start taking those darn measurments (something I have been putting off) since I am almost to my goal weight, but I can't find my measuring tape. We were just hit the last 2 days with the crappy ice storm so there is no way I am going out to get one. I will just have to take my measurements on day 2. :(
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Im altrnating with shred and 6wk6pk, tonight is shred Day4 L2...........Lets Do this!!
  • lucielu2
    lucielu2 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    im on day 21 of it but gonna start again for another mth after i love it
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    hello everyone! i got the DVD while i was shopping at target yesterday and today's gonna be my first day. what should i be expecting?! i'll post my inch measurements up later when i have access to a tape measure.

height: 5'5.5"
    weight: 141.0 as of this morning

i just did level 1 day 1! couldn't really do the push ups and my arms are too weak! i only have 5-lb weights too. does anyone does this twice a day? if you do, do you do it back to back, or at two separate times of the day?

waist: 31.0"
    hips: 37.5"
    butt: 39.0"
    upper thighs: 23.5"
    lower thighs: 16.0"
    calves: 14.0"
    upper (upper) arms: 11.5"
    lower (upper) arms: 9.5"
  • gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well Day2 L1 completed last night still having trouble with the push ups but felt a difference in the rest of the workout, I have a rest night tonight as i do a Bums and Tums class tonight for an Hr so will continue my Day3 tomorrow happy shreding everyone your all doing great. :-)
  • NZhogiebear
    Options
    L1D3 all done earlier this morning, abs are sore!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope this works ;p
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Completed Level 1 Day 8 last night...plus a TON of shovelling...so I definitely got my cardio in yesterday. 2 more days and I'll be on to Level 2...eek! I'm scared. Had a quick peek at Level 2 last night...and it looks a little daunting. Keep it up everyone!!
  • gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Completed Level 1 Day 8 last night...plus a TON of shovelling...so I definitely got my cardio in yesterday. 2 more days and I'll be on to Level 2...eek! I'm scared. Had a quick peek at Level 2 last night...and it looks a little daunting. Keep it up everyone!!

Well done on Day 8 iv not looked yet at L2 dont want to worry myself lol keep up the good work ;-)
  • partcho
    partcho Posts: 225
    Options
    started yesterday... a little sore but it feels good! push ups are wicked hard for me, gotta work on that and doing squats/lunges the right way without hurting the knees. first couple of days i will focus on doing the workouts slowly and the right way to avoid injury. after i get the hang of them i might bump it to back to back workouts - maybe even level one and level two in one day. 25 minutes is something we can all do- no more excuses!!! feel free to friend me so we can motivate each other