What the frick?!

2»

Replies

• I am currently 146 and am 5'2 I am wearing a size 10 in jeans and it varies by where they are from. I have tried to not get so caught up on what the size of my pants or what my weight is and more about how I feel when I look in the mirror... But it is an extremely hard battle.
    I think its hard for a lot of women. i know that it shouldnt matter. but that doesnt mean that it dont to me.

i think anyone who is unhappy with themselves or their body probably feels similar to how i do. i blame the media. all the glam they put on the teeny tiny girls. but never any glam for the curvy ones.
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Im 5'9", too :) I was 176 a month ago, and I was a size 14. I could squeeeeeze into a 12, but my muffin top was SCREAMING to get out. Now, I am 169 and a 12 is loose on me, and I can get into my 10s and feel good after I wear them for a minute. :) II am trying to get back to 150, where I was a size 8, or a tight-ish size 6. I consider myself a medium/large frame. (Not quite medium, but not entirely large either.)
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    I'm 5'9 as well and sounds like we may be built very similar. I was 250 when I delivered my daughter and wearing a size 20. Lost all that weight over a year ago and was at 180 and in a size 14. I started MFP at 188 and am down to 178 and still in a 14 but they are loose. At my thinnest a few years ago I was 139 and in a size 8 and I was seriously skin and bones...so I wouldn't worry about the numbers. Screw the numbers...they don't mean anything and you'll be a lot happier and less stressed when you stop focusing on them. Good luck! :)
  • Have you noticed a difference in the sizing of say, GAP 18s and Lane Bryant 18s? "Plus" size clothing (or "W" or "Women's") can be decieving because it is meant for a fuller figure. I can remember being an 18 in Lane Bryant jeans, but couldn't squeeze my butt in to GAP or Old Navy 18s to save my life. Just a thought...
    no. ive never bought either of those brands. i just shop wal mart. ive never found any name brands that have ever even carried my sizes
    never mind i see who you are referring to now

?? I wasn't referring to anyone...
  • There was a spot on a news program recently in which a selection of popular brands pants with a tag of lets say 16 or 18 or 20 were taken to a tailor and measured and it turned out that the pants were misrepresented size wise. They all measured a full size bigger than the label stated. So for example, I wear 18 according to the label however, when I measure my pants they're actually a size 20.

Sad but true...unfortunately. :(
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Maybe your size 16's ran small or maybe you were bigger in the rear at the time. I was a size 16 when I was 200 lbs. Now at 220 I am a 18.
This discussion has been closed.