This site is like Crack!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My work (high school) has this sight blocked and I can't stand it!!! Anyone know how to get passed those dumb things??
    HELP

Talk to Banks--he's the king on getting around IT stuff like that

Ping the url, and copy down the dotted decimal address, then use that.

This will work as long as the Content Manager isn't doing reverse DNS lookup; that's a pretty common feature on the better Content Management tools. Worth a try......
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    LOL, I don't even remember writing this one.
  • MChandler
    Options
    ok, how do you 'ping' the url

and thanks for the tips, I'm feeling like a REAL rebel and cant wait to get to work in the morning.
    Calculus will just have to wait.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My challenge in October is to stay away from MFP for the whole month!!!! Do you think I will make it??? I think I can I think I can...:noway: :noway: :flowerforyou:

Thanks Ali!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been wondering what it would be like to stay away from MFP for a while, I want to test myself. I have been here since Jan. So I thought October is a good month since it is my husband's birthmonth and it will make him sooooo happy that I am spending more time with him and not at the computer :laugh: :laugh: I am serious!!! I think he is jealous of MFP!!!! :noway: :noway: My challenge is to weigh myself on Oct 1 and then sign back in Nov 1 and see if I mantained my weight, increase (oh please God no) or lost...I only have less than 5lbs to my second goal!!!! Of course I will continue to exercise, eat well, control myself, etc etc etc....but I am still here ok?????? :flowerforyou:
  • Kaybay37
    Options
    :smile: Hi, my name is Karen and I am a MFP addict..........:drinker:

The first step is admitting you have a problem.:laugh:

This is my 2nd day and reading the logs is such a motivation boost! Another addict falls to the dark side.:devil:

Karen in VA
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    ok, how do you 'ping' the url

and thanks for the tips, I'm feeling like a REAL rebel and cant wait to get to work in the morning.
    Calculus will just have to wait.

From Windows.....

1. Click the Start button and choose Run
    2. Type cmd in the box and hit Enter
    3. A DOS window will open with a command line
    4. Type ping www.myfitnesspal.com and hit Enter
    5. You will see 4 lines with Reply from... and an IP address (ie, 4.78.241.70)
    6. Write down the IP address and close the DOS window
    7. Open a browser and type the IP addreess in the address field and hit Enter

If you see MFP, mission accomplished! If not, your IT team is a step ahead and you should try the anonymizer option. Note: both strategies are a willful violation of most company policies. Proceed at your own risk.......:huh:

Cheers......Mike
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    So... it's raining right now in northern MI, which means my satellite ISP is down :sad: When I got home from the club, and my weekly weigh in (4 lbs lost from last week, YEA) , I just couldn't NOT log.....breaks out in a cold sweat.... hands trembling.... butterflies in stomach... naaaa... I can just hold on..... I don't really gotta.....
    oh crap. yes I do! So I drive to town just to log in..... no... I can' quit anytime I want ta, really...