what have you learned lately

Options

Replies

• usmcpatience
    Options
    I have learned that it's okay to have a bad day. Just because you went over your calorie goal one day, it does not mean that you have to throw your entire diet out of the window. I don't know why I struggled with this concept before, but I am so glad I've managed to come to grips with that. If I don't exercise one day because I don't feel good, it's stupid and pointless to beat myself up about it the next day. Tomorrow is a new day, and it can always be better.
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have learned that if you research enough about a food/product you will find evidence that it is the best thing for you and the worst thing for you. You need to do what you feel is best and try to think logically. Good luck out there..... It's a jungle.
  • bellatiamarie
    bellatiamarie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i learned to have patience with myself while on this journey.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    i learned to have patience with myself while on this journey.

You will reach your goals with this attitude, I know it!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I have learned that it's okay to have a bad day. Just because you went over your calorie goal one day, it does not mean that you have to throw your entire diet out of the window. I don't know why I struggled with this concept before, but I am so glad I've managed to come to grips with that. If I don't exercise one day because I don't feel good, it's stupid and pointless to beat myself up about it the next day. Tomorrow is a new day, and it can always be better.

I missed your response! I love it! ...and it's so true!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have learned that if it can go bad it is good for you, if it can not it is not good for you. I can not believe that I have not eaten processed food for a month now and great I feel. I have also learned that you can survive without wheat, sugar and flour. But, the most important thing that I have learned this week is that the support of MFP makes this road is so much easy to travel.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I have learned that goals need to be realistic and healthy. Just because I think it would be nice to see a certain number on the scale doesn't mean it is a healthy weight for me.
  • Rae12
    Rae12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    fiber, fiber, fiber!! it's helped me immensely with some, um, *cough* problems i was having even if the fiber for losing weight issue is inconclusive. there is a ton of the stuff in fruits and veggies! love it. :)
  • Rae12
    Rae12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I learn that I feel even hotter and sexier than I did before when I lose inches!

me too sistah!! love it!!
  • brandygburke
    brandygburke Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i've learned that when I feel like fibbing on my food diary, the only person I am sabatoging is myself. Be accountable for EVERYTHING that crosses my lips - if I dont, in the end, it will only hurt me.
  • iamkelskels
    Options
    i learned to pay attention to my body and my limits, not the limits that i think i have. and not to get hung up on the small things, like how far/fast you can run, because tomorrow you know you'll be able to run further and faster than before anyway.
  • newuser111
    Options
    The best information i've learned here is on calories deficit by reading all the "eating exercise calories" threads. Very helpful.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hmm... what have I learned lately? I read on the newbie thread why it's important to make sure you eat your exercise calories, because if you don't you run the risk of eating too few calories which can put your body into starvation mode.

I still have trouble eating veggies...

So what other ways are you getting your protein?
    Chobani yogurt 14g double that of regular yogurt, really good and not overblown with sugars.
  • kimmieko16
    kimmieko16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I learned that chia seeds are extremely good to use in your diet and help boost energy as well as weight pods and provide many good nutrients... I am ordering some to try it out!
  • kimmieko16
    kimmieko16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I mean weight loss
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've learned how nice it is to encourage and be encouraged. This is a difficult journey at the best of times and it's amazing to have such a good support group.

Love you guys! :love:

Thanks for the awesome thread topic.
  • maeflower1234
    maeflower1234 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have learned that my teenage daughter can cause me so much stress that I could eat 5 chocolate cakes at once. Can't let emotions rule my diet.
  • richars65
    richars65 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've learned out much trouble we can find ourselves in simply because we don't stay connected. So much of my weight gain can be directly tied to losing touch with the important people in my life. When we stay connected, we have the opportunity to give and receive support, in my opinion the most significant and powerful thing we have. Remember nobody is in this alone if they don't want to be. Sometimes it takes more strength to give our struggles to each other than it does to hold them in. Let us all who have endured the shame of obesity and the joy of climbing out remember that "we keep what we have only by giving it away."
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    I learned that messing up and gaining back 4 pounds takes only a couple days, but a little over a week to burn back. Ouch, but I'm glad I learned that one because I will seriously second guess it next time.
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I learned that the saying is true it takes 21 days to make an action a habit. I have struggled with drinking enough water in the past, but after this past month It feels natural to pick up a bottle and drink it. In fact I keep a bottle a work (zephyrhills water machines to refill) and one at home. It has become my go to beverage (8 glasses a day comes naturally now).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!