February 2011 - no more junk late at night

Options
Do you feel like it's been a long-long time since New Year's Resolutions, but like you'd love to renew these resolutions, with the same confidence as on January first? :smile: Then how about committing to "no more munching after a cut-off time"? Water and tea are allowed :wink:. Details in our January thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/146782-january-2011-no-more-junk-late-at-night

Newbies are just as welcome as old team members! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• paulettac
    paulettac Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm in! Snacking at night is my worst habit.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I am totally in! I definitely need to cut down on late night snacking
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I need to get rid of all wasteful snacking so im in. I snack all the time, even when im not hungry. Even when im full. I am a compulsive eater
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Bumping this so I can find it tomorrow. Thanks Dew!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Alrighty then, one night down

ME 1 :drinker: /LNS 0 :noway:
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    THIS IS ONE OF MY WORST HABITS!!! Ok sorry for the caps but it seriously is a bad habit of mine...what time should we try to cut off eating?
  • JoanneKe
    JoanneKe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My worst habit....but then I work night shift too! It's hard to flip flop my sleep schedule! :-(
    Didn't snack last night though!
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Okay, okay! I'll try to check in once in awhile. I really need to do the calories to maintain and polish off/finish off my weight goals. So I appreciate your persistence to get me back. I joined facebook which has been taking a lot of time for me to learn. (I'm not breaking up with MFP). :heart: Thanks, Dew, Lorna and Love :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Feb. Me1 vs Junk 0

JoanneKe: I hear ya with the nightshift work, since I work nights too. Sounds like you did well last night. :flowerforyou:

Say some prayers for us OK. We are having a mess with this winter storm. (Ice storm, electric power outages for some, heat, food, getting to work etc) :noway:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    THIS IS ONE OF MY WORST HABITS!!! Ok sorry for the caps but it seriously is a bad habit of mine...what time should we try to cut off eating?

Andrea, try going for 2-3 hrs before you go to bed. At first, your stomach will remind you that it loves to be tickled :laugh:, but once you'll teach it that things are done your way, it'll thank you for letting it work at a slower pace at night. Have you ever noticed that you have more nightmares when you eat heavy meals before going to bed?

Welcome, everyone! To keep better track of our battles with snacks, we've had so far the format:
    Me: *your points* - LNS *Late Night Snacks points*
    Example:

Me: 1 - LNS: 0

'cos I was good last night :wink:. We report in as often as we can, mostly on a daily basis.

Lorna, Rosemary :flowerforyou:. Hope Zaza, loveme and Chuck find this thread soon :smile:.
  • curran80
    Options
    Hi

Can I please join this too? Late night snacking is my worse habit.

Starting tonight no more LNS!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I started this in January and plan to continue this month! That was a biggest drawback. Weekends especially.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    me: 0 - LNS: 1

yeah...I had a momentary lapse in judgement and gave into cravings. it sucks I gave in the first night, but I'm hoping I'll do well all the other nights in February :)
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 1 ~ LNS: 0

Welcome Eveyone! :flowerforyou:

Good to hear from you Rosemary!

Good Start Ladies!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    me 2/LNS 0
  • dewdrop
    Options
    me: 0 - LNS: 1

yeah...I had a momentary lapse in judgement and gave into cravings. it sucks I gave in the first night, but I'm hoping I'll do well all the other nights in February :)

Been there, done that! It was frustrating sometimes, but on the whole, this didn't hold me back. :smile:. You can do it! :flowerforyou:. The most important thing is that you are accountable and still in the game :wink:.

ME: 2 - LNS: 0
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Dear Dewdrop thanks for mentioning where I'd find the link - I must have skimmed right over it. Thanks too for keeping us going.:flowerforyou:
    I am happy to report that Feb is a new month and the old Zaza is back!
    Me: 2
    LNS: 0
    Good luck everyone!
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have such an issue with this. I will do awesome all day, and then BAM, I get these cravings when I am laying in bed. I used to keep some cereal bars in my dresser. No more. Last night was a good night.
    ME-1 LNS-0
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Me: 2 ~ LNS: 0
  • cullie
    cullie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Count me in! That is absolutely the worst time of day for me - just sit on the coach, surfing and snacking! I definitely need motivation - just give me the time (dinner is kind of late around here - like 7:00).
  • dewdrop
    Options
    welcome, anna and cullie! :flowerforyou:
    glad to see the "old" Zaza :wink:
    Me: 3- LNS: 0 (I finished my glass of milk a bit past 9, but I won't count that :glasses: - too healthy :wink:)