Lose 10 pounds in February? You bet we can!!!!

Options

Replies

• bri293
    bri293 Posts: 92
    Options
    I did the challenege again this morning along with my cardio. I really needed this challenge it seems... after doing it the past few days I am realizing how much I was slacking in the arm department! Push-ups are definitely more work then I thought they would be! Once this week's challenge is over I'm going to try to keep doing it daily to add a little extra to my workouts.
  • linemansgirl
    Options
    I have kept up with the challenge so far this week and things are going great!

I mentioned the God made/Man made way of eating earlier in the week. I am conducting a bit of an experiment to see the way that man made days effect my weight loss. I have been weighing every day this week and consistently coming down after God made days. I was UP 0.5 lb today after yesterday's man made day, so it does make a difference! I stay within my calorie goal every day, but don't eat completely whole foods/clean on man made days. I may try to knock man made days down to one day a week if it really effects my weight loss.

The push ups are still definitely a challenge for me too! I need to be able to do them because I am going to start the 30 day shred again next month. I haven't done it since I got pregnant with my 7 month old. :tongue: Right now I am doing t-tapp and C25K with my dh.

Keep it up! We can do it!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    I didn't complete the 20 challenge yesterday so I'm going to do double today. Got 20 done on the lounges, squats, and sit ups, did 60 on the stairs ( up & dn the stairs 5x's). Will do the other 20 later this afternoon when we get back home.

To young 4 this - thanks for the chart it looks great & thanks again for the challenge, it's really keeping me motivated and wanting to meet the challenge.
  • carcar63
    carcar63 Posts: 158
    Options
    Completed yesterdays challenge as well as today's. I even got my 7 year old daughter to join in! Good luck everyone.

How did you get your daughter to join. I've been trying to incourage my kids to do this with me but they won't. My daughter will do the sit ups and my son just sits there watching us....
  • hayleyross
    Options
    hi hope im not too late to join? ive never joined anything before so hoping this will spur me on!

screen name: hayleyross
    goal for feb 28th: 197
    feb 1st: 206
    feb 8th:
    feb15th:
    feb 22nd:
    feb 28th:
    :flowerforyou:
  • Danoodle
    Options
    I am thinking 8 pounds would be a more realistic goal for February as it is a slightly shorter month. I am finding it way more difficult to lost weight now that I am getting closer to my goal weight. I have recently started doing weight training to try and build a little bit of muscle and keep my metabolism up. Any suggestions for getting over a weight loss plateau?

Have you tried doing a quick circuit routine? I find that if I run for 5 mins to get my heart rate way up, then do my weight training, push-ups, squats, lunges, for about 5-10 mins - then back onto the treadmill (or elliptical if the resistance is set high enough to get your heart rate up pretty quickly) and repeat this as many times as you can in 30mins - 1 hr, it can really charge up your workout and give your body the muscle confusion it needs to break a plateau.

just an idea =)
  • mayburcm
    Options
    That's sooo good to hear because I just joined a strength training circuit class that is exactly what you described at the beginning of the week. Hopefully it will jump start the weight loss again.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Sending positive vibes to everyone but especially to those who are having some challenges this week and not sticking to their programs:

Persevere.

Some days you wake up feeling tired or distracted. You just don't have the time or energy to follow your healthier life style regimen at that moment. So, you skip breakfast, or eat that slice of cold pizza that you righteously avoided the night before. Days of discouragement shouldn't surprise you. They are reminders that food will always be complicated -- either a comfort or a distraction.

The key to real change is perseverance. When you take a misstep, for whatever reason, know that you will continue to persevere in your journey. You will start over at the next meal--you will overcome the temptation next time. That is how you'll succeed. Being perfect just isn't going to happen. So persevere.

Action for the day: No matter where you are in your journey, today you will persevere. Start over every time you stray from your plan. Start over as often as necessary.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hi losers,

I am not completing the daily exercise challenge; but, I did get in over 60 minutes on the cybex, stair climber and swimming...burning 504 calories...oh, yeah

Kim

Go Kim!!! Whoooohoooo!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    You all are rocking on the challenge!!! Keep up the good work!!:flowerforyou:
  • marlyg
    marlyg Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone......I would like to join in to. I hope I still can.....

screen name: marlyg
    goal for feb 28th: 185
    feb 1st: 193
    feb 8th:
    feb15th:
    feb 22nd:
    feb 28th:
  • Amberlin
    Amberlin Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I just completed my challenge for today and used my 10 month old as a weight of the lunges, squats and sit ups! I also spent 30 minutes in the pool today and completed 30 laps or 750 meters! I am terrified of the weekend, already ate too much pizza for dinner. Here's hoping I can stay on track Saturday and Sunday!
  • Danoodle
    Options
    Here is to getting our workouts in on the weekend! Go team!
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    k so i haven't been doing the weekly challenge everyday cos i go to the gym everyday and hit it pretty hard and i usually do most of the challenge exercises anyways.

I think i need to some interval training and circuits to confuse my body cos i think for some reason im at a plateau even though ive only lost 13lbs so far....
  • Nadyasmom
    Options
    Sending positive vibes to everyone but especially to those who are having some challenges this week and not sticking to their programs:

Persevere.

Some days you wake up feeling tired or distracted. You just don't have the time or energy to follow your healthier life style regimen at that moment. So, you skip breakfast, or eat that slice of cold pizza that you righteously avoided the night before. Days of discouragement shouldn't surprise you. They are reminders that food will always be complicated -- either a comfort or a distraction.

The key to real change is perseverance. When you take a misstep, for whatever reason, know that you will continue to persevere in your journey. You will start over at the next meal--you will overcome the temptation next time. That is how you'll succeed. Being perfect just isn't going to happen. So persevere.

Action for the day: No matter where you are in your journey, today you will persevere. Start over every time you stray from your plan. Start over as often as necessary.

Thank you for this! To call yesterday a "misstep" is speaking kindly of it! ;) But today is a new day!!
  • zilla
    zilla Posts: 46
    Options
    I only just saw this... so I think I'm going to aim for 7lbs. I'll get to my STGW then too.

CW: 120
    STGW: 103
    LTGW: 99
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options

Persevere.

Thanks I needed this!!!
  • Dreambodyreacher
    Options
    IM IN!!!!

Screen name: Dreambodyreacher
    Goal for February 28th: 285
    February 1st (starting weight): 299.9
    February 8th:
    February 15th:
    February 22nd:
    February 28th:
  • 2Young4This
    2Young4This Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy weekend to everyone!
    There is some great work going on from you guys. I especially love the idea of using a baby as a weight... made me smile!
    Thanks lots to Mollie for the motivating words. We are nearly one fifth of the way there and you all sound very motivated.

Not sure if you have picked up from my recent posts but I have been finding the last week or two a bit difficult. I have been at this weight loss thing since July and I'm starting to turn my attention to making this a long term / lifetime thing rather than "Oooh I'll lose weight for a bit". I want this to be the last time I lose weight. So I've started experimenting and testing my willpower. Turns out my willpower is still weak but I'm working on it.

I've had a bit of a breakthrough today though and feel like I'm back on track - I didn't really go totally off track but I feel more motivated than before. Hope you don't mind me sharing - I just think it's important to post this stuff as at different times we will all go through it.

Halfway through the week - keep it going because weigh in already looming on Tuesday!!

Lots of love x
  • marenbobarren
    Options
    Oooh I'll be a joiner!!!

screen name: marenbobarren
    goal for feb 28th: 263
    feb 1st: 273
    feb 8th:
    feb15th:
    feb 22nd:
    feb 28th: