C-SECTION MAMAS HOW WILL 'WE' DO THIS???

Options

Replies

• Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I am proof that the c-section pooch thing does not have to last! You have to do it for yourself though---please....no surgery! Silly, think about it....a plastic surgeon is going to tell you to get surgery to remove the pooch that your surgery caused:huh:

I changed my diet, continued treating myself to sweets-but way less....picked up my cardio and I did Insanity. I don't think you have to go out and purchase Insanity-though I found it on a discount site for only $70.00 compared to beachbody which is like
    $120!

Anyway...the moves he does are a lot of repeater knees, squats kicks, scissor kicks...they work that lower abs...
    ALSO....Cindy Whitmarsh has an ab system...I do it on 'ON DEMAND'.....she really works those abs...it is the lower part that struggles the most, you still need to work your upper abs though....

CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO to lose the extra flab....ab work to tighten what is left:)
    YAY!! HOPE HAS ARRIVED!! LOL :happy:
  • autumnrstarr
    Options
    i've had 2 csections and after my first, i went right back to pre-baby body. after the second, i'm HUGE compared to what i was. I'm currently 30lbs overweight from MY normal weight, and my second baby is almost 2 years!!! I have a plastic surgeon and he showed me that my muscles are definitely split and it would have been easier to re-attach them if i had started to earlier, but i'm just so lazy and i've never had to work out, so i thought it would just happen on it's own. almost two years later, it's obviously NOT happening on it's own. I've been trying to do so much research and I bought the ab circle pro(doing workouts specifically for your abs is not going to help as MUCH as cardio and aerobics..it only helps tone AFTER you've lost weight in that area really)...so being that i have a huge muffin top, the ab circle pro is getting dusty until i drop SOME weight. Right now, I'm working constantly on my elliptical trainer and i love love love it. I can't tell you any success stories yet, but I'm really hoping to be able to in a couple of months!!! i think the best advice i can give right now, is LOTS of cardio, aerobics would REALLY help, finding the right diet for YOUR body, and sticking to it. Lots of water helps speed up metabolism just as green tea does. I have that pouch that hangs over my scar, but I've seen moms without surgery have flat stomachs and i'm going to get there....somehow!! if i dont get results within a couple of months though, I am fortunate enough(thank goodness!!!) to be able to afford smart lipo. it's expensive but that's why i'm trying to work out so i don't have to have surgery. dont get discouraged though ladies, because it IS possible to lose all that weight. I'm just lazy...so I might cheat...GOOD LUCK LADIES. I WISH YOU THE BEST!

- Autumn
    on day 6 of diet and workouts and counting!!
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    :drinker: bump
  • Curves73
    Curves73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My only thought is don't worry about it till you get to your goal weight. Concentrate on losing , once you lose it all you can start toning it all. All in due time. :smile:
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    I'm 26 mother of two 3 year old and a 8 month old both c-section I do yoga abs and although it's not all the away i have seen a HUGE difference. It's bob Harpers yoga dvd 9.99 at best buy and it had a 15 min abs section. I kicks my butt but i can feel them getting stronger... thats what i do hope that helps
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I just had a C-section 8 months ago..And i noticed that sometimes that area hurts..like it's pretty sore sometimes..once the area was red for a week...As for the numb feeling I know what you mean, but it's starting to come back now it kinda feels like needles..I'm afraid i'll never lose my tummy..everyone always tells me c-section mommies will forever have that "pooch"

Takes 2 years for the nerves to regrow. You'll be feeling that tingly prickly sensation for a while. Then it'll just have that weird surfacy numbness to it.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies... I'm right there with most of you with 2 C's and believe me, I've gone bonkers over this very issue, as even when I *was* in shape, I still had this horrible thing hanging from me... especially if I bent over; it's like having deflated udders. ick.

Good news: you *can* work off a bunch of it and the skin WILL smooth and flatten out - to a point. You probably won't be able to wear a bikini again, but you'll be able to show a little tummy without being mortified and grossing everyone out. Oh, and for those worried about stretch marks - skin regenerates approximately every 7 years. They'll fade. :-)

Bad news: it's called the cesearean (good lord my spelling is horrible lately!) hang for a reason. The only way to REALLY get it all firmed up and gone away is.. yep, you guessed it - a tummy tuck. Yet ANOTHER abdominal surgery. Go fig, right?

Good news: alot of plastic surgeons can use what's called a micro-cut and it's a minimal slice; just enough to pull the skin taught and get it smoothed out and minimally scarring. The other good news is that this particular type of tuck, since it's just skin, is not AS invasive because they don't have to cut through muscles and so many nerves. Recovery (I would presume) would not be quite like a C-section. I've seriously thought about getting this done some day, but considering I'm pushing 40, it seems kind of pointless and will be even more pointless by the time I could afford it.

So, overall, I guess it depends on what your ultimate goal is: to be relatively comfortable in your existing skin or to be able to walk around in a bikini. That will pretty much determine which course you want to go in. BUT - if you get a tuck, make sure you're done having babies first. :-) Would hate to spend all that money and then have it ruined and having to do it *again*, which will be even harder on your body (in fact, I really wouldn't recommend it - think Joan Rivers). I'm probably going to go with the more natural route.. unless middle age hits me way too hard and I suddenly have a desperate need to look 25 (or as close to it as whatever money I have at that point will buy me! lol). I figure if the worst of it stays below the "bikini line" - what the hell do I care? I mean really... I may never WEAR a bikini again, but regardless no one by my bf should be lookin' that low anyway! And it's most obvious during those more private moments anyway and if he's not running away screaming then what do I have to worry about? If I can wear hip jeans and cropped sweater again, I'll be thrilled! :-)

Hope this helps!
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    C-section mom x 3 here too. Hoping to find more tips on how to get rid of that flab. The numbness I had is almost gone. It went from a huge oval area of about 4 inches long below my belly button to just a small round patch the size of a quarter right below my belly button. Hoping that as the years go by the numbness will be completely gone! I had my first C-section just about 13 years ago, and my last one about 6 years ago. I've been overweight for a long time afterward, hoping that didn't do too much damage.
  • willrun4redvines
    Options
    Lots of core work seems to be helping me. I do yoga 3-4 times a week and anything that activates the core muscles (plank, etc.) give me a pretty good workout.

I was fortunate with both of my c-sections though. My first, while an emergency, healed nicely and for my second (pre-planned) my OB said, "Hey, you don't mind if I thin out this scar do you?" Um, heck no! She also, because she didn't have anything else going on, stitched the muscles back together. It hurt like mad but I don't have a large pooch.

Lots of core work is helping me too- especially yoga. Plank and push ups are probably the best things you can do to tighten up your core. I am an INSANITY grad and he has a great 15 minute Cardio Abs routine that I do a 2-3 days a week(as an addition to my other workouts). I've had 2 c/s and it was the 2nd one in 2006 that I had problems with. I only got feeling back around my scar last year. My tummy is not flat, but it is less poochy that it was. I credit planks(any yoga that activates the core really), push ups and Insane Abs for that.
  • roxybubbles
    Options
    I've also had 3 c-sections all through the same scar line and spoke to my doctor about my kangaroo pouch(am serious, it hangs about 3 inches over my bikini line, sorry if that's tmi). Although the muscles can be toned the excess skin will unfortunately never go, so I have a big glass jar with 'Tummy Tuck Fund' on it in my kitchen....
  • qtrhrsewoman
    Options
    I don't know the truth to this, but I knew a woman that lost 100+ lbs. She was a knock out except she had the dreaded pooch (I always laugh and say that mine had somewhere to be before my pregnancy and after it was over, it just decided to hang out where it was). She tried lots of things to get rid of the C-section bulge but never could and she was extremely fit. She ended up and had a tuck. The Dr. told her that with as many years as she was overweight on top of multiple c-sections (I think that she had 2), that there was only so much she could firm up. Depressing, huh? I don't know if this was the Dr.'s take on it because he wanted the $$$ or if there is truth in this. I know she didn't choose surgery as a quick answer. I also think she looked great the way she was. You didn't notice her pooch when she was dressed. Of course, I never had to see her naked.
  • MrsKelly73
    Options
    I have had 3 c sections and 3 abdominal surgeries...I am resigned to the fact that i will never wear a bikini again..and i'm cool with that.
    I honestly think that each woman is different and we wear our fat in different places. I am heaviest in my arms and legs. at 160 I had a relatively flat tummy. I will always have the little shelf but in jeans you couldn't tell.
    We are mother's...and should be proud of the sacrifices we made for our babies. My breasts will never be the same after 4 kids! nor will my tummy. Embrace it and just concentrate on being healthy! good luck
    Kel
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I have seen competitive body building C-section moms that have zero pooch. It's kind of amazing because I saw (in pics) the scar but on a rock hard stomach. So, physically, it can be done.

Whether or not, I will have that kind of commitment to make it seem like I've never had these babies via surgery (not for lack of trying...36 hours of homebirth labor before my hospital transfer for Ms. Head Flex!) is a different story.

I think I might be ALL DONE with major abdominal surgery thanks! :bigsmile:
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Goodluck, I had a VBAC. totally worth it in my opinion! The hospitals in my area try to get you do a repeat c-sections, but I didn't want to. My second little girl came out after 2 hours of pushing! You can do it.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I just had a C-section 8 months ago..And i noticed that sometimes that area hurts..like it's pretty sore sometimes..once the area was red for a week...As for the numb feeling I know what you mean, but it's starting to come back now it kinda feels like needles..I'm afraid i'll never lose my tummy..everyone always tells me c-section mommies will forever have that "pooch"
    First on all your AMAZING so it wouldn't surprise me at all if you figure a way to get rid of it! You will go through all sorts of different feelings in that area sometimes it will ache or cramp. All sorts of sensations really. I have no feeling in my abdomin after having 3 c-sections. I don't mind that, it is what it is. Just makes it really difficult for me to feel my core, when I am working out, sit up are awful! lol
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    With my first, I had a c-section that resulted in a lot of numbness and general soreness in that area.

With my second, who is 7 months old, I VBAC'd and magically the numbness is all but gone. There's a very small amount of 'numb' feeling, but not nearly as bad.

I'm hoping once I lose the weight, I can tone it up by ab-work. Otherwise I'd consider some plastic surgery.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I have the same fear. I am 19 and I have had two c-sections. I know that a lot of people will automatically go to judging because of my age, don't think that bothers me much. ANYHOW...

I have the same issue with my stomach. I have worried forever, but I have seen pictures of a member on here that had twins, and had the same pooch. It was dramatically reduced and she isn't done yet. While some women can get rid of the pooch, some have to resort to tummy tucks.

As for the numbness, it goes away. I had it for my first c-section for over a year, but it does pass.
  • asm12707
    Options
    i had 2 c-sections also one 3 1/2 yrs ago and one 3 months ago. i am also trying to work on my tummy, if anyone has tips please let me know
  • suziehomemaker
    Options
    bump....2 c sections for me and have unfortunately had the dreaded "pooch" all my life so mine is not going anywhere anytime soon.....just hope i can lose weight and look great no matter if i have a pooch or not (i have never worn a bikini, im not about to start now)
  • loriefolk
    Options
    Hi!! I am Jena a mother of 3 and along with them came 3 c-sections!! I KNOW my battle with my stomach will not be an easy one. After 3 major surgeries all in the same spot I literally don't feel my abdomin at all. It can be a challenge to "find my core".
    My question is what are you other c-section mommy's doing to help in your pooch area?? Of course we mommy's do our crunches but what other kinds of things can we do to give that area some special attention?? I would love to hear some success stories of people like me, who have already overcome this and could give me some pointers on how to battle the buldge when you can't feel the buldge! :grumble: I will admit it is starting to worry me a little because I KNOW I will get to goal one day, my fear is I will have a horrible tummy!! :sad: TRAINERS please feel free to give me some pointers too!! :wink:

I've had 3 c-sections, the most recent was 8 months ago. I can already see my abs!! You CAN do this!! I suggest Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and an elliptical (because you burn nearly double the calories vs. a treadmill). Drink lots of water and eat a variety of different colored fruits and veggies. You got this, I promise! If you need any help at all, please feel free to friend me :)