February Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I messed up my knee, so I'm stuck at 30 minutes :cry:. I'm going to try to go back in the morning, but I'm afraid I might make it worse. The inside side of my left kneecap is sore. Not sure what that could be but I'm ready to start jogging again!

OUCH! Maybe start with only walking, and if it still hurts bad maybe check with a doctor?
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    1 mile...check! Today was one of those days where I just didn't want to do it. lol But its done, and I'm glad.
  • chrysnel
    Options
    Grrr.. had to create a new ticker because I can never remember the stupid PIN code! :grumble:

Oh, and my pedometer went through the wash and doesn't work too well anymore, so I'm guessing, but definitely underestimating my steps. Usually when I get out for all my walks I end up about 14-16000 steps per day, and I'm only estimating 12000 per day for now. Will have to go out and get a new one soon so I can input proper numbers :wink:
  • soniams
    soniams Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm on board. Looking to besting my total for last month.
  • sassyshelley
    sassyshelley Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    my dog is starting to lose weight too, 1 1/2 hrs on the Elk Falls trail yesterday, today still haven't decided where to walk..

lol...I hope mine starts losing some of his. He's put on a few pounds (well a lot...I think its from eating the puppy's food when we got the puppy last year). Since he is a bigger breed I don't want him to get a weight problem and then have hip issues. :(

I should do a before and after of the dog
  • sassyshelley
    Options
    I logged 6.05 miles today! 4.05 miles walking around NYC and 2 miles trying out my Leslie Sansone DVD, which came in the mail today.

what a walk!
  • riley22
    Options
    I've managed to walk a couple days. It's hard with all the snow on the ground. I'm determined though.

What am I doing wrong? My ticker still shows I've done nothing! Eeeek.
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Finally made a start for February! This morning is the first day in ages it's been under 30C, so my husband and I took the opportunity and walked 1.5 miles before breakfast. Feels great :) Happy weekend everyone!

Oh, and about the ticker not updating, are you sure you're logging into the same one to update and not accidentally creating another one? That's all I can come up with at the moment. Hope it gets worked out for you!

xx
  • riley22
    Options
    Thanks a lot for the help!
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    ok, i will try this too. if i cant walk every day cuz of the weather, can i make up for it by walking longer on other days?

exercise.png
  • FabulousGia
    Options
    Yesterday, I walked 4.56 miles.
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    50 minutes thru the snow this morning. It was GREAT!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    ok, i will try this too. if i cant walk every day cuz of the weather, can i make up for it by walking longer on other days?

exercise.png

Sure! I also have links to some walking videos on youtube. :) So you get your walking in and be inside in the warm air!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    Options
    my dog is starting to lose weight too, 1 1/2 hrs on the Elk Falls trail yesterday, today still haven't decided where to walk..

lol...I hope mine starts losing some of his. He's put on a few pounds (well a lot...I think its from eating the puppy's food when we got the puppy last year). Since he is a bigger breed I don't want him to get a weight problem and then have hip issues. :(

I should do a before and after of the dog

LOL a before and after pet thread! that would be so funny.
  • loriefolk
    Options
    Checking in! I'm so happy with my progress!! Check out my ticker =D
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Did 2 miles today.
  • sassyshelley
    Options
    45 minutes today, I am getting faster...the trail I took today usually takes me an hour!
  • mnmorneau
    Options
    Weekends are my time to get off the treadmill and do a volksmarch or two but today I did something new. I have to do different things or I get bored. I signed up last week to do a 5K run/walk for Children's Tranplant organization here in town. It was fun,just like a volksmarch except we had lots of runners and we were timed. Did the 3 miles in 57 minutes and few seconds. I thought that was great because there was 2 hills and I hate hills. Met a nice lady that I hope will become my walking buddy. Have been looking for one since I moved here and think I have found one. Have two other benefit walk/runs coming up. Soooooo if anyone wants to do something different to break the menotomy(did I spell that right) look for some run/walks in your area, it helps you and the organizations. Now, those of you up to you eyeballs in snow must wait til you are thawed out and snow is melted.
  • FabulousGia
    Options
    I walked 1.86 miles today.
  • LMRoses
    LMRoses Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Walked 0.6 miles as a cooldown after my first Zumba class, feeling great!

xx