Like minded lushes -Februay 2011

Options

Replies

• barberella
    Options
    Hello lushes!

Everyone ready for SuperBowl?? My favorite drink is Canadian Club with Diet Coke. For Sunday, I'm prepared to bring some yellow and green jello shots that will be made with rum and sugar free jello though. I am also having some sugar free Jager bombs as well...

During the week are my heaviest drinking nights. Those are the happy hours and team trivia nights. I try to limit it to 3 nights a week, but ITS HARD!!!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    anyone have the racing thoughts while trying to fall asleep?

<raises hand>
    I've been such a horrible sleeper for so long! Finally, my doctor prescribed Xanax so I could chill out and not have my mind race. I tried Ambien and other sleep meds, but they just knocked me on my butt for 5 hours then I was wide awake...thinking...all over again.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    When I drink a lot I will "fall asleep" (i.e. pass out) then wake up around 4am, not sure if that is when I am sober, or if it is the sugar in the alcohol. I wonder if the dreaming when you're not drinking is really just because you are waking more in those dreaming stages of sleep instead of the passed out sleep where you might not be roused as readily.
    Last night I had a single glass of wine. I think a single glass of red wine is really do-able for me because I don't drink it as quickly as I would a beer or a vodka-soda. I was also with my pregnant friend and she wasn't drinking so that probably helps.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 2 1/3 Samual Adams
    Wednesday, 1 Samual Adams
    Thursday, 5 wine (3.5 oz per glass)...like 2 sips if you ask me

Total: 8 1/3....I think I am doing better than the last 2 weeks...3 more days to go with a superbowl which our division is in

Also, I agree with the dreaming aspect when refraining from the alcohol...we even had a discussion at work about it...most drinkers do have difficulty sleeping and thus we hit the bottle to compensate...anyone have the racing thoughts while trying to fall asleep?
    good job so far Kim. yes my mind races big time. I think it takes me about a week of no drinking to get to where it isn't so bad. thats why it is so hard not to drink. I like to sleep.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I budgeted my calories so I could finish off an open bottle of my favorite wine. Shade Mountain VIneyard's (a semi-local winery) Six Dwarf's Mint Wine. Tastes like a Mojito without kicking me in the buttocks. It's more like my buttocks getting gently caressed. :smile:

http://www.shademountainwinery.com/
  • rhazelwood
    rhazelwood Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ima social lush and want to be part of this great group too....Cheers!

I love your signature - I tell people that I am at the gym at 4:45 am so I can be there before I am awake enough to talk myself out of going! :)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Friday, 6 Samual Adams

Total: 14 1/3...it is...what it is...Friday night:drinker: :drinker:
  • rjadams
    Options
    Drinking every day for the past two weeks. Up 3 pounds. hmmmmmmmm. guess I need to stop that nonsense.
  • rjadams
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Friday, 6 Samual Adams

I count my wine by the ounce. Besides I thought that a glass of wine is 5 ounces according to all the things I have read.
  • kdpamd
    kdpamd Posts: 38
    Options
    Bump. :drinker:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Beautiful Bride!!

Made up for no drinking for 2 days last night. Friends came over so over celebrated.....15 lite beers....ouch! :sad: None for tonight is on the agenda! lol
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Friday, 6 Samual Adams

I count my wine by the ounce. Besides I thought that a glass of wine is 5 ounces according to all the things I have read.

MFP states 3.5 oz and other sites I have seen indicate 4 oz...so, it really doesn't matter, I usually polish off the whole bottle
  • hannyt
    hannyt Posts: 33
    Options
    Cheers!! Glad I found this post! I'm a weekend drinker anymore...mostly Friday nights. Last night I spent the night in with the beau but I might go out tonight...hitting the treadmill to make myself feel better about knockin' back a few ;) What's your drink of choice? Mine is either a good Bud Lite or my bloody mary's! :)
  • rjadams
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Friday, 6 Samual Adams

MFP states 3.5 oz and other sites I have seen indicate 4 oz...so, it really doesn't matter, I usually polish off the whole bottle

According to Ask.com wiki answers

The standard answer is five. Five ounces of wine contain approximately the same amount of alcohol as a 1.5 ounce serving of 80-proof liquor such as whiskey, or a 12-ounce beer.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_ounces_are_in_a_standard_glass_of_wine#ixzz1D7SfdByn
  • mikki3
    mikki3 Posts: 63
    Options
    Glad I found this group again! :drinker:

I didn't make my goal to not drink Sun-Thurs in January, but I found that I was a lot more mindful of what I was drinking and I made sure I counted every drink in MFP. Vodka martinis go down WAY too fast, so I pretty much stuck with wine.

I too find that the nights I don't drink are full of very vivid, very strange dreams. It's not much of an incentive to not have that bedtime nightcap...

Cheers!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Friday, 6 Samual Adams

According to Ask.com wiki answers

The standard answer is five. Five ounces of wine contain approximately the same amount of alcohol as a 1.5 ounce serving of 80-proof liquor such as whiskey, or a 12-ounce beer.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_ounces_are_in_a_standard_glass_of_wine#ixzz1D7SfdByn

I LOVE YOU ROBIN...YAY...IT'S NOT AS BAD AS I THOUGHT
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    ok this is awesome.

I seem to drink at least once a week most likely more. nothing crazy just with friends or roomies. this week though... yeah.. thats been kinda crazy. lets just say Sailor Jerry is my next ex husband.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    last night I had a grande silver coin marg-so yummy, then I had 4 bud light, then a vodka martini, then a coors light. I am feeling rough today, must be the mixing-what do you think-liquor before beer you're in the clear, beer before liquor never sicker? I think there is some truth to that...
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I can never mix. I get all crazy and the next morning i feel like i've been kicked by a mule somewhere vital. If i start hard i finish hard. :p
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I can't mix either. Damn, Amy, were you out on the town last night?

I'm sick. :sad: So I just had some tea and water last night...with Ben and Jerry's Phish Food. Yum! I'm still feeling crappy, so no drinking for me tonight either...which is good...I guess.

Week's totals:
    Monday=0
    Tuesday=alot of vodka and irish cream
    Wednesday=some vodka and irish cream
    (those were my "cold days" off from school) :drinker:
    Thursday=1 vodka redbull
    Friday=0 drinks
    Saturday=0 drinks

So many newbies...I can't keep track of everyone!! :smile: