Replies

• Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    :laugh: No prob!! :drinker:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I think everyone did real well with their Super Bowl eats and drinks! :happy:
    My last post was about my Fri. night binge. I did not drink Sat. or Sun. and don't plan on it tonight. The new Dr. I went to Fri. has me hyped to slow way down on the booze, quit smoking. Actually, he didn't say anything about the drinking, but I think I know where he's going to head to. I'll see him in 2 wks; meantime got to get blood work, bone density test, and the good ole' mammo masher. Yee Haw! :laugh:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    meantime got to get blood work, bone density test, and the good ole' mammo masher. Yee Haw! :laugh:

gotta take care of the coconuts:laugh:
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I loooove this thread.. seriously, not ever drink so that I can lose the weight? Pff not likely.

On the topic of fav drinks, I love red wine but I have to switch to something else if I want to drink more than one glass. I've been drinking cape cods lately, but I realized that if vodka or gin with diet sprite will be only the calories from the alcohol. Yayness.
  • humpalc
    humpalc Posts: 140
    Options
    Had a party at our house Friday night and managed to have only one glass of 'skinny girl' margarita, and a glass (and a half) of Moscato - kept filling my wine glass with water, so it wasn't empty long enough to put more booze in it - LOL
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I feel as though I need to do a running tab...

its a relatively short list.

So for every touchdown scored, we took a shot of sailor Jerry. Yeah... you do the math.
    I also eased the burn with 4 Blue Moons from a sampler pack.
    2 glasses of water (to make sure i didn't go liquor crazy)

by the end of the night i felt like my world was spinning. yeah. it was a hell of a game though!
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Just caught up on all the posts - RJ, that's a beautiful picture of your daughter.

I loved all the super bowl reports - sounds like everyone did okay. I can honestly report I didn't drink anymore than usual during the game. :blushing:
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    meantime got to get blood work, bone density test, and the good ole' mammo masher. Yee Haw! :laugh:

gotta take care of the coconuts:laugh:

LOL Kim!!! LOLOL Ohhhh, I sooo didn't think of that! P.S. I wasn't drunk when that picture was taken! Me, plain! :bigsmile:
  • albragg
    Options
    Oh jeez, I'm so glad I found this thread. Alcohol is definitely a factor in preventing weight loss for me, as well as a huge factor into my Freshmen 15... I'm a second year undergrad at UCSB. When it comes to drinking, I usually party Friday and Saturday. Sometimes Thursday. My goal is to cut back my consumption and only drink on EITHER Friday or Saturday!
  • jschwarz3531
    Options
    Hi everyone! Happy Monday!

Well, today is my first day on my latest cigarette quitting attempt. I know this thread is about alcohol, but for me, the two really go hand-in-hand. Trying to stave off cravings for a cigarette is reason enough for me to have 0 drinks today. Sigh. Why cant all of our vices be good for us?!

I was not good on superbowl, but I wasnt trying to be. Had a pot luck with friends it was deeeelicious!! :)

Good luck with your goals this week!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks

I'm really going to try hard this week to be GOOD...I have a party that I am going to on Saturday...I'm bringing jello shots and Grey Goose for lemon drop shots...I'll save my 12 drink limit for that night

STAY STRONG!!
  • 008Lizzy
    008Lizzy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    HI All! Can I join in, for I am def a :drinker: and like my vino! I banned red wine from the house last week, its killing me..and yesterday which was my first official diary day, I measured my allowance into a container in the fridge, and siiippppppped it slowly..
    I cannot cook without a glass of wine in my hand - BUT I'm trying to cut it down and pleased I've made my first real commitment by doing the measuring thingy..
    BTW - the word "LUSH".. we use it to describe something really fab!
    As in "I saw a handbag yesterday in the shop, its was LUSH"
    had a great day at the spa, yeah it was "LUSH"
    Its a word we use a lot, so when I seen the LUSH group...guess I had to be in :happy:
    Looking forward to getting to know you all! Cheers everyone!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Monday = 0 dirnks. I was home in bed all day after attempting to go to work and only lasting 2 hours. some kind of stomach fevery thing. I only got up to go to the bathroom. DH brought me comfort food and I slept all day. but at least no alcohol!:bigsmile:
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Good for you jschwarz3531!:flowerforyou: Kick those smokes! BEST thing you can do for yourself, even more than moderating other intakes :wink: . And yes, for some, smoking and drinking are hard linked. DH gave up drinking entirely for over a year when he quit. Felt that a tot of brandy would dissolve his resolve. If you have to quit then quit then quit again, that's ok too, just keep quitting! DH said we to practice several times to get good at quitting:ohwell: As for me, I can smoke... or I can breathe... I get to choose. :tongue: I don't even think or dream about it any more

Scheduled 2 glasses of red for tonight, just in case my buddy wants wine instead of wii... so better get up off my butt and burn it off in advance, know I won't feel like sweating AFTER the wine... :drinker:

Robin, hope you're feeing better soon. It stinks being sick :sick: just when you're adjusting to a new job. :cry:

Blondie, thanks for the new take on "Lush", :love: :love: :love:

Smoke free 11 years, you CAN do this:heart:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Robin, I am fighting a cold virus as well - I asked Amy to send it this way - be careful what you wish for

Auntiebk, great words of inspiration...

Well, I should have no difficulty staying alcohol free tonight - not cooking with wine, that's half the battle as Blondie08 well knows

Peace!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I had one Ace Pear Cider with dinner last night but that was it.

I'm sitting here at school surfing teh interwebz because we're on a two hour delay. BOR-ing!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had one Ace Pear Cider with dinner last night but that was it.

I'm sitting here at school surfing teh interwebz because we're on a two hour delay. BOR-ing!
    I got one hour late start-I slept in! Last night DH and I shared a bottle of wine with dinner at Table 6, really yum. It was a cebernet franc. First Superbowl, then my birthday, tonight is Weeds but maybe I won't drink, I think I am fighting off something, this congestion has settled in my chest. I think I will run the 3.5 miles tonight but not try to break any records:noway:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Happy Monday!

Well, today is my first day on my latest cigarette quitting attempt. I know this thread is about alcohol, but for me, the two really go hand-in-hand. Trying to stave off cravings for a cigarette is reason enough for me to have 0 drinks today. Sigh. Why cant all of our vices be good for us?!

I was not good on superbowl, but I wasnt trying to be. Had a pot luck with friends it was deeeelicious!! :)

Good luck with your goals this week!!
    Good luck with the quitting. I quit 5 years ago today! I think it's best to be kind to yourself. You might have a bad day and screw up and smoke a cigarette but don't think "oh, now I have to buy a pack" it's like losing weight, just because you blew it one day, dust yourself off and try again.
    I also have another theory about the drinking, which is a trigger, but for me, getting in the car after work was a trigger and I still had to do that everyday and what happened, after 2 weeks I could get in the car and drive home without thinking about smoking, so your brain will form new connections, the more you drink and DON'T smoke, the less you will associated drinking and smoking, so instead of not drinking, drink all the time:tongue::drinker:
  • jschwarz3531
    Options
    Amy, I absolutely love that advice LOL!

Today is day 2! I feel FINE. its actually very strange. I just went out on lunch, ate, drove and now im drinking coffee-and I really am not bothered by it. Not sure why but I am not complaining.

Also, Monday=0 drinks.

PS- Amy & Soccer- JEALOUS of your delays!! Just rain this morning in NY. So sad to go to school on time every day this week LOL.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Amy, I absolutely love that advice LOL!

Today is day 2! I feel FINE. its actually very strange. I just went out on lunch, ate, drove and now im drinking coffee-and I really am not bothered by it. Not sure why but I am not complaining.

Also, Monday=0 drinks.

PS- Amy & Soccer- JEALOUS of your delays!! Just rain this morning in NY. So sad to go to school on time every day this week LOL.
    I quit over a year ago at Thanksgiving. I didn't really struggle in the beginning. then later when the urge would be kicked up by somehting (like going to a bar with DH) I would think to myself that I had already been smoke free for "x" weeks so why stop now. You can do it.