Like minded lushes -Februay 2011

Options

Replies

• 4crazykids
    Options
    I've been drinking one glass of wine while I make dinner/lunches for the 4 kids for the next day. Tonight, I'll drink a couple of glasses while I clean the house. Zumba class at the YMCA 3 days a week has been fun but I'm going to try to do Zumba on Wii the other days.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    What can't I have a healthy habit like jogging

Because jogging sucks. (Sorry to any runners out there!)

Monday=1
    Tuesday=0
    Wednesday=1
    Thursday=0

Tonight will probably be a frelling blowout...our house has been designated the "party house" so all the neighbors come over so the kids can play in the playroom downstairs and we can drink upstairs. I'd like to hold myself to 2 drinks and 2 shots...we'll see.
  • 4crazykids
    Options
    I'm almost glad the football season is over because I always feel heavier on Monday after beer (a couple of Miller Chills) and football snacks. :drinker:
  • 4crazykids
    Options
    ooops!
  • 4crazykids
    Options
    Honestly, Zumba is so much fun and addicting! I recommend everyone try it once if you have the opportunity. I hate Jogging too!
  • jfgstrack1
    Options
    I am so happy to join this group! I LOVE wine and I don't think it's a crime to be a social drinker. I have wine every day and have switched to red for a healthier benefit. I feel as long as I account for it in my calories and exercise I'm good. Let's wine and carefully dine, together. Raise a glass to wish us all successful losing!
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking one glass of wine while I make dinner/lunches for the 4 kids for the next day. Tonight, I'll drink a couple of glasses while I clean the house. Zumba class at the YMCA 3 days a week has been fun but I'm going to try to do Zumba on Wii the other days.

LOL I thought I was the only person in the world that liked to drink while I clean. It just makes it so much more enjoyable!

I started Zumba a month ago. I love it so much. I started going with a friend so it is fun for the social aspect & I get a great work out too :)

On another note I have decided not to drink for 2 weeks to see if I can jump start my weight loss. I have not lost anything in like 2 weeks so I am getting frustrated. I promised myself I would totally good & see what happens then. But in 2 weeks I have a big music festival to go to so there will be drinks for sure :)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I had a glass of red wine last night, even though I stayed home sick yesterday. It just sounded good, a small glass of merlot with a one dove dark chocolate.
    I have started seeing red wine as health food, I even read it is a "flat belly" food. Just one glass per day.
    Tonight I have a birthday dinner at The Keg. I was looking over the menu, I think a sirloin is my best bet, I hope they have baked sweet potato and not just regular potato. It's not on the menu, but I think they just have to...
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Oh, I love The Keg...you know, if they have some great veggie sides if they don't have a sweet potato.

I've not eaten a ton today (less than 500 calories) and I did yoga and a 60 minute cardio workout so I have a ton of cals to burn! BUT More for dinner and drinks later!!
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    Monday- 3 shots
    Friday(oops today)- 4-5 shots

I need the kinect for the xbox everyone does all these dancing games and burns the hell outta the calories.... little jealous.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!! smiley-eatdrink048.gif
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 3 flirtinis (2 shakers, I think, makes 3 drinks)
    Thursday, 3 Sam Adams
    Friday, 0 drinks

Total: 6 drinks:bigsmile:
    Goal: <12

Hoping I can keep it less than 6 for the remaining 2 more days:sad: control, control, control
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 3 flirtinis (2 shakers, I think, makes 3 drinks)
    Thursday, 3 Sam Adams
    Friday, 0 drinks

Total: 6 drinks:bigsmile:
    Goal: <12

Hoping I can keep it less than 6 for the remaining 2 more days:sad: control, control, control
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hi *waves* I <3 wiiiinneee. 31yo Aussie, massive binge drinker about once a week now, it was 2-3 times a week. I drink if stressed, angry or in a great mood.

I usually do 2 bottles at a time, massive calorie intake. Have tried switching to vodka, lime and soda but it take me twice as long to feel drunk which annoys me. I have tried low cal wine but it takes too long too feel the effects. So I am back on the wine occasionally. I haven't read all the threads, but who ever gets on the treadmill half cut, trying to work it off? haha. I have done a couple of times. Drank last night 1 bottle and half a bottle tonight with 1 vodka, lemon lime and bitters at dinner with friends. Great group you have going on here. It is one vice I can't and won't give up whilst trying to lose weight. Same with the cigarettes.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    great job kim.

welcome to all the new faces.

Last night was half a bottle of white and then I fell asleep so not too bad. Its Bailey's in the coffee this morning. and the scale is moving back down so all is good.
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    I.
    Am.
    HUNG.
    OVER.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    I.
    Am.
    HUNG.
    OVER.

Eat some greasy food and a cold bubbly cola and some ibuprofen....hope you feel better
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Thanks Kim! I took a long-@ss nap today and just scrounged around the house for food. I broke a pint glass last night (and then stepped on it) so my foot hurts. :cry: My 2 year old also decided that today would be a good day to wake up at 5:40. Ugh. But, her and I snuggled on the couch while I sipped Gatorade and watched Nick Jr. I feel much better after getting rehydrated and some sleep. Needless to say, I'm NOT drinking tonight. :laugh:

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!!
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi *waves* I <3 wiiiinneee. 31yo Aussie, massive binge drinker about once a week now, it was 2-3 times a week. I drink if stressed, angry or in a great mood.

Hello. I am in Australia too. Although I am not an Aussie I am proud to now call Australia home :)

I am the same as you when it comes to drinking I used to do it 2-3 times sometimes more a week & I am not talking one drink more like 1-2 bottles of wine. So I know where your coming from. I have pretty much cut it down to one blow out a week. That way I still get to have fun. One thing I have been doing is drinking more champagne because it has less calories then wine. I love champagne anyway so that is ok with me.

Good luck with your weight loss efforts!
  • 008Lizzy
    008Lizzy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ah well, about five glasses of wine last night, och, it WAS a Saturday:drinker: :smokin: :drinker: :smokin: :drinker: