Hurtful comments that have motivated you...

Options
Since I have three kids... one of my aunts said to me... "oh , you definitely have the figure to be a mother..."

I made a choice to take it as a compliment as my kids are the best things about my life :)

Replies

• richiefixo
    richiefixo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    someone once called me bulldozer....:S...i laughed it off but i think it secretly haunts me till today hehe
  • immskris
    Options
    My dad use to call me BB- for big butt.
  • 3ur3ka
    3ur3ka Posts: 230
    Options
    Since I have three kids... one of my aunts said to me... "oh , you definitely have the figure to be a mother..."

I made a choice to take it as a compliment as my kids are the best things about my life :)

That was mean! What is wrong with people, sometimes?

Luckily, I've never really had anyone say anything too terribly mean to me. The only people that say anything about my weight are people that are as big if not bigger than me.. I've been known to hurl the insults back out of anger at times. The last time someone said something to me about being big I said " I can't say anything. I have no room to talk BECAUSE YOU TOOK IT ALL." They cried..and I felt bad.

I try not to let things like that phase me. No one should. All that matters is that you try.
  • Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    "You can't lose that much weight especially at our age. Aim for 10 pounds more than your goal weight." from a 'friend'.

And I say (in my head), "Oh yeah. watch me!" Great motivator.
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    A coworker and I look similar and every time she is pregnant (this is her third pregnancy) I get asked how my pregnancy is going... Did I mention this time she is having twins!!!
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options
    "Why the hell would I go out with someone that might smother me with her stomach?"-a guy I liked at the time.
  • BuckeyeGirl1
    BuckeyeGirl1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of doing a half marathon and one of my coworkers told me the only way I could complete a half marathon is if someone was on a bike in front of me dangling a doughnut in front of my face all the way to the finish line. I was more motivated then ever and finished my first half and made sure to dangle the medal right in his face! I have completed a total of 5 with my 6th one in two weeks!
  • growing up my sisters called me brontosaurus butt whenever i'd play in the little plastic pool in the summer. "oh watch out, here comes brontosaurus butt down the slide!" whatever, kids are mean :)
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    "Oh that one is Sharina1985. The fat sister"

"Everyone needs a fat friend in their group. How else are we going to feel good about ourselves?! JUST KIDDINGG!!!"
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    "Why the hell would I go out with someone that might smother me with her stomach?"-a guy I liked at the time.

Whoah... that is nasty! I hope you kicked him in the "you know what!"
  • forthefab5
    Options
    I was thinking of doing a half marathon and one of my coworkers told me the only way I could complete a half marathon is if someone was on a bike in front of me dangling a doughnut in front of my face all the way to the finish line. I was more motivated then ever and finished my first half and made sure to dangle the medal right in his face! I have completed a total of 5 with my 6th one in two weeks!

That is seriously foul! Do these people think we have no feelings?

That is awesome about the half marathons! Great inspiration!
  • forthefab5
    Options
    "Oh that one is Sharina1985. The fat sister"

"Everyone needs a fat friend in their group. How else are we going to feel good about ourselves?! JUST KIDDINGG!!!"

Damn! Did you stay friends with them?
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Damn! Did you stay friends with them?

No way but it has motivated me a lot. People forget that fat people have feelings.
  • JaneZv
    JaneZv Posts: 200
    Options
    The worst comments came from my mom.

"Fat people are lazy and greedy, why do you think they are fat?" ... my mom said that to me once when she saw an ex bf of mine, he was slightly overweight, she then told me to dump him 'cus she thinks he is lazy and greedy. Granted she meant well but her comments are just so offensive. :explode:

Then last weekend while we were having dinner she told my sister not to eat too much "unless she wants to be ugly". What?!! My sis is 17 years old, 5'3" and weighs 110 pounds and she is already eating like a bird, yet she made that comment grrrrr..... :angry: :mad:

I don't even want to remember what she said to me. So glad I was only home for a weekend and it will be months till i see her again, and I must lose weight by then, sick of listening to her comments. :grumble:
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options

Whoah... that is nasty! I hope you kicked him in the "you know what!"

No I didn't. It still hurts since it happened in November, but it was a strong motivation.
  • k8smama
    Options
    I brought the stationary bike up from the basement so that I could use it in the heated, noncreepy part of our house. He asked me if I was going to use it or just hang clean laundry on it again. It hurt me, but everytime I feel like I'm too tired to get on it that day, I remember what he said and am running for my shorts and ipod!!
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Big booty Brenda and thunder thighs from my dad when I was 12, looking back I wasnt even fat then :/.
    This Christmas he proceeded to ask me if I was pregnant and said "i didn't know you could carry twins in your *kitten*" ..... oh and "you'll never find a man as fat as you are, its disgusting" .... I can't wait to tell him to shove off and ask him when his baby is due (beer belly). Ha!
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options

Big booty Brenda and thunder thighs from my dad when I was 12, looking back I wasnt even fat then :/.
    This Christmas he proceeded to ask me if I was pregnant and said "i didn't know you could carry twins in your *kitten*" ..... oh and "you'll never find a man as fat as you are, its disgusting" .... I can't wait to tell him to shove off and ask him when his baby is due (beer belly). Ha!

Videotape that and post it on here! Would be a great inspiration to anyone else who wants to tell someone else to shove it lol
  • R4z0r4Mm0
    Options
    OHH.. good topic!... here's one...

An older family friend that I haven't seen in a few years told me...

"Whoa...You're really starting to pack on the weight man!" (he didn't mean to be too rude, just stirring me to get a reaction)

I paused for second and said with a smirk..

"I'm losing weight actually and will be back in form in a few months before the end of the year
    <I put my hand around the back of his neck and pulled him close to me>
    but hey, look at you... you can't fix BALD and UGLY, sorry to hear that mate"

"F#@ker.." he replied, and walked away.

I've forgiven him already - but no one talks down to me without their foot being shoved up their *kitten*.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Grew up being called fat everyday will do that for ya.