Hurtful comments that have motivated you...

Options

Replies

• forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    OHH.. good topic!... here's one...

An older family friend that I haven't seen in a few years told me...

"Whoa...You're really starting to pack on the weight man!" (he didn't mean to be too rude, just stirring me to get a reaction)

I paused for second and said with a smirk..

"I'm losing weight actually and will be back in form in a few months before the end of the year
    <I put my hand around the back of his neck and pulled him close to me>
    but hey, look at you... you can't fix BALD and UGLY, sorry to hear that mate"

"F#@ker.." he replied, and walked away.

I've forgiven him already - but no one talks down to me without their foot being shoved up their *kitten*.

Love it! Good for you!
  • Eyesee
    Eyesee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    "I was surprised you flirted with me. You don't act like someone..."

What do you mean?

"You have a lot of self-esteem for someone, you know, for someone as fat as you."
    -Courtesy of a guy that I liked a little bit. He also went on to enlighten me that he only likes really skinny girls.

I went on to lose 40 pounds, date him briefly, take his virginity and break his heart so severely that he failed a semester of college and cried every day for weeks. I know revenge is terrible, but it just felt so right at the time.

(Must be karma that I gained the weight back, huh? :tongue: )
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    I looked up my height and weight on google and the comments I saw from people about that being fat. That is a motivator, just hearing that I am fat.
  • forthefab5
    forthefab5 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My dad use to call me BB- for big butt.

Big booty Brenda and thunder thighs from my dad when I was 12, looking back I wasnt even fat then :/.
    This Christmas he proceeded to ask me if I was pregnant and said "i didn't know you could carry twins in your *kitten*" ..... oh and "you'll never find a man as fat as you are, its disgusting" .... I can't wait to tell him to shove off and ask him when his baby is due (beer belly). Ha!

Actually, dad's are pretty good at hurtful comments hey?

Another gem from my dad when I lost some weight in 2008... "Wow, you are starting to see cheekbones now, see how much prettier you'd be if you lost more weight?"

Grrrr!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    "I was surprised you flirted with me. You don't act like someone..."

What do you mean?

"You have a lot of self-esteem for someone, you know, for someone as fat as you."
    -Courtesy of a guy that I liked a little bit. He also went on to enlighten me that he only likes really skinny girls.

I went on to lose 40 pounds, date him briefly, take his virginity and break his heart so severely that he failed a semester of college and cried every day for weeks. I know revenge is terrible, but it just felt so right at the time.

(Must be karma that I gained the weight back, huh? :tongue: )
    Oh my god... Makes me cringe that women can do these things and yet we get called dogs... dammit. Makes me even scared to date...
  • My dad use to call me BB- for big butt.

Big booty Brenda and thunder thighs from my dad when I was 12, looking back I wasnt even fat then :/.
    This Christmas he proceeded to ask me if I was pregnant and said "i didn't know you could carry twins in your *kitten*" ..... oh and "you'll never find a man as fat as you are, its disgusting" .... I can't wait to tell him to shove off and ask him when his baby is due (beer belly). Ha!

yeah, wtf?! i wasn't fat then, either!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I was tormented all through school, horribly. I didn't want to go anymore. I've been called everything you can think of. But one of the things that hurt the most was I was in the car with my mother and my son and I was mooing at the cows with him, he's Deaf and I was letting him feel the vibration, and stuff like that and she asked me if I was talking to my real family.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    My ex-stepmom used to tell me how fat I was. She kept me home from school in sophomore year for two hours to yell at me and tell me how fat I was. I weighed 118. I can't wait to get skinny, become a nurse, and let her know where to shove it. She was a nightmare for 10 years.
  • Eyesee
    Eyesee Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oh my god... Makes me cringe that women can do these things and yet we get called dogs... dammit. Makes me even scared to date...

Some men are dogs, and some women are female dogs (the word for that is used fairly often...). I don't really see how this is a "battle of the sexes" issue. That may be the most vicious thing I've ever done in my life, I know.
    On some level though, I really did like him. We dated for a few months and I thought I could get past the hurt and anger, but I couldn't, so in the end, the evil succubus heartbreak thing happened.

The lesson here is don't be a d*ck. :flowerforyou: (And yes, I realize that's true for me too, I did gain all the weight back, because I did it for the wrong reasons.)
  • Drealicious
    Options
    My mom used to tell me i looked like a refrigerator. SO it encouraged me to stop going there to get food
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    my dad once asked my brother if he wanted icecream and my brother declined and so i go "um ill take some ice cream" my dad responds "sorry lance just ran out of ice cream but just tell yourself a moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips" this is the same man that tells me im too skinny at 178 now! suck it dad! :noway:
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    My ex-stepmom used to tell me how fat I was. She kept me home from school in sophomore year for two hours to yell at me and tell me how fat I was. I weighed 118. I can't wait to get skinny, become a nurse, and let her know where to shove it. She was a nightmare for 10 years.

I have an evil stepmom, too. Mine is still currently married to my dad, though. She's always cut me down, but this is the one that hurt the worst:

Evil Stepmom: fitnesspirateninja, are you dieting?
    Me: Yes. I've lost 12 pounds.
    ES: Really? Because you don't look like you've lost any weight at all!

That was maybe eight years ago, but I think about that conversation when I'm starting to slack. She wants me to fail. I don't want to give her the satisfaction.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Had a guy that I was crushing on tell me boldly to my face that, "no man would ever love me."

When I was diagnosed with Diabetes and made the comment that things needed to change, the nurse rolling her eyes and giving the look, 'I've heard this before.' Don't tell me or insinuate I can't do something...I'll prove you wrong every time!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options

Some men are dogs, and some women are female dogs (the word for that is used fairly often...). I don't really see how this is a "battle of the sexes" issue. That may be the most vicious thing I've ever done in my life, I know.
    On some level though, I really did like him. We dated for a few months and I thought I could get past the hurt and anger, but I couldn't, so in the end, the evil succubus heartbreak thing happened.

The lesson here is don't be a d*ck. :flowerforyou: (And yes, I realize that's true for me too, I did gain all the weight back, because I did it for the wrong reasons.)
    Was he a **** or did you do it because he said that one comment?
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    I was exercising with an old girlfriend of mine, and we were talking about her sister that just had a baby. She said "She gained so much weight, oh my god, she's bigger than you".

Years ago, I was shopping with a skinny friend, we were both getting new party outfits. I couldn't fit in anything at the stores she was shopping at, so I reluctantly walked in to Lane Bryant. She knew I hated shopping in the "big girl store" and tried to make me feel better by being REALLY excited about the clothes there. She kept saying "It's all so cute and trendy, I love it! I just wish I could fit in something here!". I seriously wanted to smack her. I don't think I ever went shopping with any friend, again!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My brother used to always call me big 'un as a jab. We've always kidded around, but that always got under my skin. Now, he's the beer guzzling fat *kitten* and I'm shaking my size 6 *kitten* in his face. :devil:

Understand that I only call him a fat *kitten* because he deserves it, lol. :wink:

I still love him, lol. :smile:
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    My dad use to call me BB- for big butt.

How can a parent be so cruel? If my dad pulled this crap, he'd get an earful.
  • ImSoPerfectlyFlawed
    Options
    It's not the worst by a long shot I'm sure, but I get this one a lot

"You used to be so skinny"

It stings every time I hear it
  • JeanHaynes
    JeanHaynes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have several...

I was told by a coworker once that I dressed really well for a fat girl. Also have been told that I was really pretty for a fat girl.

My mother is the worst.

Just recently she said that one of my other sister's was the prettiest of all her children and when another sister was visiting who is a size 2, my mom proceeded to say to her "You are so skinny. At least some one in the family is."

She also gave me as a birthday gift a book titled "The Fat Girls' Guide to Life" and thought a nice comment was to let me know that if you are fat, your wrinkles aren't as noticeable.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    "Why the hell would I go out with someone that might smother me with her stomach?"-a guy I liked at the time.

I would've punched him in the face. Dont' mean to get violent there lol, but that's kinda crossing the line. What a Jerk!