A CHALLENGE FOR BINGERS

Options

Replies

• clairegl
    Options
    Um, yeah, it's back to day 1 for me as well. I jumped off of the wagon last night. Bad. I still went to the gym and burned a ton of calories, but I ate treats at the movies (within my caloric allotment) but on the way home I was legitimately hungry and then made some very poor choices. Oh well, I'm not going to beat myself up over it, I'm going to just accept it and move on. Friday is usually my "cheat" day anyway so...
    :frown:
    I'm still going to the gym today as well.
    Good luck to all those who started over and to those who've stayed on course as well.
  • vegasmellie
    vegasmellie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    thanks for starting this thread. it kept me from binging last night! :drinker:
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    Day two binge free- feeling great. Went mtn biking and burned a lot of calories and could have used that as an excuse to binge but I didnt! I am really proud of myself for not binging and for mtn biking- it was incredible!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Hang in there!
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    I'm at the end of day 5! Saturday was my biggest fear, and I made it through without totally blowing my diet. :tongue:
  • punka274
    Options
    Day 9 for me! I did go over a little yesterday but it ok,i dont consider it a binge so on with the challenge!

good luck to everybody thats new and old:wink:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Day 9 for me! I did go over a little yesterday but it ok,i dont consider it a binge so on with the challenge!

Day 9??? That is great!!!! I hope I can last that long...:grumble: I survived yesterday so this is the start of day 2. My husband put in the oven some of those jumbo flaky biscuits with tons of calories, fat and sodium. I can eat 3 or 4 of those but only had one with 2 slices of bacon and one egg...so far so good. I did my workout already plus I am going to sea world with my son. I will be packing snacks so I dont eat junk food there. So it doesnt look too bad for me so far...gosh this is tough!!! :flowerforyou:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm calling this good practice for the holidays in a couple of months. Back to day 1 for me today. I've been so stressed and this is the first time it's really gotten to me but I have to find a way around it.

Day 1. And a new strategy.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 9 for me of not binging! More to follow later -- I made some bad choices yesterday (hot dog and beer at a football game) but it wasn't out of control and I had worked out so hard that I ended up under my calories. I feel good about it so I'm not counting it as a binge even though it certainly wasn't an ideal dinner!

Congrats to everyone who is sticking with it!
  • punka274
    Options

Day 9??? That is great!!!! I hope I can last that long...:grumble: I survived yesterday so this is the start of day 2. My husband put in the oven some of those jumbo flaky biscuits with tons of calories, fat and sodium. I can eat 3 or 4 of those but only had one with 2 slices of bacon and one egg...so far so good. I did my workout already plus I am going to sea world with my son. I will be packing snacks so I dont eat junk food there. So it doesnt look too bad for me so far...gosh this is tough!!! :flowerforyou:

Good luck with day two and have fun at sea world...sounds fun! this is tough but we can do it:wink:

Wonderinglight-i had some pizza yesterday and like you workout really hard so I was satisfied with the day! Gotta love those intense workouts and the calories they burn:bigsmile:

pedalhound- Good luck with day one! I understand having to deal with everything....stress is the first thing that gets my diet out of whack!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Ok, end of day 2 round 2 and I am under by 17 cals!!!! Not eating anymore today. I survived my outing to Sea World. I just ate the snacks I brought from home which is just 4 miles away from the park. See you tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • food_junkie
    Options
    I am determined to make this week a good one. Needless to say, this past weekend SUCKED. You guys rock, keep up the good work!
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Okay, I bombed big time this weekend. Three days of starting over. Tomorrow is another Day 1!
  • dancer33
    dancer33 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Since all of you have been so honest with your "re-starts", I need to confess I had to start over at day 1 today :ohwell: I went out again last night, and unlike Friday, a granola bar just didn't cut it at the end of the night:grumble: I don't think I got to a point in my calories that I would consider "binging" but I guess it was really hard to tell, because I was dancing/cheering during an entire football game and running around a LOT. Then danced the night away later on, so I burned a lot then too! It was just so hard to calculate where exactly I was at calorie-wise, but I definitely could have made some better choices, so I decided to start over today! Plus, (being the glass half full person that I am haha) I'm hoping that going over by quite a bit in calories yesterday jump starts my metabolism for the rest of the week and I end up seeing better results anyway!? I don't know, maybe I'm just telling myself that:smile: Anyway, have a good start to your week everyone!
  • MommyW
    Options
    I am in......
    I am glad to hear that someone else out there gets it..... I have about 8 pounds to lose. I am thinking of food all the time.
    sw 128
    cw 128
    gw 120
    1 day...
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Wrapping up Day 9 -- I thought about starting over at Day 1 because I'm over my calories by 200 today, and that combined with yesterday's debaucherous behavior (whiskey, hot dogs, etc.) is making me feel a bit disappointed in myself. HOWEVER, I didn't go over calories yesterday and I worked out to counteract the hot dog splurge, and I don't feel out of control and ashamed (which is how I usually feel during/ after a binge), so I'm going to keep on going and I know I'll make it to the mini 10 day challenge tomorrow.

I really appreciate this thread, and applaud everybody for being honest. It's just a good environment to make those positive changes that we can all make!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Well, since the first 10 day challenge ends tomorrow, and since so many of us are in need of a new day 1, who's in for starting a new 10 day mini challenge tomorrow???

Let's do it! We can, we WILL :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Jackiemal
    Jackiemal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Well, since the first 10 day challenge ends tomorrow, and since so many of us are in need of a new day 1, who's in for starting a new 10 day mini challenge tomorrow???

Let's do it! We can, we WILL :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I'm in since I'm at day 1 again. :cry:

Potato chips were created by the devil! :smile:

Jackie

89924.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

'How does one become a butterfly?, she asked. 'You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.'
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Thanks a TON for this post!!!! I am sooo in!! My biggest setback as well is binging!!!! I go 3-4 days GREAT then it's like melt down!!!! The last month i have been awful and have GAINED nearly 10 lbs.....its so easy to put on!!! So i am definately in..thanks again for the great challenge!
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    I started the challenge late so yesturday was day 6 for me. I made it through the weekend without blowing it! Woohoo!!
  • punka274
    Options
    Day ten for me! Yay...i KNEW i could do it....no i have to keep going....and going:wink:

congrats to everybody still hanging in there...come on peope, we CAN do this:happy:

I got my workout over with this morning! I did a run interval,upperbody workout then finished with some abb work! Im glad its over!