A CHALLENGE FOR BINGERS

Options

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me, and day 1 of the new mini 10 day challenge! Huge congrats to those of you who have completed the first 10 days!! Join the next and keep that ball rolling!!!
  • mamakitty
    Options
    Day 1.

Workout already.

MK
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 10 -- tomorrow will be Day 1 again for me!

Yay! Just worked out for 2.5 hours and burned 750 calories...and met a cute cute CUTE doctor at the gym (hence the looooong workout). My abs are going to be killing me tomorrow since I kept on doing crunches next to him on the mat. Talk about inspiration!

I feel awesome!!!!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Back to day 1 for me tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grumble: :grumble: :laugh: My husband is off on Monday's so we usually go out to eat for lunch. Have you guys been to Houlihans??? It was our first time there and I had not had my mid morning snack so I was starving...I went overboard. I am just estimating today but from my estimation I went over by 600 cals!!! But it was sooooo good...:laugh: I had a very light dinner, done for today...I know I can do this, is that "life" gets in the way :tongue: Talk to you tomorrow!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    I'm nearing the end of my 7th day. This has been a great inspiration for me to stay on track. Last night I almost blew it, but I thought about this thread and mellowed out. I had a low fat pudding snack, waited about 5 minutes, had another, then started munching on carmel flavored rice cakes! I was within my calories, but started feeling like I was out of control. Somehow I reigned it in before I blew it completely.
  • msblondy16
    Options
    So this is rather new to me. I just joined this site because I really would like to lose weight. I am a person who is always always always working out and eating healthy, until I get lonely or depressed or stressed and then I just eat like I will never have a chance to eat again. I just moved to a new country and am totally on my own thousands of miles away from familiarity so I eat to comfort myself when I am lonely and stressed. And I am living near family that I did not see very often before (grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.) who stuff me with food every chance they get. I live in Sweden, the land of meatballs, bullar, and chocolate balls and find it very difficult to not binge on those things, especially when I miss my friends or my boyfriend. Thank you all for being so inspiring. I hope that this site will finally help me lose my last pounds once and for all! Have a good day :flowerforyou:
  • punka274
    Options
    So this is rather new to me. I just joined this site because I really would like to lose weight. I am a person who is always always always working out and eating healthy, until I get lonely or depressed or stressed and then I just eat like I will never have a chance to eat again. I just moved to a new country and am totally on my own thousands of miles away from familiarity so I eat to comfort myself when I am lonely and stressed. And I am living near family that I did not see very often before (grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc.) who stuff me with food every chance they get. I live in Sweden, the land of meatballs, bullar, and chocolate balls and find it very difficult to not binge on those things, especially when I miss my friends or my boyfriend. Thank you all for being so inspiring. I hope that this site will finally help me lose my last pounds once and for all! Have a good day :flowerforyou:

I just wanted to send a hug your way....and wish you luck with your healthy eating! I know its tough...but you can do it! after all,your worth it...right! Tell yourself you can have those meatballs,bullrs and chocolate balls in moderation....but first thing is first, make yourself happy,then the food will come later! Thats what i tell myself,LOL there are chocolate cupcakes in the frigde as i type but im ignoring them:happy: i allow myself a cheat meal on saturday and if i want something ive been craving....i eat it then! Best of luck to ya:flowerforyou:

so,this is day 11 on my challenge....are we suppose to start over on day 11? LOL

I will do a hour cardio today,run interval in the a.m then a dogwalk in the p.m!

How is everybody doing?
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    I'm nearing the end of my 7th day. This has been a great inspiration for me to stay on track. Last night I almost blew it, but I thought about this thread and mellowed out. I had a low fat pudding snack, waited about 5 minutes, had another, then started munching on carmel flavored rice cakes! I was within my calories, but started feeling like I was out of control. Somehow I reigned it in before I blew it completely.

GREAT job, Sara! For me, it's not about what it is that I'm eating, it's the FEELING that I'm out of control. Even if I'm binging on grapes and rice cakes, if it feels like it's out of control then I'm going to count it as a binge. Last night I kept on eating when I wasn't even hungry, so I'm not able to count my Day 10 as a binge-free day.

I'm starting over at Day 1 today, still feeling good about making good choices for 9 days in a row.
  • mamakitty
    Options
    Day 2!
    I also want to gain self control. I feel I am getting better. Decreasing the amount of alcohol has helped. My goal for this week is to only dring alcohol once. Usually I have some on Friday and Saturday. It makes me retain water so bad, so it feels like I have made no progress (as far as the scale is concerned). But I know I am slowly getting more fit.
    When I lost 15 pounds 3 years ago. It took me 1 year. I thought I was making no progress. I was so frustrated for so long. But I keep pressing on. Making mistakes here and there, but always getting back on the wagon. Then all of a sudden it dropped off. I am hoping that will happen this time too. Just not take so long.
    Have a binge free day.

MK
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Today is day 2, yesterday i kept thinking how i wanted to get on and say one day down, it totally helped!!! So day one complete...on to day 2! Keeping this challenge in the back of my mind is the best thing for me!
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    I was REALLY hungry all day yesterday and kind of disillusioned at work which is a bad combo. I tried to eat really healthy and avoided binging but it was hard. On days that I am really hungry I just keep thinking my body need nutrients- healthy food- veggies and protein and if that doesnt satisfy it then it is a craving not hunger. Then I have to know what I want to do with that craving.
    Last night after a big salad with tuna- I made myself a chai at home with almond milk and Stevia and that took the edge off the craving!
    So far so good today!

Keeping myself fed and healthy things in the house and work are key for me- also lots of water. Right now i am a fan of sparking flavored seltzer.
    Staying away from chips and crackers is key for me as well. It feels good not to deal with the guilt or physcial feelings of a binge- ugh- the bloat is so yucky!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I think I'm going to join this. Today will be day one for me!!! I'm going to use this to count the days that I don't have sweets!! Love it!
  • sarakenna1
    Options

Wow, that must be sooo hard! My brother in law just returned from visiting his family in Sweden and he told me that everywhere he went (visiting uncles and great aunts and whatnot) they offered him cookies and cakes and cheese and other snacks and acted like it was the end of the world if he didn't accept. Yikes. Sounds like a major diet buster. Being in a foreign place puts a lot of stress on a person. Its understandable that you want to eat (plus, their food is awsome!) Still, if it gets to the point where you eat more then your body needs and you just keep going, then... its good that you found us!This thread is about overcoming that urge. It has helped me because usually I bindge in solitude, but this thread holds me accountable.
  • sarakenna1
    Options

GREAT job, Sara! For me, it's not about what it is that I'm eating, it's the FEELING that I'm out of control. Even if I'm binging on grapes and rice cakes, if it feels like it's out of control then I'm going to count it as a binge. Last night I kept on eating when I wasn't even hungry, so I'm not able to count my Day 10 as a binge-free day.

I'm starting over at Day 1 today, still feeling good about making good choices for 9 days in a row.

Yeah, that is totally what happened. I started feeling like I was out of control. Honestly, while it was happening I thought about your definition of bindging and it helped me to come to my senses. Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    Yep- I agree it is about the feeling- not necessarliy what you are eating. I am a big believer in trying to stop and take a minute to write down what you are feeling and then decide if you want to eat anyway.

I am also a therapist so I tend to look at things from that perspective as well so you'll have to forgive that and take it all with a grain of salt!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Day 2 of mini 10 day challenge #2

Welcome to the newcomers - you can do this!! :bigsmile:
  • mamakitty
    Options
    I WANT MORE CHOCOLATE.

I am writing to combat the urge to binge on chocolate. I allowed myself 1 piece of dark chocolate and a little bit of peanutbutter to satisfy my post meal sweet tooth. Now I just want more.

I can do it. I can do it. It is not worth it. I have self control.
    Well, I feel better now. I am going to go make myself busy.

MK
  • wanderinglight
    Options
    I WANT MORE CHOCOLATE.

I am writing to combat the urge to binge on chocolate. I allowed myself 1 piece of dark chocolate and a little bit of peanutbutter to satisfy my post meal sweet tooth. Now I just want more.

I can do it. I can do it. It is not worth it. I have self control.
    Well, I feel better now. I am going to go make myself busy.

MK

You can do it, Mama! Just make the decision that you won't have any more. Then every time your mind starts thinking about that chocolate, just say to yourself "I already made that decision." Tomorrow you can have some more again -- it's not going anywhere!

I'm going to try to try to apply this same line of thinking to eating too much late at night.
  • PedalHound
    Options
    You can defeat the urge for more chocolate!!! I try to remind myself that I just had some and wasn't it a lovely taste indeed. ..rather than thinking 'that was good, I need MORE!' That's tough but we're here for you :flowerforyou:
  • mamakitty
    Options
    I am almost done with work and have lost the urge for the chocolate! Thanks for your support. I love MFP.
    MK