Girl Scout Cookie Support Group!

Options
It's the worst time of year: motivations are on the decline as January ends, and now there are girl scout cookies in my house this time of year, and undoubtedly in many of yours as well. I thought we should start a support group so we don't eat an entire box in one day (or any cookies, if we can help it!)

So maybe we could talk about all of the cons of girl scout cookies so they sound unappetizing, and also just help keep each other strong through our weight loss journeys in general during this girl scout cookie season.

Here's a start:
- They kind of leave a waxy texture in your mouth
- TUMMY ACHES

Replies

• tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    LOL.....I only ordered 3 boxes this year. This is way down from previous years.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    -it's not right to buy cookies from child slave labour...
  • sarasotatim
    Options

LOL
  • lenaxox
    Options
    i opened my lemon ones, and thought ill put them in the freezer so ill forget about them...well i didnt store them in an air tight thing and when i ate a few days later it had that freezer taste too it...blech. so i threw them out.......but it didnt stop me from the frozen thin mints...hee hee...
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I only ordered one box of thin mints vs 5 in previous years. So I have one day of eating cookies because I already know I can do a roll in one setting. Thank GOD they are smaller and less cookies now days! LOL Don't want support just want them GONE!!!!!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I stopped buying them a few years ago. On the one hand, it's hard to say no to the girls. On the other hand, they are outrageously priced. I guess I'm on the "CHEAP guy" diet.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    My daughter is in girl scouts...we started delivering on Saturday and I'll have an ample supply until March 20th I told my husband they are staying in my trunk because I don't want them to be so easy to get too. :laugh:
  • embym
    embym Posts: 65
    Options
    lol I was a girl scout when I was a kid and although it sucked to have to sell cookies in the cold entryways of stores, it was actually fun and it did end up benefiting our troop. Plus they gave us awesome prizes and stuff. It's definitely still a good thing to support the girl scouts, it's just that cookies aren't necessarily the healthiest way to do this... :)
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    lol I was a girl scout when I was a kid and although it sucked to have to sell cookies in the cold entryways of stores, it was actually fun and it did end up benefiting our troop. Plus they gave us awesome prizes and stuff. It's definitely still a good thing to support the girl scouts, it's just that cookies aren't necessarily the healthiest way to do this... :)

That's why it's hard to say no.
  • TanyaH321
    TanyaH321 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think I this group too. My husband ordered 6 boxes from someone he works with. I'm doomed! It's all my favorites too. Especially the Samoas. Those are my all time faves! I did find that the Fiber Plus bars new flavor, Caramel Coconut Fudge is pretty close to the Samoas. So, maybe I can eat those when I get a hankering for the real ones.
  • tammydspice
    Options
    -the choc ones(in Canada) get stuck in your teeth and after you eat them it looks like you have a mouth full of rotten teeth!!
    -the mint cookies give you heart burn even after just one (well, me they do)
    -the Vanilla ones are always left after the choc ones and they get stale and soft and yucky.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I purchased some for my kids, but I won't eat any! I no longer have cravings for junk food.
  • embym
    Options
    I think I this group too. My husband ordered 6 boxes from someone he works with. I'm doomed! It's all my favorites too. Especially the Samoas. Those are my all time faves! I did find that the Fiber Plus bars new flavor, Caramel Coconut Fudge is pretty close to the Samoas. So, maybe I can eat those when I get a hankering for the real ones.

Samoas are my favorite too! I'll have to try the fiber plus bars.

A bad thing about samoas is that they give me a stomach ache.
  • sldsld
    sldsld Posts: 13
    Options
    I recently asked someone why Girl Scouts sell their cookies during the begining of the new year, just after people have made committments:noway: to themselves. Why don't they reschedule it to predate the holiday season???? (lol)
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options

maybe Im just bitter because I never won the bike *grumbles* lol (it was always the rich girls that one, stupid pretty,rich,skinny girls..) lol
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    this year i had no little girls ask me to buy cookies! its hard to say no to the children.. but their parents who are doing a weight loss thing with me? yeah... i can say no thanks to them.. and i did! i was asked a few times by moms at my work who were selling for their kids. we are all doing this "biggest loser" challenge together so it was easy to decline and have a good reason! plus, i didnt really want to spend the money since i'm saving money for a wedding and a trip to disney world. every penny counts and those cookies are getting awfully expensive!
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I agreed to buy 5 boxes of these back in December before I got back to eating well and started MFP. When they came in, I ate a few (and sometimes more than a few) every day. They lasted about a week in my house before I had to give them all away!
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    Options

LOL
  • embym
    Options

maybe Im just bitter because I never won the bike *grumbles* lol (it was always the rich girls that one, stupid pretty,rich,skinny girls..) lol

haha yeah I never heard of anyone getting to the bike! The best prizes I got were a couple giant stuffed animals, which I thought was pretty cool at the time. I worked hard for those things lol
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My dughter is a Brownie and I had to buy some to support her! But I mostly got the PB ones, which my husband likes and I don't. Okay, okay, and a box of Thin Mints for me. :D