Living near famous people

Options
13»

Replies

• kettlewitch
    kettlewitch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I live in Hampshire England a couple of miles away from where Boris Karloff lived. The house is along a country lane in the middle of a cross roads and is coffin shaped. I want that house! Simon cowell has a place just down the road too
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    When I lived in San Francisco I used to ride my bike by Robin Williams' house. Would occasionally see him out in his yard.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I live in So Cal. Everyone famous lives here it seems LOL

When was a ababy my mom ran into Henry Winkler (The Fonz) at the post office. She asked him for an autograph and all she had to write upon was a picture of me. So he wrote on the back of the picture: Dear Jamie, I hope you have a nice life. Love, Henry Winkler. This cracks me up!

That is soooooooo adorable of him!!! What a great story :)
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    There's a few soap 'stars' (Corrie and Emmerdale) living in and around my town, they even shop where I work. Trouble is I don't watch soaps so I never recognise them!:laugh:
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I live near the author Stephen King. See him and/or his wife Tabitha around town every so often.

So jealous, my favorite authour - would definitely try to get an autograph.
    Live in NYC so see famous people every once in a while: Brittany Spears, Jennifer Garner. My hubby used to drive for a limo company and he drove Harry Belafonte and Tyra Banks. HB was very nice - Tyra did not speak to him & no tip.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I used to live near Terry "hulk" hogan, I ment him like twice when I was five lol

um I dont think anyone famous lives in altamonte springs,fl...but orlando is close, does anyone famous live there?
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My niece goes to Vincent Karthieser's mom's daycare. He plays Pete Campbell on Mad Men.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I dunno. I'm in Los Angeles. lol. There's a ton of them about.
  • Harshberger24
    Options
    Troy Palamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers co-owns a pizza shoppe up here and stops through every now and then. Thats about as famous as it gets out here!

SO AWESOME! WE LOVE US SOME TROY!! GO STEELERS!
  • iheartdc2008
    Options
    which kids did you see?
  • IzLuMomma
    IzLuMomma Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ted Nugent isnt far from me and then Brandon Inge has a place probably 30 mins. from me. But if you head to Detroit-LOOK OUT, there's lots of people!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Ted Nugent isnt far from me and then Brandon Inge has a place probably 30 mins. from me. But if you head to Detroit-LOOK OUT, there's lots of people!

This is true! Kid Rock is always in Clarkston at the bars and there are many Pistons sprinkled around me! Chauncey still has a house across from my friend! The ONE PERSON I DREAM to bump into is Marshall Mathers =) I am his #1 fan lol
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I grew up and went to school(Nazareth, PA) with Michael Andretti, had Geometry class with him, we had mutual friends and I got to go to his house a couple times. I bagged Mrs. Andretti's groceries and helped her to load the car monthly. Mario came in to the local pubs with the fam after coming home from races. Very down to earth people.

I once had papers to serve to Larry Holmes when he was the Heavyweight Champ ..... it was regarding playing music in one of his clubs and not paying royalties. I never could serve them b/c it had to be done in person and you don't get to be face to face with a person like that.

Now I live in FL and George Steinbrenner's horse farm is across town. Rest In Peace, George.
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    I live a several blocks from Rocky Blier, the former Pittsburgh Steelers running back. Years ago, I lived around the corner from Franco Harris, another former Steeler's running back.
  • billdo68
    billdo68 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I Frequently see many Green Bay Packers around town. Greg Jennings liked to shop where at the store where I work on monday mornings during the season. I have also seen Superbowl MVP Aaron Rodgers and various restaurants/ drinking establishments around town.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Martina Navratilova- tennis player

Brian Johnson- ACDC

Jerry Springer

live in the same city as me!
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My hubby works for Madonnas Dad, along side her brother, at his vineyard & winery, I cut her step-moms hair. Michael Moore has a bit to do with the Traverse City community. Tim Allen has a house here, Bruce Willis and Demis children went to school here. Supposedly ppl come in on their Yachts and hang out in the Bay in the summer. Ted Nugent is around the corner too. There are more but I can't remember right now.
  • IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    Jim Davis, the Garfield cartoonist, lived about 2 miles from me and I saw him quite often. He even hired me one time to play music for his staff Christmas party. Super, super nice guy.

Although John Mellencamp doesn't LIVE in Indy, he's here very often and I've run into him a couple of times. First time I met him I was SHOCKED....he's really short!