BBW/BHM Challenge FIRST MINI CHALLENGE!

Options
2»

Replies

• bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    There was a challenge on another threads about burning 3500 calories in a week? Then it'd be a competition AND beneficial to our weight loss efforts?

I like the idea of having challenges that are attainable and beneficial to everyone. With a burning 3500 calories in a week challenge everyone has a chance to be a winner (side note: that kills me to say this as I am very competitive and love to win lol). Maybe even incorporate a challege for everyone to suggest a new exercise and post. Or come up with a unique way to do something that may be dull and boring for them. Or things not fitness related to keep the group having fun.... today i saw a thread about topics you wouldnt want to see posted on MFP.... I laughed so hard my ribs hurt. Or what team can do the most squats in a week, lunges , drink the most water....idk anybody have any positive suggestions??
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    OOooooh, that would be a good one .... shall we make that next weeks challenge? But I still think we should do it in our teams ... so your team has to burn 7000kcal!!!??? Man that really will be a challenge!
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure where Texas has got to - hope everything is ok with her....

Shall we sick with our original teams that we were put into and start the challenge tomorrow? so by next wenesday 16th Feb the challenge is for teams to burn 7000 calories between them - 3500 calories each...

All who are up for it say Yeah!
  • Hannastyrbjorn
    Options
    Yeah!!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Yeah

Come on team mate contact me. Or maybe I will just aim for 3500 on my own, if my team mate is unable to join in.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    Oh that is a challenge just worked out that is about twice to what I am doing now.
  • chiliflea
    Options
    Yeah

Come on team mate contact me. Or maybe I will just aim for 3500 on my own, if my team mate is unable to join in.

Brilliant.... Welcome aboard!
  • chiliflea
    Options
    Oh that is a challenge just worked out that is about twice to what I am doing now.

Lol I just realised that too! 500 cals burned a day! We can do it!
  • VezNo1
    VezNo1 Posts: 83
    Options

Shall we sick with our original teams that we were put into and start the challenge tomorrow? so by next wenesday 16th Feb the challenge is for teams to burn 7000 calories between them - 3500 calories each...

Yes count me in, good idea and I just brought a heart rate monitor this weekend (although that won't do me any favors in this challenge as MFP over estimates) so I get to use it!!! I'll email Joe to see if she's in.
    @Jelly fish Jen join us if you've no partner we'll up it to 10500!!!!!!
  • joemo82
    joemo82 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in yeah baby :) 500 cals a day.... I will do it in my sleep! lol bring it on :)
  • chiliflea
    Options
    you ladies are great! Bring on tomorrow! And don't forget your weigh ins!

Does anyone know how to do a chart or something for the weigh in? I don't want to tread on Texas's toes or anything but she hasn't replied to any posts or owt and it would be a shame if all our work was for nothing after the second week!
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Argh, I have not been able to work on this challenge because we have no internet! I'm at Borders now, but still internet-less at home. I apologize to my partner for being unable to do this challenge :(
  • rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I have burnt 667 kcal today, did 18km bike ride followed by a 1km run. I'm training for another mini triathlon in 3 weeks time.

I'm a bit concerned about my challenge buddy Dainj, as she's in Cairo, and the situation there isn't looking too great ... Are you there Dainj??
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    I really pushed myself today and I burnt 709 calories. WOW. pretty sore though and tired. I hope I can do just as well tomorrow. Although I did eat extra today. But with my birthday coming up next week just really trying to push it that bit extra. Would love a great birthday weigh in.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    I really pushed myself today and I burnt 709 calories. WOW. pretty sore though and tired. I hope I can do just as well tomorrow. Although I did eat extra today. But with my birthday coming up next week just really trying to push it that bit extra. Would love a great birthday weigh in.
    Also I think my team mate is on holidays, so maybe she will be back with me soon.
    And double also, OMG my arms are killing me, could be the Jillian Michael, push ups, the scrubbing of the bathroom, or playing Darts tonight. There was no pain when i was a couch potato.
  • jellyfishjen
    Options

Yes count me in, good idea and I just brought a heart rate monitor this weekend (although that won't do me any favors in this challenge as MFP over estimates) so I get to use it!!! I'll email Joe to see if she's in.
    @Jelly fish Jen join us if you've no partner we'll up it to 10500!!!!!!

Thank You for the offer to join up with you. I think that my team mate may have gone on holidays. I did really well yesterday, may have tried to hard. 709 calories. I have woken today (thursday) very tired and lack lustre. But reading MFP has given me the push I needed and will at least start the day with my Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred workout. I am on day 5 hoping to do 30 days straight.
  • chiliflea
    Options
    how's everyone going?? half way through-ish...
  • chiliflea
    Options