Help! I need Quick Dinner ideas and under 400 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• roebuck1908
    Options
    What I ment was every thing you US of A people use is from a can or packet ?
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    What I ment was every thing you US of A people use is from a can or packet ?

The request was for something to prepare quickly and people offered "suggestions". Just because the suggestions use some pre-prepared items doesnt' mean that's the only way we, in the USA, cook.
    There isn't always time to wash/peel/slice/dice fresh items-- bottom line, it's better than unhealthy fast food.
  • Curvyboom
    Options
    I buy fresh produce, meat, and fish pretty much everyday. But I'm in San Francisco and it's easy to get anything I want. Guess that's part of why property costs so freakin' much here! =)
  • swim018
    Options
    Sorry we don't all eat raw tomatoes for every meal, as I see that was your healthy dinner suggestion.
  • AngieRevised
    Options
    Bump!
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    meoow
  • Bubbas12
    Bubbas12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You should check out the slow cooker recipe thread. most of the stuff you can put it all in the crock pot the day before, then plug it in in the morning, let it cook all day, and it's done when you get home. The most time you'll probably spend putting it together is 30 minutes, and most recipes don't even require that!
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza! You really can't tell that the crust is made from cauliflower. There are recipes on here, with pics, but, here is the recipe:

1 cup cauliflower, riced (I use frozen caul. and cook in the microwave and just put it in my mini food processer until it's fine)
    1 egg (I am using eggbeaters tonight to see how it works, for lower cals)
    1 Cup shredded mozzerella
    Spices (fennel, oregano, garlic powder, thyme, whatever you have on hand)

Combine all but spices, spread out on a cookie sheet (I line with parchment paper), you can also use round pizza pan. Top with spices, bake. My oven cooks cool, so you will probably have to adjust times/temps. But, MY oven I cook @ 425 for 15-20 min.

I usually top with turkey pepperoni, pizza sauce and mozzerella. 1/4 of the pizza is about 250-300 calories. Depending on how much of everything you use. Hope this helps!
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I want to bump this so I can add a yummy recipe, and copy down some more! Cheeseburger soup
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I want to bump this so I can add a yummy recipe, and copy down some more! Cheeseburger soup

Ok Cheeseburger soup 272 Calories 26 Carbs 13 Fat 623 Sodium 6 sugar... serves about 8 or more!

Ingredients:

1/2 pound ground beef

3/4 cup chopped onion (only if you wish)

3/4 shredded carrots

3/4 diced celery

1 teaspoon dried basil

1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

4 tablespoons butter, divided

3 cups chicken broth

4 cups diced peeled potatoes (1 3/4 pounds)

1/4 cup all purpose flour

2 cups Velveeta cheese

1 1/2 cup milk

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/4 cup sour cream

1: Brown beef

2: Saute onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter

3: add broth, potatoes and beef, bring to boil

4: reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender ( i usually cook potatoes separately, then add to crock pot) unless I let cook all day!

5: in small skillet melt remaining butter add flour and cook until bubbly then add to soup, bring to boil

6: reduce heat to low. Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper. cook and stir till cheese melted

7: remove from heat blend in sour cream

Makes 8 servings... seems like more to me :)
  • yyzdnl
    yyzdnl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yummy, dracobaby82 sure knows how to cook.

Think I will try by browning the beef and throwing it all in crock pot.