Does anyone eat the laughing cow cheese wedges?

Options

Replies

• shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Go to www.laughingcow.com for ideas
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to search for these wedges. The ideas for its uses are endless I see. And I Loooooooove Cheese!
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I use the Sonoma Jacks brand. It is only 25 calories a wedge. I like to put the pepper jack one on my baked potato instead of butter or sour cream
  • threeonetwo
    Options
    Add them to eggs or egg whites, pasta or whole grains as an alfredo substitute. Here are a couple of simple week-night recipes to get you started:

Mushroom & Swiss Chard Frittata

1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (your choice)
    4 cups chopped swiss chard, stems removed
    6 egg whites (or enough to cover veg)
    1/2 onion or 1 med to large shallot, sliced
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    3 Laughing Cow wedges

Heat your broiler.

In a bowl mix egg whites with 1/2 tsp salt and pepper.

In an oven-proof non-stick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Sautee onions and mushrooms until mushrooms shrivel and onions turn translucent (~5-7 mins). Add chard in 3 batches, covering until wilted between each addition. Season with salt and pepper.

Add egg whites (veg will still be visible at the top). Cover and cook until egg whites are almost completely set, but still runny in the center. Break up Laughing Cow wedges over the top of the frittata and put in the oven for ~3 minutes until eggs are set.

Cut into 4 wedges and enjoy! Yields 4 servings

Orzo with Shrimp, Broccoli, and Laughing Cow Wedges
    (This also works well with wild rice instead of orzo and chicken breasts instead of shrimp.)

Barilla Orzo
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    8 large shrimp, tails removed and chopped
    1 medium shallot, chopped OR 1 garlic clove chopped
    1 small bag of frozen broccoli WITHOUT sauce, steamed in the microwave
    3 Laughing Cow Wedges
    1 splash of sherry or white wine
    1 pinch of fresh or dried thyme
    salt and pepper to taste

Prepare 1 serving of orzo as directed on box, strain and set aside. In a skillet over medium heat sautee shrimp until almost cooked (shrimp will be almost completely opaque). Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.

Add shallot or garlic, sautee until softened. Add cooked broccoli and toss to combine. Splash sherry in pan and scrape brown bits from the bottom. (If you need more moisture use chicken broth.)

Add orzo and shrimp to the pan, stirring gently to combine. Add cheese wedges and thyme stir until cheese melts. Taste and season to your preference. Yields 2-3 large servings.

Bon appetit!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Love laughing cow!

On an apple, over steamed veggies, there's an alfredo sauce recipe out there using them, spread on an english muffin with some turkey and broil, mix with a can of tuna..........
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    So I bought some laughing cow cheese wedges. Its the new chiptole flavor and the wedges are onkly 35 calories each. But after I bought it, I couldn't think of what to do with it. Do you spread it on crackers, eat it with wheat thins like a dip. I don't have a clue. Any suggestions on how you eat it would be greatly appreciated!

i justttt bought those! i dont know how i feel about them though. How soft are the ones you got? I feel like mine are really soft and i dont know if there supposed to be
  • KelleyKay
    Options
    They are great to stuff in the mini peppers you can get at Costco. (they come in a bag, and have red, orange and green mini peppers) The peppers are mild but flavorful, and usually one wedge will fill about 3-4 peppers. I love the laughing cow wedges and am excited to try the new light flavors. I think the chipolte will be wonderful in the peppers.
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I usually spread them on a wrap or sandwich or Wasa or brown rice crackers. I also like them on their own for a quick snack even though they are tiny! If you like eggs, try making an egg white omelet with one. Very tasty.
  • mikeveggie68
    Options
    cows that laugh... count me it lol

i actually have never tried it, but from everyones post, and the fact i skipped lunch has me really wanting to try some right about now.
  • shallo
    Options
    They are great to stuff in the mini peppers you can get at Costco. (they come in a bag, and have red, orange and green mini peppers) The peppers are mild but flavorful, and usually one wedge will fill about 3-4 peppers. I love the laughing cow wedges and am excited to try the new light flavors. I think the chipolte will be wonderful in the peppers.

This sounds really good. I will have to try it. Do you bake it or just eat them as is?
  • breannk
    Options
    I LOOOOOOVE the light swiss on cracked pepper triscuits! I have that for a snack ALLL the time! :D
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hungry GirlFredo......with Shirataki Alfredo noodles! My fave meal.
    Tastes unbelievably like Fettucine Alfredo...and only 40 calories for the entire bag.
    Hungry Girl cookbooks are filled with Laughing Cow recipes.
    :bigsmile:
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    i justttt bought those! i dont know how i feel about them though. How soft are the ones you got? I feel like mine are really soft and i dont know if there supposed to be

Mine are soft too! its my first time every buying laughing cow so I just thought that's how they're supposed to be!

Wow, I am so surprised about the number of responses I got in such a short period of time. I heard a lot of creative ideas. I can't wait to try it. Esp as an afternoon snack or crackers, apples, celery. I'd love to melt it down for a cheese sauce of veggies. It sounds yummy in eggs!

I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. thanks to everyone who responded. I really appreciate the feedback.
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Wow, and all this time I've only put it on crackers. So many awesome ideas I need to try. Thanks everyone!
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just bought some recently too, I got the Herb and garlic. So far I have just put it on some toufaya smart bagels (aka Thin bagels). Pretty tasty but I am not sure how often I will keep buy them... Just seems like alot of calories (even if 35) for such a small wedge that barely makes it all the way around one half of the bagel...
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    I put them on crackers or chop them up and put them in salads.
  • jazzhottie
    Options
    I just tried it on a homemade turkey burger patty .... I just spread it on the patty and YUM!
  • shallo
    Options
    I just bought some recently too, I got the Herb and garlic. So far I have just put it on some toufaya smart bagels (aka Thin bagels). Pretty tasty but I am not sure how often I will keep buy them... Just seems like alot of calories (even if 35) for such a small wedge that barely makes it all the way around one half of the bagel...
    How thick are you spreading it? I can use one on both halves of my bagel and have it be fairly thick. The brand I get is a tiny bit bigger than the Laughing Cow, but not enough to make that big of a difference.
  • chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just bought them for the first time. Was planning on eating them with celery. Looks like I got a lot more ideas from here. Looking forward to trying them.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I am thrilled with my invention: laughing cow egg salad:

one sandwich thin
    one hardboiled egg, one hardboiled egg white (i give my dog the 2nd yolk)
    one wedge of blue laughing cow

smash up the eggs with a fork, stir in the wedge of cheese. Insert the egg salad into the sandwich thin, (optional) sprinkle with a bit of black pepper.

This little sandwich is so yummy and satisfying, and it is only 233 calories. Compare that to the egg salad I used to make full of mayo...and it is Laughing Cow FTW

edited to say, I love blue cheese flavor, and this makes for a nice cobb salad thing, but if you don't, this works just as well with swiss or any other flavor of laughing cow.