C-SECTION MAMAS HOW WILL 'WE' DO THIS???

Options

Replies

• Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Both my kids were c sections (one in 2005 and one in 2007) I was told, as was most of my friends, that there is no way to get rid of the "c section apron" you get, unless you have a tummy tuck. I was told this by 2 obgyn's in 2 different states (MA and TN) They said I could do a million sit ups a day and it would never help that area without surgical intervention.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a C section, but I am a mother of 2 still battling the bulge in my lower ab area, even after losing over 20 lbs! So you "C-Sectioners" aren't alone!

I echo this. I had a natural birth but am still battling with toning my lower abdomen. The fat has finally come off but toning is another matter. I stand up = flat belly, I sit down = where the HELL did that roll of fat come from????

I should add that the way I lost the fat on my belly was through a hell of a lot of cardio! 1 hour 3-4 times per week. I always always have the treadmill at an incline 7.5 or above and go at speed 6.7-7 as this burns around 450 calories in 35 minutes (when treadmill is flat this is only around 150 cals or something). I then do 20 mins on Elliptical/X Trainer and some rowing on the hardest setting.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'm part of the C-Section Crew. I had two C-sections15 months apart. I have feeling in my lower abs so I'm hoping I can get my tummy tighter once I reach goal. We shall see.
  • cheechersmom
    Options
    I tried a class called AB Blast the other day and I thought I was going to die! the instructor even pointed out that for those Moms that had had C sections some exercises would be challenging, and that they were, but I'm sure that if I keep going I will see some resuIts. I could really feal it today!
    I wish you all the best with your VBAC - I tried to do one, but literally 2 days after my due date the head obstetrician said my BMI was to high and I was transfered to another hospital. The only way I could have tried to do it would have been at home with my midwives and I was too scared :o(
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    I have the c-section HANG, I think thats what these women are referring too over natural birth, not the pooch so much but the HANG that comes with being cut and sown and cut and sown, and cut and sown, it leaves this awful "Spare tire": as I like to call it, I would like to slim it down, I know there is a small chance, I ll even lose it all together, but I have hopes that I can slim it down with cardio ab works outs and a strict diet..... :) Good luck, I am a 3 time c-section mama, my most recent was 19 months ago... a trainer once told me , that if they cut the muscles, which I am sure they did, that there wasnt much I could do to repair the damage, just minimize the appearance of it all... I hope thats un true, and that one day I can get it to where I don't have the flap going on!!!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    It's possible! I don't have the hang or the pooch anymore. I've had one c-section and I did have that flap for a while. I just put up a pic in my profile of my 30 day p90x results. I've lost about 8 pounds since that pic was taken in December so I know it's possible. I also have a friend who is an elite marathoner and triathlete and she's had two c-sections. Trust me there is no pooch on that girl. It just takes time, eating right and hard work. I do still have a layer of fat over my abs, but I can feel them in there, every single one of them! The skin is taking some time to catch up, but it is totally shrinking. I know that nobody would notice except me the very slight, I don't even want to call it sag, I'll call it drift :laugh: in my skin.

I will have a six pack, oh, yes I will!
  • svgaedtke
    svgaedtke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    this is the worst part of my body. i've always had a little tummy there but it could be sucked in :laugh:

now it's horrible. i've had 2 c/s's and they were not exactly 'neat' with the first one. it left me w/ 2 cut lines - and as much as my 2nd ob tried to cut in the same place....it still looks bad.

couple this with the appearance that my skin hangs over the incision line....*sigh*.....not.pretty.at.all. :sick:

i want to believe i can get rid of that fat/skin. please nobody burst my bubble. :embarassed:
    I have the same situation... Except I had 3 more c-sections after the first.. My skin also hangs over my incision... :grumble:
  • dianam1973
    Options
    Hi, I'm a c-section mama too! Just had my 2nd c-section 6 months ago. The pooch does NOT have to stay with you forever....I'm living proof too. After my 1st baby (gained 50 lbs) I did ALOT of cardio to lose the fat, and once I slimmed down I started to weight train (working especially hard on my core). I got into a bikini again and looked damn good...lol!

I'm currently on my 2nd body transformation, and yes I have the pooch AGAIN, but not for long! It seems like this 2nd time around it's a bit harder but I'm not sure if that has to do with my age (I'm 37). I'm determined to lose it by summer....so wish me luck!

Oh, here's a pic of when I lost the pooch after my 1st baby

n1044704679_292900_8490.jpg
  • dianam1973
    Options
    ok yikes.....didn't mean to put it that big...lol! Sorry, this is the first time I post a pic in the threads...SO SORRY!!!
  • andrea2011ka
    andrea2011ka Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 surgeries as well not c-section but a hysterectomy and then in June they opened me back up again to take out ovaries. What worked wonderful for is Pilates . It can be pretty hard at first but it really works. It slimmed down my tummy a bunch! and took away the pooch.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I had a C-section about 9.5 years ago with my twins and adamantly had a VBAC (had to drive 45 minutes to have it - in labor and labored for 47.5 hours!) with my last one 3.5 years ago. It is the one place that I am ALWAYS feeling eh about. But, in the past year it has gone down considerably.

Overall, our bodies really are like onions and some places have layers that aren't as thick. This is one place that is and it will be one of the last to go. I have had a good friend of mine who I respect and look up to for fitness tell me that I will probably not be able to see my 6 pack until I hit a body fat % in the teens. And, I am ok with that. It's my goal to get to. I have dropped a lot of fat with P90X and now with ChaLEAN Extreme. They do work, because the muscle you are building is always helping to burn the calories in your body and the cardio and intervals burn a lot of calories as well.

As far as feeling your stomach goes. Well, I tried Hip Hop Abs and couldn't really understand the Tuck, Tilt, and Tighten because I don't have the feeling down there really. When I finally did the Learn and Burn workout in Turbo Jam, I understood how to do it and engage my core. Even if I can't feel it, I know that as long as my shoulders are back like they are against the wall and I tuck my hips under, that my core is being used.

Remember that your nutrition needs to be on point as well. That is as important as your workouts.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    My problem was that I was 50lbs overweight before getting pregnant, then gained 40lbs. Then I lost 70lbs (from highest pregnancy weight) in 15 months, and got pregnant again. Gained 60lbs, and now I'm down 70ish pounds again from that highest pregnancy weight. I have a flap, and the more weight I lose the more it looks like pizza dough...I'm wondering if there is there any elasticity left! It's been 2.5 years since the last c-section, and I've been at this weight for almost a year :/ I believe I am one that will have to have a tummy tuck if I ever want to get rid of it. I refuse to give up bread and pasta because, I could never give it up for life. Anyway, the hubbs is happy with my body, just need to make myself happy with it!

Oh yeah, and I'm 5'3"...I think it makes a difference if you have a short torso, because the only place the baby can go is out LOL
  • Becca619
    Becca619 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c sections. One in 2007 and the other this past October. Definitely working on trying to get the pooch down. Definitely there more after the second baby.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Holy crap!! I want to look that again and be ablet o wear my bikini and feel good in it. So what exactly did you do to loose the pooch what kind of weight training and how many situps or what did you do to work on your core?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up bread and pasta because, I could never give it up for life. Anyway, the hubbs is happy with my body, just need to make myself happy with it!

Oh yeah, and I'm 5'3"...I think it makes a difference if you have a short torso, because the only place the baby can go is out LOL

I eat pasta all the time and bread every day. I would NEVER give up any food that I loved, (unless it was for a medical reason, which may happen :sad:). I eat what I want in moderation. Food is an important part of my life and that includes real desserts. I don't eat splenda or margarine.
    My body fat is down to 20% and I'm 5' tall with a very short torso!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c sections and even after how much I've lost the stomach fat/skin is still there. I've heard surgery is the only way, so I"m gonna start saving up for that tummy tuck.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    OMG if i only had a poochy tummy i would be super happy! lol
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up bread and pasta because, I could never give it up for life. Anyway, the hubbs is happy with my body, just need to make myself happy with it!

I eat pasta all the time and bread every day. I would NEVER give up any food that I loved, (unless it was for a medical reason, which may happen :sad:). I eat what I want in moderation. Food is an important part of my life and that includes real desserts. I don't eat splenda or margarine.
    My body fat is down to 20% and I'm 5' tall with a very short torso!

Oh thank goodness! So were you big before getting pregnant? Did your belly ever look like pizza dough? Just wondering if I wait it out a couple more years if that will go away :)
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    LOVE to hear about VBAC mamas! :flowerforyou: