30 day shred

Options

Replies

• jamielr84
    Options
    I have a question for you 30 day shredders. Did anyone have really sore knees when they started this video? I did day 3 on level one last night and my knees are so sore! I am hoping they won't be this way the whole time.
  • Natvee
    Natvee Posts: 65
    Options
    Thanks for letting me join this. I found that I needed an extra little push in the right direction.

Today is day 1 for me and...

I weighed in this morning at 199.6 lbs.

neck-15.25
    bust- 44.5
    waist- 37
    hips- 44
    arm- 13
    thigh- 26

I have a feeling I will be in PAIN tomorrow...but I am happy to be on board!
    I will check my weight and measurements every Saturday and post.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I have a question for you 30 day shredders. Did anyone have really sore knees when they started this video? I did day 3 on level one last night and my knees are so sore! I am hoping they won't be this way the whole time.

Jamie- Watch your form in the lunges and squats. I have one bad ski accident knee, so I have to be REALLY careful that my knee doesn't go over my toes. Watch where your toes are pointed too, if they are pointed out, you can really feel it in the knee :smile:
  • jamielr84
    Options
    Thanks! I will really watch those tonight when I do the video. The last thing I want is a set back from my exercise when my motivation is still going strong!
  • kasia31
    Options
    I love 30 day shred. I did it a few months ago lost weight not a lot but my arms look great after a month.It was hard in the beginning but last week I was mixing all 3 levels to have more fun. I lost the most weight and inches doing 30 day shred every day and 3 x a week Billy Blanks boot camp on you tube it's for free and so far the best workout for me. My abs got strong and I lost all the fat on the lower part of my back:) For all the 30 day shred lovers good luck and have fun with this...It's only 20 min. You can DO IT!!!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    My knees are a tad sore, but it's nothing I would worry about (in my case). If it gets bad, it might be because you are going past your knees on your lunges, which would put strain on your knees. Be careful on any of those moves, or that one, where you "ski" left and then right, with the weights down and then up in front of you. Don't go past your knee there either.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Day 3 L1 complete!! Even easier than yesterday, and the time flew by again! I added an extra 5 mins of abs on the end, since I still don't feel it. My glutes aren't working hard either, so I threw in some back kicks too.

How are all you that haven't posted yet?

Natvee... If you're like me, you've just got to get past the pain of day 1, and you'll be fine. Once you get going, you'll be on a roll.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I love 30 day shred. I did it a few months ago lost weight not a lot but my arms look great after a month.It was hard in the beginning but last week I was mixing all 3 levels to have more fun. I lost the most weight and inches doing 30 day shred every day and 3 x a week Billy Blanks boot camp on you tube it's for free and so far the best workout for me. My abs got strong and I lost all the fat on the lower part of my back:) For all the 30 day shred lovers good luck and have fun with this...It's only 20 min. You can DO IT!!!
    I love that it's only 20 minutes!! Billy Blanks is awesome too though. I love his Basic Training DVD. That's where I got my ab exercises from today, since the shred isn't cutting it there for me at L1. After doing Tae Bo for a couple weeks, the hour doesn't seem that long either, though. It's like a long walk that you do over and over. It feels long at first, but then it becomes familiar, and not really so far. :wink:
  • peytonsmommi
    Options
    Mind if I join you all?
    I'm on L1D2 so I am a little behind. I plan to do the Shred everyday for the 30 days as long as my body cooperates.
    I did start doing it about 2 weeks ago but had bad form and hurt my knee. The knee is all better and I have worked on my form during lunges and I am good to go, no pain yet.

My SW is 178 as of today, I weigh in on Tuesdays and will post measurements next weigh in.
  • ahayter82
    Options
    I would love to join you guys. I just finished L1D2 and I love it. I plan to do it 30 days straight!! I did my measurements yesturday but wont do them again till I'm done with level 1.

Arms: 13 inches
    Thighs: 25 inches
    Upper Waist: 34 inches
    Lower Waist: 39 inches
    Hips: 42 inches
  • pamelarininger
    Options
    Okay, I suck..I'm the one who started this, and I already skipped a day! Lol :( I'm re-starting today.
    For anyone with SORE KNEES...be sure you are wearing shoes while doing this. It is extremely important. If you don't, you are going to wind up hurting your knees and/or ankles.
    Keep it up everyone! Your body being sore is a good thing!!:D
  • pamelarininger
    Options
    I would love to join you guys. I just finished L1D2 and I love it. I plan to do it 30 days straight!! I did my measurements yesturday but wont do them again till I'm done with level 1.

We have almost the EXACT same measurements!! how much do you weight? How tall are you?
  • ahayter82
    Options

We have almost the EXACT same measurements!! how much do you weight? How tall are you?

I am currently at 177 and I'm 5'4". I weigh in tomorrow though.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I did Level 2 today.:smile: Boy, am I tired!
  • Suzy_B
    Suzy_B Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great job Suzy!! :drinker: How are you feeling?

Ugh, I can hardly walk up & down stairs, my thighs are killing me! I feel like a loser but I have to take a day or 2 off :(
    I really wanted to do it 30 days straight.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    peytonsmommi... You're only one day behind me. :wink: Not that behind! Glad you're here, and your knees are doing well.

pamelarininger... You rock! :heart: Stick with it!

Nice effort, CricketKate!

Suzy... Feel the burn!! :laugh: I'm really sad to hear you'll be taking a day of rest, but you have to listen to your body, if that's what it's telling you! :flowerforyou: We won't hold it against you. That's a success in itself! I read in a weight training book lately that training is about recovery above all else. In recovery, you will get stronger.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Day 4. Ok after wanting to cry through yesterdays was much better today, mentally, and I am starting to feel stronger even though I am sore. Good weigh in this morning helped. Lost 1.1kilo since last weigh in (weekly on wednesdays).
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    peytonsmommi... You're only one day behind me. :wink: Not that behind! Glad you're here, and your knees are doing well.

pamelarininger... You rock! :heart: Stick with it!

Nice effort, CricketKate!

Suzy... Feel the burn!! :laugh: I'm really sad to hear you'll be taking a day of rest, but you have to listen to your body, if that's what it's telling you! :flowerforyou: We won't hold it against you. That's a success in itself! I read in a weight training book lately that training is about recovery above all else. In recovery, you will get stronger.

Steph, You are such a lovely positive person. I love reading your comments. I wish you a wonderful wednesday. (or whatever day it is there, Its Wednesday here in Australia)
  • hannahncakes
    Options
    ooooooooooh my days. Just did level 2 :/ taking all my remaining strength to type....
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    ooooooooooh my days. Just did level 2 :/ taking all my remaining strength to type....

I always find a lot more typo's after I have worked out! Great job!