Today I am starting a summer challenge.

Options
This summer I do not want to be covering up in big baggy t-shirts and wearing full length trousers in the high heat.

I want to be able to wear cute dresses and flounce around feeling confident about the way that I look.

Today, I am committing myself 100% to getting healthier. Ideally, I would like to drop 20lbs by June 1st and have done a fair bit of toning up.

Does anyone else fancy joining the 'summer challenge' group?

If so, what target do you hope to reach by summer and what is your motivation?

We can do this!!!!!!!!

Replies

• HaydonS19
    HaydonS19 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i'll join ya!! But I need to lose way more than 20 pounds. I am currently 183lbs but would love to get down to 115-120 at least by next summer. For now, I just want to be healthy and look good to myself. Is there a specific day that you want to weigh in every week?
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you! I have about 20lbs left to lose and I'd love to join and help motivate others!!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I would ideally like to lose between 35lb to 40lbs by 1st July for my holiday - should be achievable I hope :)
  • burgess_a
    Options
    I would love to join the group! I just joined today and I think this would be a great way to start off and stay motivated!
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I want to join too!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    welcome burgess :) I joined about a week ago and found everything on here such a benefit! hopefully you will too
  • fitnesspal5
    Options
    Excellent. Glad to have you all on board!!!!!!!!

What calorie plan is everyone following and what exercise routine do you follow?

I need to claim my body back. I feel pretty down today because I realise that I have been putting off alot of things due to my weight. Enough is enough.

I've been recommended 1200 cals per day by MFP and I am going to aim for 30 minutes exercise per day to start off with.
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I will definately be joining you. I still have another 20 lbs to drop before July :D

My calorie goal is supposed to be 1200 cal in order to lose 2 lbs a week.
    I will be starting TurboFire on February 14th and commit myself to the entire 20 weeks.
    I think after week 1 I might drop my intended weight lose to 1.5 lbs per week and my calorie goal will probably go up a little.
  • izzy214
    izzy214 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am IN!!!!
    50lbs. to lose my motivation is better health and my son is getting married May 7th. I dream of fitting in that beautiful "Mother of the Groom dress".

To reach my goals I would need to lose 4.16lbs @ week. I know 2 lbs. is more realistic and more healthy. But I have to DREAM BIG and push myself. If not, I will settle for just getting by. Please I need real buddies to help get me through this journey. I watch the Biggest Loser and I am blown away when people step on the scales and have lost 7lbs. to 14lbs. in ONE week!! I know they work their Butts off and have people who keep them accountable and push them to do their best.
    I believe that if we all commit and check on each other and really make us accountable for what we are not doing we can do this. If we just post Example" oh I walked 1 hour this week and ate pizza every day." That is not going to motivate anyone.

What if everyone post their goals and their stats and each week weigh in give a progress report, then we vote who motivated the team the most. I believe little rewards yields great results. But of course, we all should be here daily for each other. Just a thought.:happy:
    Can You Tell I am Excited? Good Luck to All!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I'll join! My goal is to be under 200 by summer....and then I can wear some cuter clothes too! Not bags!
  • izzy214
    Options
    Fitnesspal5,
    Thanks for starting this challenge and you are right. We all reach that point where enough is enough! Thats a good thing.
    You can do this, think of how good you will feel when you reach your goals and put that beautiful bathing suit on. Believe in you and you will get there.

Izzy
  • fitnesspal5
    Options
    I have got an extremely busy and stressful weekend ahead because I am working twelve hour shifts and preparing for a full day interview on monday :( ..... tough few days in store.

However, I am going to still find 30 minutes a day to check in with this group to see how everyone is getting on.

I lost 7lbs in two weeks not too long ago. I basically had porridge for breakfast or poached egg on brown toast, homemade soup for lunch (with a wholemeal roll), veg and salmon for dinner and snacks were low fat hot chocolate, fruit, low cal baked crisps or low fat yoghurts. I was never hungry and I felt great so I think that I am going to go back to a plan similar to this to lose the weight.

I didn't drink any alcohol and cut out chocolate bars. Seemed to do the trick.

Exercise - I am waiting for my Jillian Michael's 30 day shred to arrive but in the meantime I am going to do 10 minutes of weights (using 2lb dumbells), 10 minute skipping and aim for a 20-30 minute walk per day.
  • izzy214
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Hope all is well. I started using my Leslie Sansone 's WALK at home(Walk Slim 3 Fast Miles). I LOVE IT!! It does not take the place of getting outside, but the next best thing. It is FUN! LIVELY! EASY to do. I am feeling proud that I actually got exercise in
    today. I did well on meals and my water. So far so good. I am starting with walking and adding something new each week.

:drinker:
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    IN. :flowerforyou:
  • paulmmichaud
    paulmmichaud Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'll join too. Hopefully I'll meet and surpass the 20!
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    Ill join ya :)

I need to lose 24 by 8/1/11, I am only 4'11 so it will take awhile for me, but I hope that we can start keeping track here !!!

My first weigh in, in two weeks is tomorrow!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

25-pounds by 6/1! :drinker: Thanks for starting this! :flowerforyou:
  • tweave
    Options
    Count me in...I want to lose 10 lbs to look great in my bikini all summer:-)
  • cookingcriolla
    Options
    Hi, I'm in I too want to wear nice stylish clothes this summer so count me in too!

Izzy, I have alot of the Leslie Sansone dbd's and lake eack one.

I look forward to finally to being thinner this summer.
  • benjik
    benjik Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im down for the challenge, would love to join you guys in this. I have lost some weight and would like to loose some more, maybe 10 or 20 pounds. I want to look good without a shirt on and be able to fit into smaller clothes by summer, but earlier would be great too.

341134.png