Day 1 of P90X....ACCOMPLISHED!

Options
Hello All,

Well, I'm proud to say that I have completed my day one of P90X! I was pretty happy with how I did, and was shocked at how much ab ripper x kicked my booty!

ALl you new P90Xers...GOOD LUCK!

I cannot wait to do day 2 tomorrow!!!!!!

Dara

Replies

• nosnar1
    nosnar1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did it for 90 days with a friend. The only reason I stopped was because by the time we got together, it was too late for my tastes. I enjoyed it with a lot of success. Keep it up. It works.
  • ami789
    ami789 Posts: 47
    Options
    Congrats! ITs a great program and you will love your transformation.
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My husband and I did 2 rounds of it...totally LOVE that program! Great job today and keep Bringing it!
  • johnny_19
    johnny_19 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm debating whether to start p90x or insanity next week, any thoughts? Any input is appreciated. :)
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Day 11 for me! It's awesome isn't it.. and what a sense of accomplishment when you're done a workout. Don't be surprised if you're a bit sore tomorrow! LOL Oh and Ab ripper.... killer!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Well, I'm proud to say that I have completed my day one of P90X! I was pretty happy with how I did, and was shocked at how much ab ripper x kicked my booty!

ALl you new P90Xers...GOOD LUCK!

I cannot wait to do day 2 tomorrow!!!!!!

Dara

Good job on pushing play Dara. Keep up the good work!
  • bmcox916
    Options
    I really like P90x, so I bought the Insanity DVDs. Holy crap! I could barely keep up with the Insanity set! :) Think thin & good luck!!!!
  • bex1013
    Options
    Good work!! I've done the program twice and now I just add some of the workouts into my weekly routine. It took me 2 weeks to get through the Ab Ripper with Tony, but the results are awesome.

Keep it up!
  • Stooooo
    Options
    I'm debating whether to start p90x or insanity next week, any thoughts? Any input is appreciated. :)

What are you looking to accomplish?
  • johnny_19
    johnny_19 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    just wanna get fit, I think I'm a bit realistic with losing weight in a long amount of time though, but yeah probably wanna get fit as in tight lol,
  • nikicoleman
    nikicoleman Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Nice Job! I just finished Day 11 myself and I'm loving it. I'm a pretty big girl but with all the exercise I've done in the last year I have built up quite some good endurance and my husband and I are loving it. It is a great time commitment because we have to get up super early for both of us to get it done together at the same time-but it is great!

I'm thankful so many people said they had great results because right now the scale went up from the start and I know I'm building muscle too-so I have to be gracious but I am also so easily discouraged lately.

Anyway-keep up the good work!!! Day 2 here you come!!!
  • Stooooo
    Options
    just wanna get fit, I think I'm a bit realistic with losing weight in a long amount of time though, but yeah probably wanna get fit as in tight lol,

If you already have both, I would start with P90X. Insanity is just, well Insane.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Good job and good luck with plyo.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Finally ordered P90X after weeks of research...I will be a week behind you as I won't get it until this time next week and will be on the road for my job...will have to make due with the hotel fitness room...LOL.

Good luck...
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    awesome 89 more days to go!! I really like P90x and I plan to go back to that work out once I get Insanity done!!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    Great job congrats on completing day one
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words and support!!!!!

Just finished PLYO and HOLY COW! I had to modify so much, since I couldnt get as low as i wanted, but still pushed through, and kept up with it! I really loved the monster tires and the heismans! I feel so great right now!!!!!!

All of you doing P90X, are you doing the diet as well!? I havent really read through everything, but I have been on a healthy diet for about a month now, so I think I"ll be fine...and I really need to get a recovery drink...what all do you use!?

THANKS!

BRINGING IT for sure!
  • edorice
    Options
    If you reached the end then you did AWESOME. My first time doing plyo I got through only a half hour. I lost 24 pounds during my first round of 1700 calories. At the time my carbs were high, but the low calories and cleaner eating allowed me to lose fat. I recommend that you increase your protein percentages on MFP to at least 35%. Read the dietary suggestions in the P90X book. They recommend that women take in 2,000 plus calories, but a few of us have found that that is too high.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    If you reached the end then you did AWESOME. My first time doing plyo I got through only a half hour. I lost 24 pounds during my first round of 1700 calories. At the time my carbs were high, but the low calories and cleaner eating allowed me to lose fat. I recommend that you increase your protein percentages on MFP to at least 35%. Read the dietary suggestions in the P90X book. They recommend that women take in 2,000 plus calories, but a few of us have found that that is too high.

Thank you! I had issues with the jumping and really getting low, but I know I'll get it sooner than later. I have been going to the gym religiously since October, and feel like I havent done much, and I can tell this is going to help. I have been intaking at least 1,4000 calories a day, but im still confused about replenishing them! I'll really have to read the p90x nutrition guide..do you have a recovery drink?
  • edorice
    Options
    I used the P90X recovery drink in the beginning, but it did nothing for my nutritional needs. I switched to whey protein, which is great for recovery. So, right now I switch off between BSN Lean Dessert Protein and BSN Syntha-6. We workout in the morning, so it just works for me to have a banana and protein shake then head off to work. I don't do that every single day, but that's been the norm.