Do you workout during that time of the month?

Options
I apologize to the men folk out there..lol

I am curious how many of you don't and how many of you continue to workout. My first few days are heavy (not cramping or anything) just yuck!! and well for reasons I will spare you all I can't and don't use tampons. So walking on the treadmill at a high speed well ewww...

Do any of you take a few days off while "it's around?"

I feel a little bad but then I am like ughh there is no way..

Replies

• mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I force myself to! I feel so much better after!:smile:
  • heavenrain
    heavenrain Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I do work out during that time. It makes me feel better. I also do not use tampons and never have.
  • Jaedynmoon
    Jaedynmoon Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I always work out on my period! I feel 1000% better after my workout than before!! Exercise helps with PMS and period symptoms!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    i do
  • caseynjason
    caseynjason Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I took a day off last time, but I am wanting to workout next time to see if it helps! I soooo don't want to on a heavy day, but I will see how it goes!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Definitely do!
  • ropedancer
    Options
    I don't work out if it's really heavy. If it's not, I make myself.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I also force myself - I'll at least go on my walks during break/lunch. I also practice yoga on the Wii Fit (plus I have the "Yoga for Dummies" Dvd's) and i'll do some yoga as well. After awhile the yoga & walking combine help relieve the cramps & sometimes it won't last as long (does that make sense?)
  • MizSpock
    MizSpock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i'm not opposed to working out during that time - it's just i have no energy and i tend to give into my cravings (which i know is bad), so i just end up feeling all gross and bloaty and stay on the couch.

if i do muster the energy to workout, i do feel tons better after - it's just getting off the couch in the first place.
  • spottytoaster
    Options
    Yeah I find it makes me feel so much better. If you dont fancy the treadmill why not just go for a walk?
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    My periods don't stop me doing anything, so I carry on as normal, but admittedly I don't have your problems either. I think you just need to try and see what you're comfortable with.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I usually don't, but last month was unusually heavy so I had a nap on the couch instead and then ate some chocolate. Lol. :P
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I do work out. It's surprisingly helpful with the cramps...
  • ashers1819
    Options
    I don't stop when it's here, I just carry on as normal. It does definitely make me feel better if I do cardio during it though and I think because I am sweaty my monthly cycle related breakouts seem to be so much better. I did always think that once you were an adult you would no longer break out, but nope 27 and still getting pimples is never a good thing!
  • bdavenport62
    Options
    I always do. I have the mirena now so the flow isn't an issue but before I got it, it was. The funny thing is, at least for me, when I worked out the cramps were SO much better and the heaviness of the bleeding was not as bad. Not to mention I didn't feel as biznatchy.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I always workout. No excuses.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Of course. Do you still get up and go to work? Then why can't you work out? Besides, it really does make you feel better. It is a little harder for me to run and I seem to go slowly during that time, but I feel better, more awake, and in less pain the rest of the day. I'm still grouchy and want to eat all the chocolate on the planet, but I don't think menstruation is a valid excuse.
  • Shannon7713
    Shannon7713 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I try to walk but this last one was really rough for me. I walked maybe once during it.... I just keep eating well and try not to let the cravings take over.... and lots of H20!! It seems the day it ends or day after I drop a couple pounds..... I get really horrible cramps so its hard to get the energy to workout.
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i still workout, i find it makes it go quicker too...and the endorphones it releases makes me feel much less like crap!
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    oh plus!!! I need the extra calories so i can eat chocolate : )