Tall ladies out there? 5'10" and up?

Options

Replies

• HeartsTurtle
    Options
    Oh my God.. there are actually other tall women out there? I thought I was alone! haha

I'm 5'10" and started at 175 and weighed in this morning at 170 lbs.

During summer 2009, I actually weighed about 190, but lost 20 lbs for my wedding this past October. Now I'm hoping to lose even more! I'm hoping to get down to about 150lbs. My lowest weight was back in college in 2007 and I was about 155!
  • HeartsTurtle
    Options
    hey i'm 5'10(and a bit)....

I find that people think i weigh less than i do becasue i have a big frame and and am tall so carry wiegh well.... but I find people making out i dont need to lose any more weight (im 13lbs away from my goal, but my goal is 168 - the very top of the normal bmi range) becasue they see the definition of my colarbone and automatically think ive lost too much....but im still over weight....thats just a big colarbone!!!

I hear all the time that I don't need to lose weight.... And when I tell my friends that I weight 170ish they are usually really shocked! My mom is convinced it's because I'm part Polish and supposedly Polish women have heavy bones?? Not sure how true that one is..

Congrats on the wight loss! That is really impressive and you should be really proud of yourself!
  • LadyRugerSnow
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'10" & 24 pounds down! Started at 310! ugh!
    Friend me! I don't know too many people that are size! (except my sister & she's actually 6'2" lol)
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" or 5'10" haha I havent checked in a long time but I think I was 5'10" at my last physical :)
    I started at 176 and am currently fluxuating between 167 and 168. My goal for now is 150-155, but Ive been as low at 138 and that would be amaaaazing to see again. Really though, I was skinny-fat back then, so I dont mind if the scale number is higher as long as Im defined and healthy instead of skinny and still jiggly. :)
  • dream_litotes
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and I guesstimated my starting weight at around 210. For now I am avoiding scales but taking my measurements every couple of weeks, but I will have access to a scale in April so I'll see then. My goal weight is 170-180 something, but I'm a lot more interested in feeling and looking good so that's quite flexible. :)
  • jackalope28
    jackalope28 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's great to "meet" some fellow tall women! I'm 5'10 and just joined, and have 35 pounds to go.

I too have a large frame, but even so these extra pounds are not "hiding" at all!

Great topic, thanks for starting this!

Feel free to send me a friend request, too. :)
  • reikichris
    Options
    It is great to see other tall women out there! I am 6'2". I started at 185 and am down to 166. My goal 160 (tentatively, I may go for 155. We will see how it goes!)
  • runracer11
    runracer11 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.5" (almost 5'10" ;-) ). Am 164 currently and aiming for to get down to at least 145 lbs. Would love friends with similar stats so we can motivate each other!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'11". My highest weight was 324 lbs. I haven't seen 180 since before I was preggo so thats my goal. The last time I weighed in was Jan 29th and I was 227. I'm not weighing in again until March 1st. I set my for mid July, but If I don't make it I'm not going to sweat it. I'm more focus on living a healthier life. The weight will come off as long as I'm eating correctly.

Anyone can add me if they like.
  • harmonykay
    Options
    I am 5'9 and 178. My goal is 140. You can friend me if you want.
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'10 and shooting for maybe 170. I look kind of boney and anorexic at 165. Idk, chalk it up to large boned I guess. Feel free to friend me. It's always good to talk to other women my height and similiar weight goals.
  • srappleby
    Options
    I am 5'10". My SW was 309 and CW is 285. My GW is 180. I could also use some support from people in a similar situation!!! :smile:
  • heb14
    heb14 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love seeing all you ladies coming to this board! It's nice to finally see women who are tall and strong like me! You're such inspirations and great motivation! Keep up the great work :) Can't wait to get to know some of you!
  • myraposs
    Options
    I'm 5' 11'' and weigh 212. I've never had to watch my wright but have really put on weight the last few years. I just found this site and got started yesterday. I want to get down to 175.
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" so I'm pretty close! I think I started out around 250 and am now down to 165. Would like to lose about another 20 pounds but right now I am just thrilled to be in the healthy range!
  • cahira
    cahira Posts: 163
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and started at the first of the year at 286. I'm now down to 278 and I'm shooting for 175. I might re-evaluate that goal once I get there, but I've been heavy for so long and I know I was healthy and strong at that weight in the past so that's what I'm shooting for. I've been doing Weight Watchers, the Couch to 5K program and some Firm DVDs. Although I'm considering giving up the online WW membership as I really like the interface on MFP more.
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! It's so exciting to see so many tall women! I usually feel like I'm the only tall woman walking around the streets as I feel as though I tower over everyone. I am almost 5'10" (3/4' short of 5'10"). I am currently 192.2 and am working to get down to 160lbs. I was at 140lbs in the past. I liked being that weight, but not sure if that is the right weight for me. We'll see when we get there.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently 163. I started at 180lbs and have been at this for about 4 months now. I'm moving slow because I've lost weight before and gained it all back in a matter of weeks. My goal first goal is 160lbs- SO CLOSE! Now that I'm so close I know that I want to lose more weight. I also want to really, really tone up. I don't want people to think I'm skinny- I want them to think "wow, she must work out"

Good luck! I'm always open to new friends!
  • cleo77
    cleo77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :happy: I am 5'10 and my goal weight is 160.
  • work2it
    Options
    5'11 - currently 184. Never thought I'd jump into a conversation like this but just had to! I's so fun to hear your stories - and see how similar they are to mine! I was 213 at my highest and have fluctuated over the years. Started this program at 193. I am a classic yoyo! :( Want to get to 155 again and stay there!!