New Group - Summer Lovin'

Options

Replies

• p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    I bought a Bobble around Christmas time. It has it's own filter. I don't like tap water and buying bottles was so much money, so the bobble is more green and saves me money. I can fill it up from the tap and it tastes good. Plus, I know that when I drink a bottle of water, it counts as two 8oz cups.

Today I have dont about 50 crunches and 50 pushups, tonight I'm going to the gym so hopefully I get a good burn. I'm hoping I do good within the next few days!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • waterbug920
    Options
    Well, I'm getting down the water pretty well, especialy during workouts. But I'm probably not going to to make the calorie burn this week. I'll try my best, but I didn't even get a workout in Sun OR yesterday (slacker - I know!!). I did run 3 mi this AM and 1 hr Zumba tonight, so that'll help. Hope everyone had a great day!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join in on this group? I'm flying from USA to UK in August, and I'm hoping to lose about 30lbs by then. I have been plateaued for about 3months now; I really need to figure this out and could use some support (this is a fairly new profile - so if you're a fairly chatty/active user with similar goals, please feel free to add me!)

If you'd like to join just reply and also add this information so I can get a chart started.
    Name: KiKi
    Date of Summer Goal (or month): August 12th
    Summer Goal Weight: 195
    Current Weight: 225
  • p_cakes
    Options
    Of course you can join!

We do our weigh-ins on Saturday and a new challenge starts on Sundays.

So far, I've been doing pretty good with my water, My calories are pretty good. I've been doing stuff at home and then at the gym at nights. It's been nice. I got antsy this morning though. I had gone to the dr. yesterday and they took my weight, it was 191. And I knew it was because I had already eaten. So i was a bit nervous, well this morning I weighed myself and it's actually 188.8! I was very excited! I can't wait to see what it is Saturday when I weigh in. :)

Hope everyone else is doing good!
  • earthsember
    Options
    Awesome - this seems like a great group :)

I'm definitely in it for the water challenge this week! Exercise is a bit tricky, since with my toddler my main method of working out is pushing a stroller (we do daily 30-45 min walks) - not a huge calorie burn but still gets me moving!

4 glasses already today and it's only 12:30! Woohoo!
  • p_cakes
    Options
    I'm getting my water pretty well, but my calories is rough. I planned it that way though. I wanted that part to be a challenge. I'm going to Zumba tonight, so I am really excited about that!!
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i'd like to join!
    vanessa
    27! just had my b-day sat!
    i'm not sure of my goal date yet, but i'll be thinking of it.
    my goal weight right now is 130
    and currently i weigh 147-ish

so we're weighing in on sundays? hmm, i'll weigh in next sunday.
    i'm going to mexico sat morning for a week! whoo hoo! so my goal for the week will be to just Maintain!! but i dont know, man. rice and beans! and i dont really want to be running around town by myself... but we'll see. and i'm not drinking alcohol this year, so i wont have to worry about those calories. just have to watch what i eat. shouldnt be too bad, right?? yeah... lets hope!
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well the Calories arent looking so good for me... lol So far I have burned 1468 this week (2/6, 2/7, & 2/9), I took my one day a week off on tuesday... If I burn 500 Cals today, tomorrow, and Sat, that still only puts me at 2968 for the week, so I am going to try and do a little more then 500 then next 3 days to try and break even at 3,000 for the week.
  • Katfrench
    Options
    Im in!

Name: Kimberly
    Date of Summer Goal: July 1
    Summer Goal Weight: 140
    Current Weight: 159
  • mmoon29
    Options
    Hello are you still taking newbies? I joined MFP to lose the baby weight from my last child. Sad part is that she is seven years old! Im interested in taking part in this. So Im IN!!!

Name: Mindy
    Date of Summer Goal:July 1
    Current weight:214
    Honestly I would love to be down 40 pounds by May 1st which is my 11 year wedding anniversary! I dont think thats possible though but if anyone has any ideas or even thinks that it can be possible please let me know!! Ultimately I want to be at my goal weight by the middle of September of this year, my husband is set to deploy with his company. If anyone wants to be like an check up person to make sure Im doing good feel free to add me as a friend the more the merrier!
  • earthsember
    Options
    Still on track for the water, woohoo! The weekend is almost here, geeze I can't wait. The weather is finally getting nicer over here so I've been a lot more active :)
  • waterbug920
    Options
    I've been on track for my water all week, but the calories just isn't happening. We've been so busy at work and the kids have needed alot of face-time (everyone getting cabin fever here in the great white north) We get out for an hour yesterday to sled-ride, but with wind-chills in the negative teens, it's tough. Hoping to work out tomorrow and Saturday, but I'll be WAY under 3500. Maybe next time we could shoot for 500 over the week before instead of a total number? Cause really, with just having started exercising again a few weeks ago, 3500 cals might have about killed me this week! LOL
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well, I am sadly disapointed that I didnt hit my 500 calories burned today, I only got 405... Here is why though, I left my FREAKING Ipod at home, I CANT believe something as simple as not having music can sabbotash a workout....

I was also pretty tired today though... Long story short, I HATE ELECTRIC SMOKE DETECTORS!!!!!!! CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP at 3AM REALLLY?!?!?!?!?!?!? After replacing the battary AGAIN in like 3 weeks, it still chirped, I had to actually wake up and look online for some sort of solution, and finally figured out how rip the damn thing out of the wall. OMG they are sooo irritating... Didnt get back to sleep for almost 2 hours and then had to get up 1 1/2 hrs later... Ok, I am done ranting about the smoke detector.

I hope you all had an awesome workout today!!! :)
  • Swilson87
    Options
    Ok, I completed the mission. This was NOT easy at all. My water intake varies, because I've usually got 8 cups by 9-10am. My water bottle holds 4 cups, and I work out at 5am. The first thing I do whe I get to school (wrk) is fill my 4 cup(32oz) water bottle again. By 9-10 I've got those 8 cups.

The calories are a whole different story. I started the week running 3.5 miles, but by Wednesday my knees started bothering me. I had to switch to the elliptiical, and dust of the Wii Zumba. Needless to say, Friday was just a calorie completion day. I just wanted to finish.

Oh, and I learned a valuable lesson about snacking. Those calories add up, hense the freakin "1" ib loss was all I got...Crap!

Below you'll find all my scores...

Sun: n/a
    Mon: 10
    Tue: 10
    Wed: 10
    Thurs: 10
    Fri: 5
    Sat: 10

Cals Burned How Burned
    Sun: n/a n/a
    Mon: 640 Treadmill (5.4 for 40min )
    Tue: 640 Treadmill (5.4 for 40min )
    Wed: 701 Elliptical (Level 13 for 40min )
    Thur: 710 Elliptical (Level 14 for 40min ) 20min Wii Zumba
    Fri: 835 Elliptical (Level 14 for 40min ) 30min Wii Zumba
    SW: 264
    CW: 263
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I haven't gotten to weigh yet this week, but I did great on the water challenge! I definitely did not burn 3500 calories in exercise this week. What will next weeks challenge be??
  • LMPRF97
    Options
    Name: LMPRF97
    Date of Summer Goal:June
    Summer Goal Weight: 105
    Current Weight:114
  • LMPRF97
    Options
    Im ready I dont need to lose that much. But I want to get back in shape for my suit! I want myy 6 pack again and slim my bottom half down!
  • tashasbaby
    Options
    Hi, i hit my water goal or over it every day, but i failed the calorie goal, i did'nt even manage half! Never mind i'll try better next week. I've lost a 1lb i'm now down to 160lb xx
  • lenesi
    lenesi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Week 2 - Feb 12th:
    Name: Helen
    SW 146
    CW 144
    Lost 1 lb :)
    Goal 126
    Remaining 18lb

Challenge:
    Sun: 3
    Mon: 5
    Tue: 5
    Wed: 4
    Thurs: 4
    Fri: 5
    Sat: 4

Cals Burned How Burned
    Sun: 503 brisk walk (3.5m), step (30 mins)
    Mon: 487 treadmill (2m), aerobics (30 mins)
    Tue: 424 treadmill (2.2m), step (30 mins)
    Wed: 696 wii (30 mins), brisk walk (2.5m), aerobics (40 mins)
    Thur: 519 treadmill (2.2m), walk (1.2m), step (30 mins)
    Fri: 646 brisk walk (2m), step (45 mins)
    Sat: 150 treadmill (2m)
    Total: 3425 - so close!

I had to double my exercise to get close to the target which showed me that I really wasn't doing enough before. It was frustrating in that when I started exercising more my weight went up then slowly back down so by yesterday I was only back to the same weight as I was last saturday, today 1.2lb lighter though so the hard work is beginning to pay off. I also feel slimmer so I don't think I should be a slave to the number on the scale quite as much as I am!

Good luck to everyone else! x
  • lenesi
    lenesi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    posted twice for some reason, sorry!