MFP CRUISE...............!!!!

Options

Replies

• JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I AM so down for this. Let's go! I can already picture our MFP group on the cruise ship all fit & trim sipping cocktails (healthy ones, of course) laughing about how big we all used to be.

Laughing and sipping and laughing and sipping on a ship.
  • mogenfire
    mogenfire Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    My MFP friends show up, it will probably be the first time a cruise liner burned down in the middle of an ocean.
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am in!!!! Love this idea and all the ideas posted throughout the comments. I plan on taking a cruise when I reach my goal weight, so this would be perfect!!!!
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    BUMP! I LOVE CRUISES!!!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I would love to but would need aloooot of details:)
  • DJmom44
    Options
    I'll be in Vegas in December for the Rock n Roll marathon and half marathon. Cruises are cool, but I can do without NY.

I plan on doing this too!!! :o)

Me too!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I'm interested! just not NY though, esp at New Year (large crowds make me nervous)

I'm interested, but not for NY. Being from NJ, the last thing I want to do is go to NY. :laugh:
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    VEGAS!!!!

I'm not a huge fan of Carnival -- two friends of mine have gone on Carnival and there were problems (customer service, food, etc.). I'm not sure it would be a good idea to be around all the food that the cruise lines have. Another friend just came back from a cruise with his parents, and they said all they basically did was eat! Or that's the way it seemed to him.
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Bump! Love this idea!! :)
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    can it swing by the UK and pick a few of us up?? lol

Would be great holiday, everyone sat at the dinner tables with there phones out logging there food!! haha I can just picture it now! Bet they have never seen a queue form to access a gym on a cruise ship either!! lol

Yep... it needs to come Via the UK and then head down to the Med for a week or so !!!!
  • kidakiwi04
    Options
    A cruise or a trip would give me something to focus on. Count me in. Although my vote is for anywhere with a beach. Especially if I hit my goal I definitely want to show off in a bathing suit.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

Would be great holiday, everyone sat at the dinner tables with there phones out logging there food!! haha I can just picture it now! Bet they have never seen a queue form to access a gym on a cruise ship either!! lol

Yep... it needs to come Via the UK and then head down to the Med for a week or so !!!!

^ THAT sounds like a great idea.

BTW, if we can comandeer (errr uh "charter"--LOL) an entire vessel, I have the perfect slogan to paint on the back of the ship:
    uh

"MFP--We leave no stern untoned!!" :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options

Funny as HELL !!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

^ THAT sounds like a great idea.

BTW, if we can comandeer (errr uh "charter"--LOL) an entire vessel, I have the perfect slogan to paint on the back of the ship:
    uh

"MFP--We leave no stern untoned!!" :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • StephyTheGreat
    StephyTheGreat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I cant be in charage of anything. Thats why it took me like 6 months to lose 11 pounds. LOL. But Im good with ideas! This is something that we'd all have to do together.... If you have before and after pictures, or videos, try to mush them into a short clip about your success thanks to MFP's tools and community support which would be a good place to start.
  • Melisha82
    Options
    That would be so cool! Cruises are actually very affordable, you have to consider you get free meals along with it too!!
  • meadows654
    Options
    Hmmmm.... sounds wonderful. I've been on a few, but I have to warn you all: It's VERY easy to gain weight on a cruise!!! Food is everywhere. It's constant! It's delicious! They'd have to book the whole ship and change their menus to cater to the fitness crowd!! Turn off the 24-7 ice cream machines, alcoholic drinks, pizza, etc. Temptation is everywhere on a cruise. (But it's fun!)
  • Katz85340
    Katz85340 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I like this! Next year?
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I cant be in charage of anything. Thats why it took me like 6 months to lose 11 pounds. LOL. But Im good with ideas! This is something that we'd all have to do together.... If you have before and after pictures, or videos, try to mush them into a short clip about your success thanks to MFP's tools and community support which would be a good place to start.

Someone could also contact different cruise lines' event planners. I'm sure they have put cruises together for other groups before and probably have packages available.
  • bigskinner
    Options

and belfast by any chance?