Substitution for mayo in tuna?

Options

Replies

• Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    has anyone suggested mustard? I"ve had that before.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I've mixed my tuna with cottage cheese! Sounds kind of gross but its good. And is quite filling. Not sure about the pickles though.

Let me know if you try it and what u think!

Good luck!

WIN! Protein bomb! :P
  • darkfire
    Options
    i use tobasco sauce with mine
  • Kickasscdngurl
    Options
    i use yougart spread
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I like to use guacamole (low sodium or homemade is best).
  • JenTakeTen
    JenTakeTen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A couple of people at work sometimes order a tuna platter with balsamic vinegar. Can't say that I have tried it. A couple of people here mentioned ranch dressing. That I have done when I was out of tuna (pretty good). I have had mustard (ok). I like the avocado idea too. This girl I used to work wih made her own mayo with oil and eggs... can't say that I have done that either!!
  • Salpica
    Salpica Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I to love using mayo with tuna fish, but obviously it's not the best choice. This is my substitute (it's different from what everyone else has suggested too)

Oikos Fat Free Greek Yogurt (Get it a WalMart) 2Tbsp
    Mustard (Any kind you like) 1Tbsp

Mix it together and it's a great substitute for mayo. Only 16 calories for the whole mixture where as regular mayo would be 300!
  • stevobo
    stevobo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i mix hummus into tuna or canned salmon - yum!

I would never have thought if that in a million years.
    Sounds weird, but I might try it!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Yep, 0% fat Greek yoghurt would work well, or tzatziki would be even better - you put lemon juice in yoghurt dips and they don't curdle so I doubt a pickle or two would be any different...?
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I've mixed my tuna with cottage cheese! Sounds kind of gross but its good. And is quite filling. Not sure about the pickles though.

Let me know if you try it and what u think!

Good luck!

WIN! Protein bomb! :P

Yes! I want to try this. :)
  • melbisher
    Options
    I use lime juice and salt and pepper on Crackers .Tastes good and really low fat:happy:
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I mix in a hardboiled egg, some pickle relish, and some Kraft Fat Free Honey Dijon salad dressing! Then I eat it over lettuce.
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Quote" My bodybuilding friend told me he eats his tuna with mustard and I thought it sounded gross .... and then I tried it and I like it.
    Not good if you're watching your sodium though.

What kind of Mustard?
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Fat free miracle whip
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    I mix mine with the light laughing cow cheese wedge.. 35 cals an yummy.... I used the french onion but if I did it again I'd prolly just use the swiss. ;)
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I've used light sour cream and fat free sour cream it tasted great. I prefer the light though.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Very litte fat free miracle whip and horseradish. YUM!
  • loricarr73
    Options
    i use lots of fresh squeezed lime juice, fresh squeezed orange juice, mix it with diced english cucumbers, diced tomatoes, dice onions, cilantro, sweet rice vinegar and salt and pepper...very healthy :)
  • amandakay23
    Options
    I have been using plain greek yogurt, mustard and relish. very yummy.
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I personally eat mine like this:

Starkist - Chunk White Albacore Tuna In Water *** Very Low Sodium, 1 container (4 oz draineds ea.)
    Kraft - Miracle Whip Light, 1 Tbsp (15g)
    Celery - Raw, 2 tbsp
    Fresh Produce - Red Onion (Medium), 2 tbsp
    Heinz (Costco) - Yellow Mustard, 1 tsp.

Total Cals = 157

I am having this for lunch today on a smart and delicisous 80 cal wrap with some romaine and tomato slices. Plus a little bag of baby carrots for a total cal intake of 280 for lunch!

Can't wait, almost lunch time!!! :happy: