Ideas for Christian tattoo?

Options
I am a Christian and thinking about getting a tattoo after I lose weight. Any other christians out there have any ideas for me? I want something to remind me how much God loves me and what Jesus did for me. Or a biblical quote that reminds me God is always there. Something to look at when I am feeling down or far away. Do any of you have any tats like this? Thanks!

Replies

• thunt1990
    thunt1990 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Im christian too :) When i get to my goal weight im going to get a tattoo that says love and in the background of the O its going to have a cross. It reminds me to love myself, love others, and how much Jesus loves me.
  • Sindiel
    Options
    I'm not Christian, but I always loved this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Buddy_christ.jpg
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo along the side of my right foot (outside of the foot) that simply says:

You are my God.

Sort of an "every step I take, I take in You, You make me move Jesus" sort of thing.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Check out CTA...Christian Tattoo Association.

Also....this is one of my fave sites...
    http://religioustattoos.net/
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    my friend got a nice cross with a crown of thorns on her arm
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm not Christian, but I always loved this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Buddy_christ.jpg

Good movie :D
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    At the risk of retaliation- the Bible depicts the acquisition of tattoos in a negative light. I have always found religious tattoos to be contradictory and a kind of oxymoron. I myself have several. They are not religious, however. But to each his own!!! Hope it is beautiful! :happy:
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    A cross or any bible verse that has helped you
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    At the risk of retaliation- the Bible depicts the acquisition of tattoos in a negative light. I have always found religious tattoos to be contradictory and a kind of oxymoron. I myself have several. They are not religious, however. But to each his own!!! Hope it is beautiful! :happy:

The Bible discusses tattoos in the old testament. Where it also says women aren't supposed to wear their hair braided. I know orthodox jews can't be buried in jewish cemetaries if they have tattoo, but you have to consider the intent of the old testament laws when you consider whether they should be strictly followed. Good point though. We just had this conversation in my Bibly Study Tuesday. lol
  • genesischristian
    Options
    This is exciting! I want to get a Christian tattoo as well soon, so I'm excited to see all the ideas!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I can't deface His temple.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have a buddy who is covered wrist to wrist. It starts out with scripted commandments on both forearms into a lion and lamb on one side and a very cool Moses parting the red sea on the other and the culminating on a very large back piece with the arch angels striking Satan into hell. all kinds of rolling clouds and lightening and sunburst stuff depending on the scene associated with. it looks incredible.

On his chest he has Jesus with the word redeemer above and at his waist below it says redeemed. very very cool overall. it took him about 2 years and god knows how much money to do but it truly is a well thought out piece of artwork.

Every bit is done in gray-tones except the halo on Jesus and the lightning coming from Michael's spear as he smites Satan both in gold.
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    I agree I can not deface his temple.
  • MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I agree I can not deface his temple.
    Michaelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel to glorify his god. Why not paint your temple.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    It's not my temple to deface.
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The bible says a lot of things that people take out of context and misuse to fit their own personally beliefs. Take the bible for what it is, the word of GOD. It is actually a difficult reading in my own opinion. Getting a tattoo will not deny you heaven.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    My dad waited until he was 60 to get his first tatoo! It's on his upper arm, and is an awesome picture I'd never seen before- Jesus just kinda standing with his hand through some fishing nets, just looking out and smiling. A few years later, he got a tatoo on the other arm of a cross with thorns on it. Hope you find one you like!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I would never get a tattoo eiither because I'm a Christian but I would be interested in seeing what you end up getting. :smile:
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have a cross on back that I got at a time I needed a reminded that I was never alone and HE always had "my back"!!