confession...

Options
sparklesammy
sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
Its good to get these things out some times.

Go on...tell us what you did!!

I'll start.

On Thursday I ate 3 slices of chocolate cake. (the only reason I was under my calories is becasue I spent hours in the gym working it off...but if I have put on weight this week ...its totally becasue of that)

good cake though.

Replies

• Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    This will be a pre-emptive confession. Normally my wife and I have our weekly "cheat meal" every Friday night. But I have one of my old friends from college coming in town today so we saved our cheat meal for tonight. I will be drinking beer, eating fried chicken tenders with mashed potatoes, creamed corn and biscuits. Today is my day off from the gym so I will go well over my calories. But tomorrow, I will be in the gym for an 18-mile bike ride and a 2-3 mile run. So, I'm going to enjoy the food tonight and sweat it out tomorrow!!!
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    home made 5 cheese lasagna and fresh pecan pie and 2 glasses of merlot on thursday (hubby`s birthday...) managed to be under calories for the same reason - but mm mm it was worth every moment...
  • ✿KẙMb529✿
    Options
    I've had two unplanned "cheat" days this week. And lots of Valentine's Day treats already.
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    I hate when my husband travels - I eat and eat and eat.

But, I avoided the Outback Steak House fries that I wanted and got a salad wrap with easy dressing instead.

I decided not to go grocery shopping - just to avoid having lots of food in the house to eat.

My confession - I'm a sad eater. I overeat when I am sad. It's just one of those days. I'm going to get out of this house and put my energy into the beauty in life.
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    I am procrastinating!

(i should be reading the general persecutions in Eusebius of caeserea's church history books 8 and 9....I have an essay due monday...eek)
  • YayMe17
    YayMe17 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP since the beginning of the year & up until about a week ago I hadn't done ANY exercise AND I was losing weight. NOW I would say I'm addicted to the gym. I like the way I feel after going & LOVE the extra calories.
    Confessed.
  • sparklesammy
    Options

But, I avoided the Outback Steak House fries that I wanted and got a salad wrap with easy dressing instead.

I decided not to go grocery shopping - just to avoid having lots of food in the house to eat.

My confession - I'm a sad eater. I overeat when I am sad. It's just one of those days. I'm going to get out of this house and put my energy into the beauty in life.

I feel like i want to eat when im sad too...and when im bored
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Um....I hate my M&Ms last night :) Then I ate 1/2 of my daughter's LOL!

I was still under calorie count though.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options

I'm sorry that you're having a sad day :(

My confession is that nothing seems appetizing to eat anymore since I started at MFP a couple of weeks ago. I'm discovering that calorie counting, which I have never done before, really marries with any latent neurotic personality traits and that I've only eaten some grapes this morning..a handful.

When I first started I was hungry but I wasn't even- thinking about what I WANTED to eat. It's like my brain has reset and no longer even knows what it wants.

So ultimately- I am confessing that I'm under eating I think. I didn't plan on it and don't feel gratified by it so today I'm spending time thinking about it and analyzing why I don't want to eat....
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

I'm sorry that you're having a sad day :(

My confession is that nothing seems appetizing to eat anymore since I started at MFP a couple of weeks ago. I'm discovering that calorie counting, which I have never done before, really marries with any latent neurotic personality traits and that I've only eaten some grapes this morning..a handful.

When I first started I was hungry but I wasn't even- thinking about what I WANTED to eat. It's like my brain has reset and no longer even knows what it wants.

So ultimately- I am confessing that I'm under eating I think. I didn't plan on it and don't feel gratified by it so today I'm spending time thinking about it and analyzing why I don't want to eat....

It sounds as though you have moved into a lose weight frame of mind and your body is reacting,no idea how to make it happen but hopefully you can take that and adapt it to a healthy me frame of mind. :flowerforyou:
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I have to confess that I have not been eating as well as I would have liked to this week at all. It has been filled with cookies! Ugh my darn weakness. I have to admit I have been doing better towards the end of this week but girl scout peanut butter sandwiches, darn little things I just love them!
  • TORNATO1
    TORNATO1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I ate my first slice of pizza for the first time this year last night . It was a thin slice of cheese and it was amazing. I forgot how good pizza tasted. I went to the local pizzaria, ordered 1 slice to go and took it home. I used to put down a 16" no problem. I have no regrets about last night and I feel great! I was still under my calorie goal for the day which was a good thing.
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    I ate my first slice of pizza for the first time this year last night . It was a thin slice of cheese and it was amazing. I forgot how good pizza tasted. I went to the local pizzaria, ordered 1 slice to go and took it home. I used to put down a 16" no problem. I have no regrets about last night and I feel great! I was still under my calorie goal for the day which was a good thing.

I don't think I could ever eat just one slice of pizza : D
  • spaceangel66
    Options

I don't think I could ever eat just one slice of pizza : D

I KNOW I couldn't. :blushing:

We had a chili cook-off luncheon at work yesterday, so I endulged a little...well, maybe a lot. :laugh:
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a chocolate donut at work, but later on that evening I beat it out of my system with an awesome weight training session! :o]
  • kandraj
    Options
    Bless me Father for I have sinned. It has been....a long dang time since my last confession.

I confess that I have been taking an herbal supplement that suppresses off my appetite. It keeps me from doing the random munching that I have a tendency to do, especially since I travel 100% for work.. This means I am in airports a lot and surrounded by crappy food.

I know that I am cheating (myself) because the goal is to condition myself to not munch for no reason. An appetite suppressant is a temp fix, not a lifestyle change.

There, I confessed. I guess I should say some Hail Marys and Our Fathers now.

(Can you tell that I am Catholic and went to Catholic school for half of my life:laugh: :laugh:)
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    Bless me Father for I have sinned. It has been....a long dang time since my last confession.

I confess that I have been taking an herbal supplement that suppresses off my appetite. It keeps me from doing the random munching that I have a tendency to do, especially since I travel 100% for work.. This means I am in airports a lot and surrounded by crappy food.

I know that I am cheating (myself) because the goal is to condition myself to not munch for no reason. An appetite suppressant is a temp fix, not a lifestyle change.

There, I confessed. I guess I should say some Hail Marys and Our Fathers now.

(Can you tell that I am Catholic and went to Catholic school for half of my life:laugh: :laugh:)

we can't grant abslution on this forum...its not been officially endorsed by the papacy...

however I've heard theres an app for that now.
  • superdre
    superdre Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Lol! I just had a confessional on my MFP page .... I indulged in a LARGE Chai Tea Latte with only Milk on thursday... Generous portions of Thai on Wednesday.... Sometimes you just need to let loose!
  • kandraj
    Options
    @sparklesammy: heehee heehee.

You have lost 129lbs??!!??!! You are a Rock Star, babe! Keep at it!
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    Lol! I just had a confessional on my MFP page .... I indulged in a LARGE Chai Tea Latte with only Milk on thursday... Generous portions of Thai on Wednesday.... Sometimes you just need to let loose!

mmmmmm. chai latte is one of my favorite things!