Has anyone actually looked at the SUBWAY nutritional info?

Options
2»

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    it's best just to make your own sandwiches
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    *sarcasm*
    But, but, they sponsor the biggest loser and are always on the show it can't be bad!
    *sarcasm off*

in all seriousness as far as fast food goes it's better than going into McDonalds, Burger King or KFC, but don't expect miracles if you eat there every day.

Personally if I have to eat out I'd prefer a Chicken Shish in a pitta bread loaded with salad, there's still sodium in it but not as much and you get to see it cooked fresh in front of you so you know exactly what's in it.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Subway is a great fast food option. It's the best you can get calorie wise. Get a 6 inch and it's fine.
    Exactly. It's fast food. It's going to be high in carbs (it's bread, duh!) It's going to be high in sodium. Most cold meat or processed meat is. If you're watching your sodium intake, most fast food should be avoided. But sodium content aside, Subway is probably one of the healthiest choices available to you. And eating it once in a while isn't going to kill you, or totally throw you off your diet. As an aside, in response to the person that said there was turkey listed as an ingredient in the ham, I don't really care what kinds of other animals are in my ham, as long as it tastes like ham! :wink:
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    EVERYTHING processed is full of sodium. Subway is still your best fast food option. Can I eat healthier? Yes, but not from a fast food joint.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    When I use to go to subway I would get a 6" veggie on wheat. I would get them to pull out the inner bread so that I mostly have the outer shell left. I then would fill it up with a lot of veggies. It cuts out some of the calories and sodium.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Whenever I order a tuna sub on wheat I get constipated. Not sure if it's the bread or tuna or what but it was happening every time so I stopped ordering them.

And I agree with you all who said that their meat has a ton of sodium.
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    This is why I no longer go to subway.

Also for the meat-eaters out there....check out the ingredient list for the meats...I didn't realize ham was made from turkey...eek (so glad I'm a vegetarian!)

Ham is a PORK product. Turkey is fowl. Although ham really describes the location on an animal (so it could technically be from anything), If you're eating ham that listed turkey as an ingredient (knowingly)... run the other direction!

Along the same lines, my hubby (the butcher), recently heard a report on Taco Bell's ground beef. They claim it's 70% beef but the anaylsis showed 30% beef in their ground beef. The rest was fillers like grain, etc. Think about the consistency and it makes sense. But seriously... wow! I guess I won't be using Taco Bell as my "healthy" (read low cal) fast food option.

Yet another reason to quit eating fast food all together...
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    It also has way to much sugar too!