Want to know a delicious idea for a protein shake?

Options

Replies

• ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I just made this and it was sooooo good!

1 scoop of vanilla flavored powdered protein

half a banana

2 T of peanut butter

sprinkle of cinnamon

1 c of vanilla soy milk (or your personal milk choice)

Handful of ice

Enjoy! :drinker:

I do the same thing but instead of a sprinkle of cinnamon, 1tablespoon Nesquik and I don't add ice because I use frozen bananas. So yummy
  • surra
    surra Posts: 33
    Options
    Bump!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Here's some I have yet to try. Let me know if you like 'em :)

1 scoop vanilla powder
    handful of ice
    3 oz water
    2 t ground coffee

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I have been trying to find something to replace my much missed Dunkin Donuts Large Iced Coffee with Half Cream and Half Sugar... this may do just the trick
  • prinmalik
    prinmalik Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sounds good, I will try that, first I have to ask did you get the protein powder from wal-mart or a health food store and the vanilla soy milk, cinnamon?
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,265 Member
    Options
    bump...great recipes. Thanks!
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    sounds good, I will try that, first I have to ask did you get the protein powder from wal-mart or a health food store and the vanilla soy milk, cinnamon?

Walmart is probably cheaper. That's where I got mine and it's a soy-based protein. EAS Advantage. Soy milk just store brand-I got mine at Kroger.
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress Whey Protein from Wal-mart. It's affordable and good stuff. I like the whey protein over soy because it's a little more refined and doesn't make me gassy. They have some great shake recipes on their site at www.bodyfortress.com. I've tried just abpout all of them. The Peppermint Patty shake was not good beacuse the amount of peppermint extract that the recipe called for was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too high and made it taste like Listerine!
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,265 Member
    Options
    I make a simple smoothie by using 1 cup of Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze, 1 cup frozen fruit (without added sugar), and one scoop of Vanilla Whey Protein Powder. It's not too sweet and give me fruit and protein as a treat or breakfast. I love using mixed berries or the mango/strawberry combo. If I have bananas I'll had half of one. I have added a 1/4 cup of OJ if it's too thick.
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    This has been my favorite for awhile now:

6-8 oz of Dole or Market Pantry Orange/Pineapple/Banana juice (it makes it taste a little more exotic or tropical than just plain OJ)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/4 cup honey flavored (or vanilla or plain) GREEK yogurt
    about 1/2 cup to 1 cup (get it from Costco) Wawona Festival blend frozen fruit (mango, pineapple, papaya & strawberry --- I find that frozen fruit is MUCH cheaper, lasts A LOT longer, you have more variety this way & it adds to the consistency)
    additional ice cubes as needed.

I haven't made any other types since I concocted up this one. You can add half a banana or any other fruit.

Adding the GREEK yogurt added a bit more protein and made it a lot more filling.
  • mommacitab
    mommacitab Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EliseMarie24
    EliseMarie24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • maeflower1234
    maeflower1234 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Coconut smoothie

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 tbsp sugar-free coconut syrup
    1 tbsp sugar-free chocolate syrup
    1/2 cup ice
    1/2 water

mix in blender
  • rdy2begin
    Options
    Same question I have ....
  • kim0913
    Options
    I do one with vanilla protein, FF Frozen yogurt, cinnamon, and applesauce. It's an apple pie shake.

How much of each ingredient do you use??
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I am loving all of these!! I hate yogurt sooo this is great to have some non-yogurt recipes! BUMP! :flowerforyou:
  • DrinkwithSpoons
    Options
    That sounds delicious! Thanks!
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    1 cup nonfat milk
    1/2 cup nonfat yogurt
    1/2 cup cold applesauce, no sugar added
    2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
    Pinch of cinnamon
    Pinch of nutmeg
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress Whey Protein from Wal-mart. It's affordable and good stuff. I like the whey protein over soy because it's a little more refined and doesn't make me gassy. They have some great shake recipes on their site at www.bodyfortress.com. I've tried just abpout all of them. The Peppermint Patty shake was not good beacuse the amount of peppermint extract that the recipe called for was waaaaaaaaaaaaay too high and made it taste like Listerine!

I use the Body Fortress Whey Protein from Walmart too, there are 5 flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Cookies & Cream.
    Whey protein is better than soy protein for a variety of reasons.
    So far I think my favorites are the strawberry and the Choco PB. The chocolate PB I can put in a shaker (sold for 2 bucks right next to the powders) with skim milk, shake the crap out of it, and drink it like that, no blender needed. It tastes like Reese's cups! The strawberry is good that way too.
    It's good on the go because I just weigh out a portion into a tiny tupperware and carry it with me with the empty shaker. Then any time you need it you can grab a 16 oz skim from a convenience store, shake and chug!

The fancy recipes are yummy for at home, too, obviously, but my way is an awesome solution for when you're on the go and starving and thinking you have no healthy options! :)