New "married 30 something" group anyone??

Options

Replies

• nomex
    nomex Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a physiotherapist. when I didn't have the grades to get into the program I decided to go to school anyway and start a science program. I found I LOVED my psychology courses and I eventually became a child psychologist. I love my job, but when I grow up FOR REAL, I want to be a photographer!
    Very much looking forward to hearing the aspirations and results of others!
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    @ jaybaileys: Yes, soccer sounds great (and I guess you may not have to track food if being an athlete was a profession!) but a pilot sure sounds like a lot of fun to me!! :)

@nomex: Interesting that although in very different ways you always had an aspiration of helping others. Oh, and we'll have to talk photography too :) ... I may not want to do it for a career but it's definitely an amateur hobby for sure.
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Can I join too? I'm 31 (32 in three weeks), and have been in a great relationship with an even greater man for 3.5 years. We're not married, but no less committed to each other! No kids, but a really hilarious cat. :-)
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 with 3 wonderful children 4,6 and 8.:smile:
  • Cortez123
    Cortez123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile: I'm 38 years old and happily married for over 10 years. We have a son and twin girls.
  • mandavann
    mandavann Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is great!

I'm 38, married for 13 years with 3 kids who are 19, 10 and 9. :smile:
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    Just to keep it going I'm reposting the question for today! :)

~* ~* ~* SUNDAY QUESTION!!! =) *~ *~ *~

Just thought I'd throw a fun question out there to get us all talking a bit and even get to know another a bit more ...

Q: "When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? What did you end up being when you grew up?!"

(Answer for me: A musician, specifically a guitar player. I even started off as a music major in College with my guitar and trombone but it didn't last, ended up in IT! ... working for Ford for about 13 years now with a short break between.)
  • nomex
    nomex Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    @mgasperoni - Hey I just read some of your blog.... very insightful! I think we may have more in common than photography. You are probably right about photography as a profession. I think I really just want to do photography as a hobby - but on a full time basis. Ha Ha Ha. NOT sure how realistic that is, it is an expensive hobby! Definatly fullfilling though!

IT is a big jump from guitar! Though I know several IT guys who love their photography gadgets!
  • Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    When I was a child I wanted to be a lawyer...then as I got older and headed to college I wanted to be a CPA. I did not become a lawyer or CPA. My junior year of college I discovered economic development and changed my major to Public Administration. Graduated... used my degree for a while then I got married and moved to a small town. Now I manage a doctor's office. I would love to go back and get another degree in healthcare administration.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    When I was little I wanted to be an airline stewardess so I could travel a lot or a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader or a Rockette. I ended up being a cosmetologist which I did for about 8 years working on the campus of the University of Illinois until I became pregnant with my second child. Then I briefly worked doing data entry until he was born then I stayed home with the kids. When ever my old bosses at the hair salon needed extra help I would go work part time for them to help them out. I still do hair at home for friends and family. My dream job would be to restore/renovate old houses. I love old houses they are built so much better then new ones are usually loaded with character and quirks compared to the cookie cutter houses in most of the areas around us.

My son is into guitar playing right now, he has an electric, and acoustic and a bass he got for Christmas this year. He has just started learning to play some jazz music and is wanting to do a rock band camp this summer. FYI he also plays the trombone in band! I don't know that he has any ambitions to make an living doing music at this point, he is an engineer/inventor at heart. I won't discourage him if thats what he wants to try.
  • paulmmichaud
    paulmmichaud Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If not too late to join, married, 32 years old, coming up on 11 years in June. 2 kids and son will be 6 later this month and daughter shall be 4 next month.

Paul
  • MrsRC
    MrsRC Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, can I join you - 32 and married 6 years with a beautiful baby girl, who is actually 3 years old now so not a baby - but still my baby!!! I wanted to be a journalist as a child and then a newsreader on TV - I'm now a paraplanner so a bit different, but still probably too old now to become a newsreader on TV!!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    married 35 with 1 kid here.
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    Thanks everyone for joining in on the discussion, it's going to be great to get to know everyone.

And join anytime! =)

and @nomex ... great to hear! There isn't a better common thread to share :)
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    @shann272003, thanks for sharing, amazing on how our goals and ambitions change!

@holly, thanks for sharing too ... and I like those instruments, probably cuz I play them :)
  • chewysmommy
    Options
    Hey, Im 29 but will try to slide in here. :) Ive been married for 8 years and have two little ones 3 and 4 months. This thread sounds right up my ally.....I think I have much more in common with the boring, married, mothers....lol ;)

Is there anyway to make a thread one of my favorites or something, where I don't loose track of it?
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 34, married 10 years, two kids... boy (7 y/o next week) and girl (4 years). I wanted to be a school teacher when I was a kid because my mom, dad, aunts, and grandma were all teachers. As I got up older I realized I just didn't have the personality to teach and went on to become a registered nurse. I now work part time as a nurse and have a photography biz on the side (mostly because I love it, not because it's lucrative :p)
  • mandavann
    mandavann Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When I was little I wanted to be a veterinarian. I actually got into the medical field and worked in a lab for about 13 years before I finally got to do what I really wanted to do and not what I had to do for a living which is working in real estate. I love it! :happy:
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    33 (34 in 6 days) married 11 years been with my dh 17 years with 4 kids (13, 11, 10, 8)
    I'd love to join...
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    @chewysmommy ... what I do to make it super easy is just set a bookmark/favorite when you're on this thread ... I haven't found a real quick way from inside MFP itslef, but if you just set another favorite it will go right to this thread. And there are dad's here too! Though just as boring ;)