New Group - Summer Lovin'

Options

Replies

• Swilson87
    Options
    I just noticed I have a 10 cup day listed for Saturday, but thats a typo. I ended my challenge on Friday, because I was there already, and Saturday is never a strong day for me....
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    Seems like everyone has been doing pretty good. I knew that for most 3500 calories burned would be hard. that's why I choose that. I KNOW I didn't make it. My schedule this week was so thrown off. I think I might have done about 2500, maybe.. My water was good for the first few days, up until Thursday, then I came to work. haha.

I'll have to enter my weight tomorrow. I, again, didnt have my scale this morning and I love my scale (not too much because we all know it lies most of the time)

I'm working on this weeks challenges. Something a bit better than just water.
    Any suggestions for Fitness or Nutrition Challenges. I'll keep note of them and we can use them.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I got alot of my water in this week ! And i exercised 6 days this week ! Thats pretty good for me !
    Week 2 February 12th 219.5
    my name is kristen user name is kris1085
    Starting weight was 221.5
    I have lost 2 pounds so far ! My goal by july is 180!
    39.5 pounds to go its alot to loose but i am ready for this challange !
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    Just an idea for a future challenge...all of us finding and posting a new dinner recipe under 400 cals or 500 cals?? Like, it would have to be a new recipe we have never made before. Plus, we would all have new recipes from each other to try? Idk, for me it is sometimes just that feeling of not wanting the same meals I have had over and over and over that makes me blow it!
  • p_cakes
    Options
    Oh I like that Idea about the recipes. I'm always looking for something new to make. Recently I've been making turkey burgers...they get old...FAST!
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I met the water challenge every day - woohoo!!

Weight loss was like .4lb so didn't even bother recording it since I felt like something that small could be a fluctuation. I'm just getting back into the swing of things though so I'm not too discouraged!
  • fitstarr
    Options
    Sat checkin in!
    Hit my water goal everyday no problem, eating only what comes from the earth, within my 1280 calories + some exercise calories, weight training 4 X's this week, 1 bootcamp and 3 spin classes later I've gained 1.5 lbs. Hmmmm. Realy tired of this plateau for the past 3 months! I hope everbody is melting the fat better than I! :)
  • mamabearr
    Options
    Hoping I can join in.

Name: Amanda
    Date of Summer Goal (or month): beginning of June
    Summer Goal Weight: 120
    Current Weight: 153

Oh and I'm 5'3. So right now I'm nice and "curvy".
  • waterbug920
    Options
    I met my water challenge every day - a big thing for me...I think I must walk around in a state of perpetual dehydration! LOL Calores - I did better thought I would. I will have to post weight tomorrow. I actually don't have a scale at home, I use the one at the clinic where I work and I didn't work today (Hallelujah!!), but I have to stop in tomorrow.

Water Challenge - Met every day
    Calories - 2000 for the week. (although I might try to get out on my snowshoes later on)
    Weight & Measurements- pending!
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I always drink water, Love water! No weight loss this week.. bummer. Having a slow start with this scale since starting last month but I have lost some inches as my clothes fit a lot better. I won't get discouarges as this is a lifestyle change. Maybe my body just wants to build some muscle first. I think I am going to try to eat more calories this week since I don't usually eat much of my extra cals I earn.
  • lynnellec
    lynnellec Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Didn't reach the calorie goal this week since I wasn't able to work out each day since we had a funeral in the family this week but I definitely was able to reach the water goal. Only a .5 loss this week but I'll take it!! Better than an addition!
  • p_cakes
    Options
    It's Challenge Day!

For the Fitness challenge we are gonna take it down a bit. At least 30 minutes each day! It can be cardio, weight, whatever just as long as you have some sort of workout for 30 minutes each day!

Nutrition: Let's cut back on Sodium! I know I personally have a BIG problem with this! So, if you don't already track it on here, make it an option for this week and track your sodium, try to stay under every day!

Extra: I thought this would be fun too. Let's all try to throw in one suggestion for a challenge. That way we can get challenges that will work for you and others!

So, I think I can do this one this week! I'm getting closer to my 15lb mark..(even though my ticker says 8lbs) I still can taste it! It's so close!

Hope everyone has a good Sunday and a good Valentine's Day tomorrow. What's everyone doing?
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I never track my sodium but I will add it for this week. It will be good to see if some of my common meals are high in sodium even though I know my diet for the most part is not high in sodium. Also didn't get to the gym this weekend to weigh myself but hopefully tomorrow I can. I'm going to challenge myself to get up and workout first thing in the morning (at the gym) so I will post my weight tomorrow. (No scale at home).

I already gave my idea for a nutrition challenge. Are we supposed to give one for both challenges? A fitness challenge might be to try a new form of exercise for at least 30 minutes, along the same lines as the nutrition challenge I posted.

We had our Valentine's Day yesterday. We went out to eat and to a movie. It totally blew my calories for the day but I had done really good all week before and I'm back to exercise and good food today!
  • p_cakes
    Options
    nah, just an idea for either, or both if you want. Just something to get a variety and things that work for everyone.
  • FaithfullFit
    FaithfullFit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sorry didn't get a chance to post yesterday.

I got more than 5 cups of water in every day I tend to do good will that.
    total calorie burn was 1850. only a little over half the challenge amount.
    but before a week and a half ago I wasn't exercising at all on a daily bases
    so even though I didn't reach the challenge goal this is awesome for me.
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So this wasnt a very good week for me.... I didnt lose anything, and I think I realized I need to eat more calories then I am. So I am going to really shoot for eating all of my exercise calories this week to see if that helps me.

Weight Loss: 0 lbs
    Current Weight: 175 lbs
    Goal Weight: 140 lbs

Challanges:
    Water - This was a no brainer for me I drink plenty.
    Calories burned: 2721/3500
  • admiredseazons
    Options
    I was wondering if I could still start your group, I know I'm late but better late then NEVA :blushing:

Name: Summer
    Date of Summer Goal (or month): June 1st
    Summer Goal Weight: 160
    Current Weight: 191

I've been working out, but I really have to work on my nutrition....so this tool seems to keep me on track as long as I use IT!!
  • waterbug920
    Options
    Hmmm, after reading p_cake's post, I switched my settings to look at Sodium - and I'm WAYYYYYY over !!! Never really thought to track that! I'm usually so set on Cal, Fat, Prot, Fiber & Sugar. Never really kept track of sodium.

I didn't make it to the clinic to weigh today - I'll post tomorrow - we went to the Winter Festival in town, rode sleds down the big hill, did some tubing, snowshoed - it was a blast, the kids had a great time! Adventure Outfitters was there and let the kids try snowshoes (I couldn't believe they had ones that fit my 3 yr old!) And he loved it! Of course, it took him about 2 secs to figure out that if he stood on the back of his sisters, she couldn't move and then he could tackle her to the ground. I love finding things the whole family can do - especially anything that helps us enjoy the cold, snowy weather (since that's 5-6 mos out of the year here!).

So my fitness challenge would be to find a new OUTDOOR acitivity, bonus points if the whole family can join!
  • Swilson87
    Options
    I'm in as always. I did complete everything last week, so this one is pretty much a done deal. My cardio is already 40 min a day, and as of this morning I've added running 10 floors (slowly) of stairs in the pm. Sodium is something I don't track but will try
  • christina1995
    Options
    Hi, I'm Christina and I'm determined to lose 15 pounds. I know it's a small goal but I've been trying to do it for the longest time & i've ever been able to meet my goal. I'm super determined though :)