Brides on a Mission: Week 7

Options
Hello Brides!
Once again, so many new faces on the board! Hope everyone is finding their way around!

I think we all got the swing of how our board works, so I will make this short and sweet! (If you are new, please look back on the support and motivation boards from previous weeks if you would like.)

How to upload a photo: Go to www.photobucket.com, it’s a free service, and upload your photos. Copy and paste the IMG code (there is a list of codes, easy to find on the site) onto your message post. Change the capital IMG code at the beginning and end of the code to lower case img. Your photo will appear when you make the actual “post.” (I will post this each week.)

Week 7 challenge: This week’s challenge is a mental one. We are all a part of this board because we want to look amazing in a wedding dress. But what comes after that day? Usually a weight gain for both people in the relationship. We are all working so hard to be healthy and beautiful for the big day….what is going to keep us that way? I challenge you to come up with why you should continue with a healthy lifestyle after the big day comes. Write it out and stick it up somewhere in the house, your car, your office; wherever you will see it the most. It will be a reminder of why you should continue to lead a healthy life. Please take some quality time to think about this and write about it in the weekly questions. (Thanks Becky11785 for creating this week’s challenge!)

Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post. I will post this each week for new comers.)
1. Name:
2. Age:
3. City:
4. Occupation:
5. Wedding date:
6. Fiancés name:
7. How long you and your fiancé have been together:
8. Heaviest weight:
9. Goal weight and date:
10. Favorite type of exercise:
11. Favorite healthy food:

Brides on a Mission: week 7 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
1. Weight loss/inches lost this week:
2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened):
3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with):
4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage:
5. Any wedding news updates:
6. What is your go to healthy fast food option:
7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations:
8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!):
9. Weekly wrap up:

Replies

• Meganne1982
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Have been doing monthly weigh-ins, but gonna buy a scale sometime this week, so I can see my progress more often :)

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Rehearsals for my play are going really well, and my improv troupe is getting off the ground :)

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): No low lights. All was well :) - Just trying not to feel guilty for food indulgences on yesterday's Valentine's date, but I still stayed under with all my exercise calories!

4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: Won't be a problem. Jarron likes to eat well and work out too, and we both know we have to be mindful of portions because we both like snacking :) But, really I don't think much will change after marriage, mostly since we already co-habitate.

5. Any wedding news updates: Can't decide on a dress style!

6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: The closest thing to fast food I ever eat anymore is Jimmy Johns sandwiches, and I get unwiches. I don't really like fast food. Tip if you wanna give up fast food- read Fast Food Nation. Scariest book ever.

7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: We went to a healthy restaurant- an all organic and mostly vegetarian place, and I only got water to drink so I could eat my calories. He made me chocolate truffles, and I didn't eat too many!

8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): Good week.

9. Weekly wrap up: Good week.
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 2 pounds WOO HOO!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I finished C25K!!!!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I need help not pulling my hair out when my fiancee would rather take a nap than work out and he continues to complain that hes fat.

4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: For babies! and I want my children to grow up in a healthy home. I don't want them to have to go through what i went through in school

5. Any wedding news updates: nope nothing right now...

6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: I usually do something with chicken, grilled if possible, and I avoid fries

7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: really well, I haven't had any temptations yet, but I don't know what/if my fiancee is getting me anything

8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): I did pretty good, lucky for me i realy didn't have any temptations.

9. Weekly wrap up: I had a really good week this week, I lost 2 pounds and I am busy trying to find a new job so hopefully that works out and soon!
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: this is really hard because i cannot remember what I was last week! well I am 157.4lbs this week. Its weird that I am always .4!! i think therefore I've lost a further 2lbs.
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I went to the Spa with my mum on Friday and had a lush time!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I ahve really bad skin at the moment and I cannot sort it out. I'm probably the healthiest I've ever been and I look horrible at the moment!
    4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: well... I will be getting baby ready I expect so that's incentive enough!
    5. Any wedding news updates: none
    6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: none. I don't generally eat fast food. and if I did I wouldn't choose a healthy option on the basis that I very rarely have it so i might as well go the whole hog! for instance last time i had a macdonalds was good on two years ago....
    7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: like what? I got flowers! cant eat them!!
    8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): I did pretty well. I said no a few times and the times I didn't I carefully weighed up (no pun intended) the damage it would do and made an informed choice. I don't need to say no all the time and if I did I would be more tempted by everythign!
    9. Weekly wrap up: going to up the exercise this week now my knee feels better!
  • jpsnickel
    Options
    i'll actually reply on Thursday (my weigh-in), but I restarted C25K today. I know a couple of you have mentioned that you do it, how do you log your calories? For my own curiousity, i keep track of how many miles I went (gmap.pedometer) and how long, and I do figure out my average speed, but I don't know how accurate it is since there's bursts of jogging, but also walking mixed in.
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 7
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Will post on Thursday

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I had a great week with exercise and just saying no. I worked out 5 days and burned over 500 cal each time (a few over 1000 with hot yoga).

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I hate 4 pieces of bread with oil and cheese light night at dinner. As I was eating them I was like ugh what am I doing. I felt so guilty. :explode:

4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: I just finished a Sr. reserach project for nursing school on maternal obesity; let me tell you I did not know how many complications are possible d/t obesity during pregnany. Also, I want to look hot for my hubbie; I do not want to be that frumphy (spelling?) wife. Also, a lot of people in my fam are overweight and they just have so many medical problems; I dont want to be like that. Then, I want to be a hot mom! haha I want to be able to run around and play with my kids when they are older.

5. Any wedding news updates: Booked an appointment with a photography company for Sat when the fiance gets off of work...I am super excited. :happy:

6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: BK grilled chicken sand w/o mayo add honey mustard. McDonald's fiesta chicken salad no tortillas and with fat free dressing. I really dont eat fast food because of the quality of the products. I eat panera, chipolte, and pompei mostly. I love love love chipolte!! I usually get 2 tacos, veggie or a burrito bowl easy rice, veggie. :love:

7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: I flat out told Greg that I apperciate chocolates but I would prefer not to get any this year. He said he understood and got me a great big bunch of flowers instead. The resturuant was kind of hard...the bread on the table killed me. Greg LOVES bread and couldn't go a meal without it. I couldnt say no bread to the waiter (no could I ever as long as we are married). I am hoping to kick him of the habbit and only eat 1 or 2 slices. I think he ate about 6 ot 7!

8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): I loved it!! I would walk into the kitchen and I just said no. It was very empowering. I would always pick a healthier snack instead and it really paid off on the scale.

9. Weekly wrap up: I had a great week! Finished up with school for this session (I am on trimesters) and just have a final to take on friday. I love using my new HR monitor! I got some great complements from the owner of the yoga studio I practice at....he is really hot and he gave me a hug!! I just about passed out hahah. I had a great week and hope to continue it this week!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: None TOM is kicking me in the pee flaps

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I got to go on a hot date with my man

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I munched out

4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: Oh yeah, that's when we start to travel, I want to look hot in my vacation photos

5. Any wedding news updates: The hall will be booked at Easter, along with the DJ...the boys have decided to wear flip flops for the ceremony and sweet kicks for the reception. Thinking I'm going to get the girls some sweet kicks for the reception too.

6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: Sushi, or subway

7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: I didn't...Dave got me russel stovers chocolate so I sat in bed last night reading and eating...I only had 4 pieces but that's still 300 calories...damn the man!

8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): Um...I tried my best...did really well last weekend...

9. Weekly wrap up: Weekends are still killing me...but I have added toning and sculpting to my routine, and now my body feels like it's falling apart lol
  • scrappy11
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 2lbs :):):)
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Nothing much exciting happened...ha ha sad I know!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Notta...everything is good right now!
    4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: Hopefully that will happen....I really need to get my soon to be hubby working out!
    5. Any wedding news updates: Nope
    6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: Salad from somewhere like Wendy's or most of the time it is Subway!
    7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: Just eat in moderation or one serving size of whatever I want! :)
    8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): Good! Tempting things at work that I just said No to!!
    9. Weekly wrap up: Have a great week ladies and I hope to see you all back on here next week...you are all doing so great! :)
  • heels24
    heels24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: None, hoping to turn things around again this week.
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Motivated myself to go to yoga on Tuesday night when all I wanted to do was sit on the couch.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Ate badly 3 out of 7 days. Trying to improve on that b/c my couple of bad days always cancels out all the good days I have.
    4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: I am an all around better person when I'm being healthy...psychologically, mentally, emotionally, so my motivation to be healhty after the wedding is so I can be the best wife and person I can be.
    5. Any wedding news updates: Booked the cake baker and scheduled engagement photos.
    6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: Grilled chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-A!
    7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: My FMIL always gives me buttercream chocolates for valentine's, so now I've got the box in the back of the cabinet. If I ever do want one my goal is to just eat one and really enjoy it. Think that will be it since FH usually doesn't give chocolates and we're playing soccer tonight instead of going out to dinner.
    8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): Some days better than others, but last night was the best one. I usually eat badly on Sunday nights, b/c I'm stressed about the week ahead at work and I'm by myself. But last night I felt the urge, and was able to handle it and resist. Such an empowering feeling. Just have to start doing that more often now if I want results on the scale.
    9. Weekly wrap up: I can't tell you how great I think this group is. Keep up the great work!!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    good job ladies, I'm glad we all have something to work on and something we're doing awesome at...keep it up!
  • deamacgray
    deamacgray Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow brides! So glad I found this thread :)
    1. Name: Deanna
    2. Age: 32
    3. City: Halifax NS
    4. Occupation: Marketing Coordinator
    5. Wedding date: July 30 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Steve
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 210
    9. Goal weight and date: 140lbs
    10 Favorite Excercise: Dancing
    11. Favorite healthy food: Cauliflower

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1.2 lbs, no inches
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Valentines day date on Saturday with Steve
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): nothing
    4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: continue excercise and continued attention to caloric intake.
    5. Any wedding news updates: Bought my dress recently!
    6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: Subway Turkey and ham on flatbread...
    7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: I didn't! lol... My Fiance Steve treated me to a dinner at a high end restaurant with a chocolate buffet! I made sure I excercised that day so that I could enjoy myself guilt free :)
    8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): didn't partake in that challenge as I am new to this mission.
    9. Weekly wrap up: Had a mega big cheat day but had a great week otherwise. Did cardio 5 days straight!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): Some days better than others, but last night was the best one. I usually eat badly on Sunday nights, b/c I'm stressed about the week ahead at work and I'm by myself. But last night I felt the urge, and was able to handle it and resist. Such an empowering feeling. Just have to start doing that more often now if I want results on the scale.

I totally agree with the empowering feeling! This past week I did really good and I felt so great abou myself that I was able to do such a thing. It gets easier. I kind of don't want the ice cream sitting in the freezer. Once I dont eat something for a while I dont really miss it anymore.
  • EaglesFan521
    Options
    So I just thought you would be interested in knowing that I started Insanity today, and my Fiancee says that he is gonna do it with me. He said hes gonna do the fit test tonight while he is at work, basically his job is to sit in an empty warehouse and make sure no one breaks in. So I will be sure to let you ladies know. Tomorrow will be day 1 of the official work out so we shall see!!!!
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    So I just thought you would be interested in knowing that I started Insanity today, and my Fiancee says that he is gonna do it with me. He said hes gonna do the fit test tonight while he is at work, basically his job is to sit in an empty warehouse and make sure no one breaks in. So I will be sure to let you ladies know. Tomorrow will be day 1 of the official work out so we shall see!!!!

Im looking forward to see if he sticks with it. I hope he does! I know you can do it!!!
  • EaglesFan521
    Options

Im looking forward to see if he sticks with it. I hope he does! I know you can do it!!!

Thank you for being so positive, I am interested to see if he sticks with it too, I think the difference might be that this is gonna be in front of his face and he won't be able to escape it, unlike when i would go to the gym and he wouldn't go.
  • heels24
    heels24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Yes! That's awesome you've got your FH on board. I agree, it will help when it's right in front of his face. No avoiding it for him! And I think it will be so much better if it's something you two are doing together. That's great for motivation and accountability.
  • wannabslimbride
    Options
    Getting to know each other (Please only fill this out if you are new to the group; copy and paste this section into your post. I will post this each week for new comers.)
    1. Name: Leanne
    2. Age: 26
    3. City: Norwich
    4. Occupation: Mummy
    5. Wedding date: 31-05-13
    6. Fiancés name: Danny
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 10 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 14st 7lbs
    9. Goal weight and date: 9st by my wedding
    10. Favorite type of exercise: workout, i am going to try zumba soon!!!
    11. Favorite healthy food: erm..i dont know lol will have to find out!! does chicken count??

can't wait to get cracking, just joined this afternoon xx
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...Happy (late) Valentine's Day!

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1 pound as of Saturday. Still not sure about inches...didn't get around to measuring this weekend.

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): finace got a really good job interview that he thought he had been passed over for.

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): finace was away on this job interview on Valentine's Day. Also, my work is pretty stressful at the moment and my gym is closed for rennovation Thurs-Saturday, so I'm working on an alternate workout idea.

4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: I think the biggest challenge will be that my fiance, who at the moment is all about losing weight for the wedding, will slip back into ordering burritos all the time, and when he indulges, I let myself indulge a little. I just have to stay focused.

5. Any wedding news updates: we ordered our invites finally, and received our first gifts. I have to say that one of the most amazing things about planning a wedding is how helpful and generous people have been. Sure, some have also been not so nice, but it's the folks who have gone above and beyond who have surprised and touched us.

6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: don't really have one. I guess Subway is always an option. Or a salad if healthy dressing is available.

7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: BADLY! My work was a sea of sweet treats yesterday, and yes, I did have too many. I did manage to keep myself from going too nuts by saving some treats to parcel out through the week, and avoided having more chocolate once I got home, but still. I could have done better.

8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): I did and I didn't. Massive failure to avoid the cookies at work yesterday, and I hit the munchies a bit too hard at my friend's party on Saturday. But I was good on two other occasions that are usually hard for me, so I'm trying.

9. Weekly wrap up: booo holiday chocolate! back on track this week....
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hello Brides! I am new :)

Getting to know each other
    1. Name: Brie
    2. Age: 25
    3. City: Cincinnati
    4. Occupation: Chemist
    5. Wedding date: 22Oct11
    6. Fiancés name: Kevin
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3 years
    8. Heaviest weight: 164
    9. Goal weight and date: 137 or so ( what I weighed when I met my fiance)
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Kickboxing
    11. Favorite healthy food: Not sure, ice cream is full of calcium right? :)
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I finished C25K!!!!!

Great job! I am about half way through and the thought of running for 20min straight next week is daunting.
  • dragonfarie
    dragonfarie Posts: 84 Member
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 1 lb. I am at 35 lbs lost since I started mfp last May Woo Hoo! I also lost an inch off my waist and over an inch off my hips (last time I measured was in November)

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Feeling great with how I look. I am just starting to notice the weight loss. It makes my day. And the day I took my measurements that was a great day. :)

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Going out for pizza and beer on friday. Its always hard to say no to yummy pizza.

4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: Well I want to be a healthy weight for when we plan to have children and I want to really enjoy my life and live a long time with my honey.

5. Any wedding news updates: Nope :(

6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: I don't really eat fast food. We do go to panera sometimes and I try to order the dressing on the side of my salad so i can control how much goes on it. (they always put way too much on) and I always share my soup with my fiance.

7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: I think I did good. We went to a fish place so I made sure to get the grilled fish instead of something covered in cream sauce and worked out before hand to help battle the fact that we were going out to eat. I ended being about 25 cals over but I am still proud.

8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): I am bad at saying no. but i did take smaller portions and worked out more to be able to say a little yes. (instead of saying yes and not doing anything about the extra cals)

9. Weekly wrap up: this past week was good. Hope to stick to my exercise plans this week. :)