30 day shred

Options

Replies

• dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I AM DEFINITELY IN!! i am going to start tonight.

i have a question though. how many calories (approximate without a heart rate monitor) do people think that you burn during the workout?
    i tried to find it under exercises, but there were no listings.

any ideas?

B :flowerforyou:
  • peytonsmommi
    Options
    I don't have a HRM so I just input it in as circuit training and I think it is pretty close. I will be trying it with my mom's HRM this week just to see if it is accurate or not.
  • amandakay23
    Options
    After a serious sugar binge yesterday, I still got up and did the shred this monring, first day on level 2 and I feel amazing! I burned 321 calories, and didn't modify as much as I did last time I had tried it (which was after being very inconsistant with level one.) My goal is to be able to do the whole video with no modifications...push ups I think will be the hardest, I can only do like 4 regular, on a good day! I haven't totally kept up in here but am glad to be a part as it subconsiously motivates me for sure, keep up the great work everyone!
  • hannahncakes
    Options
    Had to take a few days off due to illness :( however starting it again tomorrow. Will technically be my day 8 but I may start at day 1 again not sure yet.

Well done to everyone who has stuck with it!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Mind if I join? Started today - did this last summer for 8 days and then quit...wish I would have kept on it! Anyhow, here I am starting it again. Not looking forward to the soreness I know I will feel tomorrow when I wake up, but I'm sure it's worth it!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    11 days straight with level 1. Very happy with that but now going away for 3 days so we will see what happens, Jillian is going into the suitcase. Have put on weight this week. 700gms. I'm ok with that as I know I ate well and exercised hard. Burnt 3,816 calories this past week. so it could be 1. Scales wrong (lol blame the equipment not the operator) 2. Hormonal, - I am 51 and for some reason I want the windows open and fans on and no one else is hot :wink: 3. Built some dam good muscle or 4. if it continues to go up, having a long talk with my doctor.
    Today I am feeling fitter and stronger and thats what counts, not the numbers on a machine or tape measure ( I did measure, no change).
    Have a lovely day everyone.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Welcome all you new people!! JOIN IN!! :drinker:

Have a great trip Jen!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    My doctor said that I need to cut back to low impact exercise. Any ideas? Should I still shred but substitute the sationary bike instead of her cardio?
  • TrinityPixie4
    Options
    Still waiting to get the 30 Day Shred, I should have it before the 28th, so when I finally do get it I will be joining in more often.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    My doctor said that I need to cut back to low impact exercise. Any ideas? Should I still shred but substitute the sationary bike instead of her cardio?
    Hm... You could do that (bike for cardio). I don't have any alternate workout ideas right now. Sorry. :flowerforyou:

Edit: D10 L1 complete! It was a cinch! L2 tomorrow!!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    I did it. Even while away, I got to do Jillian's workout. Day 12 today at Level 1. 12 days straight can't believe it. Got to do it early this morning in hotel room before going to The National Gallery which we walked around for 6 hours. It was lovely. Then finished the day at a Vietnamese Vegetarian Restaurant. It was lovely, but I was tired and so hungry and had no resistance left and over ate, way over ate. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day.:glasses:
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    What size of hand weights do you gals recommend? I've been using 5 lbs.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    What size of hand weights do you gals recommend? I've been using 5 lbs.

I've been using 3 lbs. There are some moves that I could have done heavier, but the next size up that I have is 8lbs. Some of the moves are still a struggle for me even using 3 (shoulder raises are a killer for me).
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone
    Congrats to everyone staying on the Shred track!! I finally made the time to L1D6. I had stopped for about a week and a half, but felt stonger last night. I took less breaks and just about used the weights the whole time. I only have 5 pound weights so by the end my arms are burning! Today I am sore, but excited to do Day 7. I am planning on going onto Level 2 on Tuesday. Saturday I am going snowboarding and will be gone all day and back late so an extra workout will not happen.

Does anyone think it matters that I will still be doing modified pushups into Level 2. I am pretty strong on everything else.
    Happy shredding
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Happy Shred Day (again, and again, and again) everyone!! :drinker:

Great job Jen!!! 6 hours of walking was sure to burn off a significant portion of those over-eaten cals!

irishgal... 5 lbs is excellent! Do what is comfortable, and move up if it's possible. Some of the moves, like the side lunges, I wouldn't attempt with more than 3 lbs in my case, cause they are hard on my neck. Proper form above all else!

Nicole... With the push ups, do what you feel you can do, and push it as much as you cal. Better to do several knee push ups good than even a few full push ups with bad form. For me, I think I can't progress to full push ups because of my wrist issues.
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I did it. Even while away, I got to do Jillian's workout. Day 12 today at Level 1. 12 days straight can't believe it. Got to do it early this morning in hotel room before going to The National Gallery which we walked around for 6 hours. It was lovely. Then finished the day at a Vietnamese Vegetarian Restaurant. It was lovely, but I was tired and so hungry and had no resistance left and over ate, way over ate. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day.:glasses:

Congrats on keeping up with the video during your trip. Way to go.
  • brit1329
    brit1329 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I skipped my workout yesterday. I was just in a funky mood all day. I wanted to eat everything, and I didn't want to work out at all. I've been kind of down because I lost 8 lbs. pretty easy, but pretty much since I started doing the 30 Day Shred, I haven't been losing weight. Actually my weight has just bounced around between the same 3 lbs. Then I took my measurements again yesterday and there was no change that I could see, so it just made me not want to try. Hopefully I can pick it back up this evening, and figure out why I'm not losing anything.

I've been using 3 lb. weights for most of the exercises (L2) and on the second circuit I pick up my 5 lb weights. I also still can't do regular push ups through the whole circuit on L1.
  • CurriedGrasshopper
    Options
    You all are doing awesome!
  • jellyfishjen
    Options
    DAY 13 LEVEL 1... feeling good. So glad it doesn't take much space to do the exercise in and was able to do it in the hotel room. Not sure how it would have sounded in the room beneath us as I did my jumping jacks. Enjoyed our little holiday away but glad to be home and no more buying meals.
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am super impressed you did your workout while away in a hotel room. You rock and your dedication and disicpline is inspiring!!