How do you burn 3500 calories exercising in one week?

Options
I've noticed a lot of people challenging themselves to burn 3500 calories exercising. What does your weekly workouts look like in order to burn this many calories?

Replies

• lauble
    lauble Posts: 47
    Options
    BUMP! I am interested in these answers as well!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Here's my exercise plan (weekdays @ 4:30 am, weekends @ 8 am):
    Monday, Friday*: p90x strength training at the gym.
    Tuesday, Thursday: Easy run outside
    Wednesday: Spinning at the gym
    Saturday: Tempo Run, Golf
    Sunday: Long Run, Yoga
    *Optional rest day

I generally burn 4000-4500 cals a week
  • JeepOnRock
    Options
    If I walk 4 miles a day, at 4.0mph, I'll burn a little over that... just under 3700 calories. But I'm a big guy. I think my wife burns almost that doing aerobics.
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    3 times a week I do circuit training for about 90 minutes, this gets me close to 1000 calories burned. The other days I take it a little easy
  • pkizzle7
    Options
    I try to do at least 1 hour at a brisk pace, 3.8-4.0 on the gym treadmill level 15-17 on random. It puts me a little over 1100 calories with the 5 minute cool down. I am a 250 lbs so burn will vary depending on weight. 7 x's a week
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    there are a few exercises out there where you burn 20 calories a minute or more. I can do this on the elliptical glider
  • godsgiftjcp
    Options
    I go to the gym 5 days a week for an hour. Gets me to 3200 a week. I do the eliptical for 30 and then strength training for another 30 minutes.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
  • cbear9264
    Options
    Mon, Wed Fri 60 minutes strength training and 3 miles at 5mph
    Tues - Step or kick boxing (a whopping 600 calories usually)
    Thurs - Spin class (easy to get to 600 calories)

This usually gets me to right around 3500 for the week
  • v1k1n95
    Options
    Depends on your weight. If you weigh 245 lbs (like me) it would be something like a 40 minute intense cardio session 5 times per week. I typically do the same exercises (boring i know) because I don't bore easily, which is jumping jacks and a higher intensity jogging in place. From there, if you weight less you would need more and if you weight more, you would need a little less. Keep in mind, a lot of things factor into how many calories your body burns through activity: intensity, duration, metabolism, body weight, body composition. If you check out the estimator for exercises you could get a decent idea of what it would take.
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I frequently do 60 minutes on the elliptical, which burns 600-700 a session. I'm also doing Insanity workouts, which burn 300-500 depending on the day. But before that, I was mainly an elliptical girl (off and on major knee issues!), about 5 days a week.

These days I am definitely burning about that, but it's because I'm HIGHLY motivated with a vacation coming up this weekend!
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    first off, I am far from in shape, so don't think that this is boastful, but I have been on here for three weeks and have always been well above 3500 calories burned in a week. I have a treadmill at home, and love to walk on it or around my neighborhood or state park, so I walk and walk and walk. 3-5 miles a day. I usually hop on the treadmill with my laptop on the "dashboard" and pop in a movie or go on hulu to watch TV shows. When I up the incline but keep a moderately slow pace, 3.0 or higher, I burn around 800 calories by the time the five miles are up... around 100 minutes. It's a long time, but the lower intensity allows me to work out longer and thus keep on burning. I work out six days a week and it is sometimes a challenge finding the time, but it has really become a priority and a preference. I have to take today off and I would have much preferred working out today that doing some school work, but there was no way around it...

Good Luck! You can do it!
  • jadiebabie2
    jadiebabie2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Monday morning kimax - 400-500 cals
    Tuesday Body Attack - 500-600 cals
    Wednesday Pump - 200-300 cals
    Thursday Body Attack - 500-600 cals
    Friday Wii EA sports activ - 300-400 cals
    Saturday Body Attack - 500-600 cals (Also body combat if I have nothing else on that day 500 cals)

I will often jump on a treadmil/bike for 10 mins after a class just to get an extra hundred while my heart rate is still up
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If you do it right, you can burn 10 calories PER MINUTE doing hula hooping fitness. I have reached that number on more than one occasion. That's 600 per hour. And that means 3600 calories if I do an hour a day, 6 days a week! Yahoooooo!

Not that I do that, btw!

I actually burn about 2,200 per week by exercising. Maybe a little more. I do a boot camp 5x a week for an hour and then I do hula hooping 1-2 nights a week for an hour and then I also ride a bike.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I do this challenge. Here's what my exercise looked like last week:

Weekly Goal: 3800
    Mon: 608 calories burned (80 minutes Cardio Machine Combo)
    Tues: 584 calories burned (85 minutes Cardio Machine Combo)
    Wed: 727 calories burned (76 minutes Cardio Machine Combo)
    Thur: 374 calories burned (45 minutes Elliptical Machine)
    Fri: 671 calories burned (81 minutes Cardio Machine Combo)
    Sat: 683 calories burned (93 minutes Cardio Machine Combo)
    Sun:668 calories burned (69 minutes rollerblading)

Total: 4315
    Left to go: 0 +515 over
  • jerseygirl777
    Options
    there are a few exercises out there where you burn 20 calories a minute or more. I can do this on the elliptical glider

What exercises burn that much? I need to be doing them lol!
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I run 4 days a week, On days I do not run, I swim, cycle, row, kickbox and weight train.
    I work out 6/7 days a week. I have no problems getting 3500 or more calories burned each week
  • mistawalka
    mistawalka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    For me a 30 minute treadmill run every day would clock up around 500 a day / 3500 for the week. Just did my first 10k road run this week and that hit 1100 calories - so a couple of rest days before hitting the treadmill again :)
  • choley222
    Options
    It depends on your weight but when I do kickboxing I burn over 800 calories just in that day. I work out 6 days a week and get over that number every week. I do strength training, step classes, kickboxing and running. Kickboxing is my highest calorie burner for the week.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    p90x and gym !!!!! ;).