20 random things about you

Options

Replies

• helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    1) My birthday is on cinco de mayo.
    2) I am obsessed with the color pink. Addicted. Loving pink is not just a preference, its a lifestyle.
    3) I'm a super history nerd who reads history text books for fun.
    4) I constantly quote Family Guy and have been known to have entire conversations if FG quotes only.
    5) One of my favorite things to do is play video games; mostly fighting games like Soul Calibur, Tekken, Mortal Kombat. I don't suck.
    6) My middle name, Lee, its for a colleague of my moms who she was secretly in love with and my first name means sky blue in french (or close to), chosen by my dad because he thought I would have blue eyes. He was right.
    7) I work in adult entertainment and its been great, before you judge me just realize it may not be like you think.
    8) I'm a proud atheist.
    9) 2 things on my bucket list; She Ra costume and visiting Jim Morrisons grave, separately...
    10) I love music and have extremely eclectic tastes and its not uncommon for me to listen to the same song over and over and over again.
    11) I'm from Minneapolis, currently live in Arizona. Itching to move to London.
    12) My mom is my best friend.
    13) I swear. A lot. Its not be easy not swearing on mfp.
    14) I'm really obsessed with make up and nail polish. I love it! So fun! I have huge make up stash and over 500 nail polishes. I have a pretty sweet storage set up for them.
    15) I have a Hello Kitty tattoo
    16) I'm obsessed with true crime and serial killers. Another ID channel fan.
    17) I have a lot of collections; vintage erotica, Hello Kitty anything, a lot of older or rare(ish) books
    18) I'm pretty proud of my high IQ even though I kinda tend to think IQ is a bunch of BS.
    19) One of my favorite things in life in enjoying and admiring beauty in people and places
    20) Reading over this I'm realizing I'm kinda weird. I'm fine with that. I don't really care much for normal / average. I'd rather be fabulous!
  • jjeckels
    Options
    1. I love spreadsheets
    2. My nickname in college was ‘Giggles’ :laugh: I love to laugh!
    3. I have been with my husband going on 14 years…married going on 6 years
    4. I was deemed a ‘rule follower’… It’s so true!:ohwell:
    5. I have never received a ticket and I definitely speed.
    6. I love to sing and dance even though my skills need major improvements:embarassed:
    7. My husband is my best friend.:heart:
    8. I love to play sports
    9. I enjoy arts and crafts
    10. I am the CFO of an International Marketing Company.
    11. I made the All-Star Team for WI as a short-stop with a BA over 600 my senior year in HS.
    12. My family means the world to me
    13. I am frugal
    14. I think Credit Cards should come with directions:grumble:
    15. I love helping others become successful
    16. My college’s graduating class was 44 (BS in Civ. Eng), only 4 were ladies!
    17. I paid my way thru 5 years of college by officiating JV/Varsity Volleyball and Basketball games
    18. I can’t wait to be a mommy
    19. I love public speaking
    20. I love learning…I strive to constantly expand my thought process on a daily basis.
    :bigsmile:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I love numbers 4,5,13,15,16,22, and 25. Oh and I'm the ***** of my family cause i don't let anyone get away with shady ****.

That's what's up. I'm the black sheep of mine...or formerly was a black sheep. Lol.

lol...Me too! Are you both the youngest?

guilty as charged

I'm the black sheep and the oldest : )

Ditto. I'm the 1st born, black sheep, yet oddly enough, still the favorite between my brother and myself. It's unspoken, but we all know it's true. Sadface for him. Haha.

As an added bonus, I'm the 2nd most notorious black sheep out of ALL of my relatives [extended family members], right next to my cousin. The eyes begin glaring when they see him and me just having a conversation...probably because we were usually up to no good. :devil:
  • tater8589
    Options
    1. Fav color is black
    2. I'm military (my husband is also)
    3. My mom is my best friend
    4. I own a small zoo (not literally, but I have a lot of pets)
    5. I miss Texas
    6. My biggest fear is being alone
    7. I want to have a job helping people
    8. I have 9 tattoos and 8 piercings
    9. I am allergic to Lemons, Ginger, and Adhesive
    10. I own my dream car
    11. One of my dreams is to visit Japan
    12. I am a Christian
    13. One of my role models is Marilyn Monroe
    14. I refuse to pay more than $30 for a purse
    15. I graduated in a (high school) class of 22 (k-12 400 kids, very small town)
    16. My first 'car' was a Hot Pink 94 Chevy S-10
    17. Fav flowers are lilies
    18. I am 4 years older than my husband
    19. I graduated Barbizon Modeling school the same year I graduated High School.
    20. I am DCA (Diamond Council of America) Certified in Diamonds and Gemstones, and spent 5 years in the Jewelry industry
  • tater8589
    Options

14. The majority of my real life friends all use me.

sad :(

I know. I'm one of those friends that are ridiculously good to their friends. I'm always there, I'm always on their team but when it comes to me needing something they disappear. I'm used to it.

I'm right there with ya'll. I have become very bad about not asking for help when I need it cause I don't expect anyone to step up. Its less dissapointing if I don't ask them.
  • jtgill
    jtgill Posts: 48
    Options
    How fun!
    1. I CHOSE to marry young
    2. I CHOSE to have children as soon as we got married :)
    3. My husband and children are God's greatest gift to me!
    4. I have become very numb to life
    5. I HATE running!
    6. Someone could tell me that someone I love just died and I could keep it together but the second I hear a song that reminds me
    of them I will bawl my eyes out!
    7. I am adopted, and lucky to be!
    8. If I had my dream job I would be an OBGYN with patients who only gave birth on weekdays between 8 and 6 lol
    9. I would LOVE to own our own home and put down roots instead of moving all the time!
    10. I am lazier and not nearly as strong as people think I am
    11. I thought this said 10 things LOL!!!
    12. My husband is my high school sweetheart and my hero
    13. I would LOVE a large soaking tub for nightly baths with bubbles and a glass of wine!
    14. I find calorie "watching" MUCH easier than I thought it would be!
    15. In school I was an honor roll student, and now I am lucky if I remember my birthdate!
    16. I have gray hairs ALREADY!
    17. I cry when no one is looking
    18. I am a facebook addict!
    19. High school SUCKED for me!
    20. I still can't believe that my kids are really MY kids!
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    1. I have five sisters and one is my fraternal twin.
    2. I can write backwards.
    3. I have a phobia about needles; I usually pass out.
    4. I didn't have a pet until I was in high school because my mom was allergic. Have had animals ever since.
    5. I am a die hard Buffalo Bills fan. Through their good years and bad, I will always root for them.
    6. I love Broadway shows. Out of the ones I have seen, Wicked ranks number 1.
    7. I have a bunch of friends from all over that I travel with once a year. A location is designated and we all converge!
    8. I am a pretty good poker player and love playing with the boys.
    9. I have only had three jobs over the last 28 years.
    10. I am hooked on Tim Horton's coffee, even though we can't get it here in Florida. When I visit Buffalo, I am there at least 3 times a day.
    11. I am known as Betty Crocker at work as I used to bake at Christmas time, probably 20-30 different cakes, cookies, pies, etc. My most requested recipe is a Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake (not non-fat),
    12. I am a Ghost Hunters junkie. My husband thinks I watch the show just because of Grant and Jason.
    13. I helped raise my youngest niece and nephew until they were in school. Very proud aunt.
    14. My favorite movie is Some Like It Hot.
    15. My husband and I fell in love in 1983 and I broke up with him (stupid me!). We connected back on Facebook at the end of 2009/beginning of 2010, fell back into love and were married in October.
    16. My favorite music group is Manhattan Transfer, with matchbox20 coming in a close second.
    17. I am an anglophile.
    18. I met and had dinner with Ioan Gruffudd and a few other actors from A&E's Horatio Hornblower series on the actual ship they filmed on. It was pretty cool.
    19. I can watch shows over and over, especially Bravo reality shows.
    20. My parents expected a big boy so they didn't have any girls names picked out. So when my twin and I were born, they let me older sisters name us.
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    1. i have a super awesome 13 year old son.
    2. having a teenager makes me feel really old. and sad.
    3. i hate chick flicks.
    4. i find the office hysterically funny.
    5. my cat hates me.
    6. i work in IT.
    7. i met my husband at wal-mart.
    8. i have one sister, one step-sister, and a step-brother.
    9. my mom lives in nigeria.
    10. i spend way too much time playing on the computer. and watching tv.
    11. clutter makes me anxious and irritated.
    12. i am a recovering farmville addict (6 mos.+ clean).
    13. i have never tried drugs.
    14. one of my biggest pet peeves is people making annoying noises (clicking pens, chomping ice, car alarms that honk, etc).
    15. another pet peeve is people who wear way too much cologne or perfume.
    16. i love watching cooking shows but hate to cook.
    17. i used to play the violin.
    18. i eat ice cream almost every single day (thank goodness for skinny cow).
    19. i love the smell of fresh cut grass, clean laundry, flowers, and dirt.
    20. my dinner's waiting for me, got to go!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    1. I used to be a city bus driver. Best. Job. EVER.
    2. I can wiggle my pinkie toes independently of my other toes. I discovered this while sitting barefoot on the floor listening to music, and I just randomly started to make them dance to the beat.
    3. I can't cross my eyes.
    4. I used to have my navel pierced, which was weird because I was always embarrassed by my stomach so I never showed it to anybody.
    5. I was once on the Montel Williams show. He wasn't very nice.
    6. I've said it on these boards before, but I can't eat raw veggies. When I bite into them it makes me gag. I am getting better about it though -- I can now eat baby spinach, tomato slices, and shredded lettuce on sandwiches. Not all at the same time.
    7. When I was a kid, I had such bad allergies that I could barely hear due to the fluid in my ears. I learned to speak early though, by reading lips. I couldn't understand people unless I could see their mouths.
    8. "Clue" is one of my favorite movies, but I don't really like playing the board game.
    9. I am currently doing this little survey so I can avoid doing laundry before I take the kids to a playdate. I am the queen of procrastination.
    10. I can't eat shellfish of any kind. Not because I'm allergic or anything, but just because the idea totally grosses me out.
    11. Correction: I CAN eat shrimp. But only if it's breaded. If I can see their little veiny things, it's all over.
    12. I can go weeks without a craving for sweets, but if I take one bite of chocolate or candy or cake or whatever, I can't stop eating sugary stuff for the rest of the day.
    13. I only own one pair of white socks, and they're not even "normal" -- they're knee socks. The rest of my socks all have patterns.
    14. My feet grew a full size during my second pregnancy. I'm short with size 9 feet. I look like a capital L.
    15. I really don't like coffee, but I drink it every day. It's tolerable with flavored creamer and sugar, and I need the caffeine.
    16. I am going to be 30 at the end of the summer, and it's shocking to me because quite honestly, I never thought I'd live to the age of 30. I was sure I'd get run over by a bus or something before now.
    17. The only reason I don't want more kids is because the first two didn't sleep more than an hour or two at a stretch until they were 18 months old. If I have to go another year and a half without sleeping I think I'd have to be committed.
    18. I am terrible about losing sunglasses. My all-time record was when I bought a pair in the mall, and lost them in the very next store we visited.
    19. Ever since having kids, I can't watch horror films. I have nightmares.
    20. I misnumbered this thing 4 times and had to keep correcting it. I'm kind of glad I'm done. :laugh:
  • mistawalka
    mistawalka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    blue eyes
    blonde hair (who am I kidding, NO hair)
    hate cats
    cats love me
    favourite number - 42 (same reason as Taso)
    favourite author - yep Douglas Adams
    favourite Country visited - Holland
    must visit - USA / Bali
    member of the brady bunch - 3 daughters 3 step-sons
    best and worst trait - persistant / obstinate
    g33k
    n3rd
    did I mention I was l33t?
    favourite accronym - FSM
    religion - pastafarian (See Flying Spaghetti Monsters)
    pets - chickens / chuahuahua dogs
    politics - see religion
    recovering 'Tribal Wars' addict
    favourite food - anything with chili / curry
    age - see favourite number
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    1. I am a control freak. I thought I had gotten better, but no, I'm still a control freak.
    2. I can do almost any home maintenance/home improvement work, I just don't always want to (and am not always great at it.)
    3. I make great plans, but my follow-through is lacking.
    4. I hate to exercise- don't kill me!- but I do it and I feel good having done it. I just dread it and would stop in a heartbeat if my health and weight would continue to improve without it.
    5. My kids are my greatest success and I couldn't be prouder of them.
    6. Animals love me, but people don't get me usually.
    7. I seldom feel lonely when alone, but often when I am in a group or social situation.
    8. God is very important to me, but I've been neglecting Him lately.
    9. I can keep my cool in real emergencies, but might lose it over little irritations.
    10. I have 6 cats, one of whom I often sleep cuddling like a stuffed animal.
    11. I have 2 bachelor's and 2 master's degrees.
    12. I love to sleep and would probably sleep 12 hours a day if I had my way.
    13. and 14. I love to travel and can't wait to go away this summer for my 25th anniversary.
    15. I've delivered about 350 babies. I miss it sometimes.
    16. I'm a WWII buff, but from the psychological perspective. I could have spent all day and then some at the Holocaust Museum in DC.
    17. My mother lives with me, and some times it drives me batty.
    18. I'm actually having trouble coming up with 20, how silly is that?
    19. I never learned to knit.
    20. You know how every family has a crazy aunt or uncle everyone tries to avoid? I am that person in my family.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I am adopted.
    I am from Cleveland, Ohio
    I live in Newark, Delaware.
    I was a vet tech for 7 years
    I am obessed with my stomach ( when I was thinner)
    I have a 2 year old yorkie, named Fiona, she is my life.
    I hate spiders, clowns, and snakes.
    I have an amazing boyfriend, whom I do anything for.
    I would like to be engaged, but has never talked to my boyfriend about marriage!
    I am currently unemployed, and need to find a job by next month
    I would like to become an ultrasound tech
    I am obsessed with my BB and iPad
    I havent seen my older sister in 10 years
    Two and a half men are always on at our house
    I have very low self esteem
    I am very random
    I want more tattoos
    I love animals
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I am adopted.
    I am from Cleveland, Ohio
    I live in Newark, Delaware.
    I was a vet tech for 7 years
    I am obessed with my stomach ( when I was thinner)
    I have a 2 year old yorkie, named Fiona, she is my life.
    I hate spiders, clowns, and snakes.
    I have an amazing boyfriend, whom I do anything for.
    I would like to be engaged, but has never talked to my boyfriend about marriage!
    I am currently unemployed, and need to find a job by next month
    I would like to become an ultrasound tech

Last 2......

I love being goofy and crazy at all time possible
    I don't know if I'll have kids!
    I am obsessed with my BB and iPad
    I havent seen my older sister in 10 years
    Two and a half men are always on at our house
    I have very low self esteem
    I am very random
    I want more tattoos
    I love animals
  • Denise6914
    Options
    1. I am adopted.
    2. I'm left-handed.
    3. I have a huge fear of crickets.
    4. I love to read.
    5. I'm afraid of heights.
    6. I've never been on a roller-coaster.
    7. I have 3 tattoos.
    8. I have one older brother.
    9. I'm recently divorced.
    10. I'm a certified pharmacy technician.
    11. My favorite t.v. show is I Love Lucy.
    12. I have a son and daughter, ages 4 and 6.
    13. I live in Tennessee.
    14. My toes pop every time I bend them...loudly.
    15. I have one birthmark on my right leg.
    16. My parents live about a mile from me.
    17. I secretly fear I will never remarry and will die alone.
    18. I was a clogger for about 12 years.
    19. I'm told I have a good sense of humor.
    20. I have no pets.
  • girl_brett
    girl_brett Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    This is so very intresting to see how many people have things in common and are truly unique! I will go through tomarrow when I have more time!
  • jenh1101
    Options
    1) I have a difficult time saying no
    2) My two favorite colors are purple and hunter green
    3) I've known my closest friends for more than 15 years
    4) I think I'm the only person who can clean my house the right way
    5) I don't really enjoy going out to restaurants
    6) I'm almost always reading 2 books
    7) I knew I was going to marry my husband after our first phone conversation
    8) I really want to learn how to play hockey and guitar
    9) I would love to go to Italy and Greece someday
    10) I always wanted to be a stay at home mom
    11) I love, LOVE music
    12) I'm most comfortable in warmups and a tshirt
    13) I haven't been on a real vacation in almost 10 years
    14) I would rather text than talk on the phone
    15) I keep my toenails painted at all times
    16) I'm terrified of bridges and needles (even though I have a tattoo and had epidurals with all my kids
    17) I could watch Knocked Up everyday
    18) I have to have my coffee in the morning
    19) I love redecorating my house
    20) I'm a good listener
  • kcampbell453
    kcampbell453 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Here are my 20 random things!

1. I'm afraid of heights, although this has just developed in the last few years!
    2. I'm afraid of swimming pools, again no idea why, and this has just happened recently too!
    3. I have a sunflower tattoo on my right foot.
    4. I love Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs (yeah, I know, not the best thing to mention on here!!)
    5. I have a Golden Retriever named Hank.
    6. I have my CCW permit
    7. I carry a .380
    8. I'm a licensed massage therapist
    9. I have two kids, both born on the same date, 5 years apart ( no it wasn't planned, one was 6 weeks early, one was 2 weeks early! )
    10. I've been married for 8 years
    11. I've never been to a pro football game
    12. I performed at the Indianapolis Colts stadium as the field commander of our marching band
    13. I pick my nose.
    14. I'm a Gleek
    15. I love to listen to Christian Music
    16. I hate to do housework and put laundry away
    17. I love to lay on the beach in the sun ( yeah, not much of that around here in Ohio)
    18. I secretly want to be Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider
    19. I have a crush on Vin Diesel
    20. I'm glad I don't have to do more than 20 because I'm out of random thoughts about myself!!
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    1. I was married for the first time at 18 and divorced by 21.
    2. I have two preteen children that are AMAZING!
    3. I have lived in Maine for my entire life, but long to live in NYC or San Francisco.
    4. I have 3 tattoos and am craving my next.
    5. I want to learn how to play guitar.
    6. I want to learn how to shoot a gun.
    7. My favorite number is 6.
    8. I am an only child.
    9. I am friends with every one of my ex's.
    10. I am married to a wonderful man, but always feel like I might be missing out on something.
    11. I want to go on a cruise.
    12. I have been to MANY concerts....everything from Marilyn Manson to Garth Brooks.
    13. My new favorite band is My Darkest Days.
    14. I want to be fit enough someday to wear a bikini.
    15. I only have a few friends, but they mean the world to me and I would do anything for them at anytime.
    16. I can't walk by a salvation army bell ringer at Christmas time without putting money in the red container.
    17. I went to Japan for 2 weeks when I was in 8th grade and would love to go back.
    18. I love chocolate covered espresso beans.
    19. I had my first child during my senior year of high school and really learned who my true friends were at that time.
    20. I love to laugh.
  • simplyxaddicted
    simplyxaddicted Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I live in a place that is named one of the most beautiful in Canada ( Perce Rock Quebec) GOOGLE IT~ :)
    I am a huge procrastinator
    I hate waking up early
    I have a daughter that is 10 months old
    I hate going to the outside in the winter time
    I live in a town where no one speaks my language ... ( i mean no one ! lol )
    I am too nice at times, I cant say NO to anyone!
    I dance around all day long at home acting like a fool trying to burn calories
    I hate being cold
    I hate negativity
    I have mismatched socks on
    I am engaged
    I am double jointed in my fingers
    I have absolutley no talent...
    I havent had cable/satellite in my apartment for a year
    I hate being alone
    I love trying on MY old clothes to see if they fit me
    I love sleeping
    I hardly ever get sick
  • acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea!

1. I am a mommy to two kiddos (2yo and 5yo).
    2. I am a wife to David since August 11, 2001.
    3. I have a master's in education
    4. I am a runner.
    5. I want to lose my last 10+ lbs here...!
    6. I love the summer time!
    7. I love to bake!
    8. I love to swim!
    9. I love the beach!
    10. I live in VA.