Lose a Dozen by Easter! Starts 2/13/11 Join Us!

Options

Replies

• Brighteyes_7916
    Options
    Wednesday goal is complete!

Drank 10 cups of water
    Total of 45 mins cardio- 20 mins 30 day shred level 1 and 25 minute jog outside!
    I usually have no problem staying under my cals so that is not a problem for me.
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I had no problem with getting my water in today !
    Exercise i danced to the just dance 2 for 30 minutes something is wrong with my tv and the wii does not work .
    I am under my calories today also !
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY: I affectionately call this H20 Tuesdays!!

12 Cups Water!--I had only 10 cups of water
    45 Minutes activity--- I only had 40 minutes
    Under Calories! ---Yes, I was under calories

Bonus: Why did you choose to join this challenge?
    I chose this challenge as an incentive to continue my weightloss journey. I still have 47 lbs. to lose and I figured the more motivation that I have, the better!

WEDNESDAY:

10 Cups Water--I'm working on 8 right now, but will have 10 before the night is over
    45 Minutes Cardio! --I've done 65 minutes so far and will *hopefully* do some more after dinner
    Under Calories--Yes, under calories

Bonus: Tell how taking steps to become more healthy will affect your life, family and friends!

It has already affected my immediate family (husband and 2 sons) because I am more active and am trying to feed them healthier too!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Not to be a Debbie Downer but I'm having a little pity party over here. We are having tons of problems with our younger son-in the grand scheme of things, his problems are miniscule and will go away, but they are causing incredible amounts of stress for our family. So last night, after 2 hours of yelling, arguing, nagging, tears, etc. I just was NOT in the mood to cook my lovely healthy dinner I had planned and I caved and said "let's get take-out". My husband wanted Steak and Shake and since I had a salad for lunch I didn't want another one for dinner. I checked out the menu, found a couple of things that fit my calories and ate them. I closed out my diary under my calories. Then more arguing ensued. And there were onion rings on the counter. Next to the french fries. And a fiber one bar for some chocolate. So I was sitting on my couch watching the recorded Glee so mad at myself as I continued to munch away on stuff that was truly NOT calorie worthy! All this knowing that this is gonna be a big food week for me: Bunco tonight with my friends, lunch for another friend's birthday, my son's 16th birthday, etc..... So I said I came in under cal. for Tuesday because I had no intention of eating all those calories and I can't even begin to tell you how many OVER I was because I never opened up my diary again to enter everything. Alright, enough whining. Thank you and on to our regularly scheduled program:

WEDNESDAY:

10 Cups Water- done
    45 Minutes Cardio! Did a double spin class today so 90 minutes cardio. I'm in the 3500 calorie burned challenge and set my goal this week to burn 4800. I so wanted to quit after the first class but knew I would never meet my goal of 4800 if I did, so I stuck it out.
    Under Calories -I have 1500 left and it's 6:30 -HOWEVER I am going to Bunco tonight so there will be food I have no idea what the ingredients are and alcohol so I"m hoping I don't consume 1500 calories (thank goodness for that double spin now!) but I have no idea!

Bonus: Tell how taking steps to become more healthy will affect your life, family and friends!

Well, on a positive note, I feel wonderful (other than my pity party!). I have so much energy, I sleep really well, my skin looks good and clothes fit me great. My self confidence is at an all time high from so many folks complimenting me on my weight loss and saying how great I look. I'm so excited to go to my high school reunion this year knowing I will look good and even more excited that I won't have to do some crazy crash diet like I did the last time. On the down side, my family is sick to death of eating healthy (too bad, so sad) and they want me to be "fun" again. My husband is still not supportive and even asked me the other day if I planned to lose 10-15 MORE lbs. Uhh, no. So I truly need MFP and the support I get from these challenges and my friends on here. Have a lovely evening and thanks for being my friends!
  • elledoll
    elledoll Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY:

10 Cups Water✔
    45 Minutes Cardio✔(Turbofire 45ez class+stretch 10)
    Bonus: Hopefully I will be able to inspire family members who always TALK about losing weight but never actually take the steps to do so.
    Under calories✔
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm in, albeit a bit late! I'm in Australia so sometimes I won't post at the right time, but will do my best.

Starting weight: 175.6 pounds (yikes! When I first joined MFP I got down to 136 and I'm aiming to get down there again!)

WEDNESDAY: (this was yesterday for me)

10 Cups Water- got to 15. It was hot here and I needed the hydration!

45 Minutes Cardio- I'm lucky to work next to the city river on one side and the botanic gardens on the other. I did a great walk!

Under Calories - Ended up going over by 120.

Bonus- I just want to wear my closetful of clothes I can't fit into! Plus my boyfriend will be happy to see me feel more confident in less clothes :)
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    Wednesday
    Water did it
    Not really cardio but P90X 80 min and a 15 min fast walk I'm counting that as done
    Under calories did it

Hopefully my son will stay slim and health because he saw me not so slim and not so health. And my husband has started going to the gym so me looking better has already motivate him, even if he's ever told me that i look better.
  • welcominganewself
    Options
    Ok my little Easter Bunnies.... I'm going to post some challenges for the rest of the week for you as I have promised!

MONDAY: Happy Valentine's Day! Post your initial weigh ins.

TUESDAY: I affectionately call this H20 Tuesdays!!

12 Cups Water!
    45 Minutes activity--- (you choose today! Report what you did,. If you need to break it up into 15 minute segments!)
    Under Calories!

Bonus: Why did you choose to join this challenge? I so look forward to getting to know each of you!

WEDNESDAY:

10 Cups Water
    45 Minutes Cardio! --(Go to a class at the gym if you have a membership! or Take a long walk!)
    Under Calories

I'll post more as the week continues!

I love these daily challenges, thanks. Is there going to be one for Thursday and Friday, maybe I missed them.
  • ChopperandMads
    ChopperandMads Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    would love to join this challenge. Starting weight is 144
  • tetymi36
    tetymi36 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too would love to be part of this challenge.

SW - 163
    CW 163
    lose 2lbs a week
    Ultimate goal 145 lbs.

I am ready!!!
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY:

10 Cups Water

*** Got the water in!! And then some!! :)

45 Minutes Cardio! --(Go to a class at the gym if you have a membership! or Take a long walk!)

*** No cardio. :( Still feeling down from strep. I'm pretty sure I can get some in tomorrow. :)

Under Calories

*** Yep. Under calories!!

*** My main goal for being healthy is getting my heart stronger because I have an autoimmune disease. That will prolong my life as well as improve my quality of life. I will be able to do more things with my family and friends!! I also hope my healthy behaviors rub off on my family and friends. I think it has already helped some. My family has no choice!! I buy the food! LOL
  • Smith3803
    Smith3803 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. Hope it's not to late! SW is 178.6
  • jsa_momto3
    jsa_momto3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wednesday challenge:

45 cardio: Hour on elliptical
    On glass number 9 will have glass 10 by bedtime.

I'm doing the challenge so I feel better in my clothes. I'm cheap so I don't want to buy the next size up. But will be willing to buy the next size down, knowing cause I'm cheap, won't want to out'grow' those clothes. Also have much more energy to play with my kids and healthier so I can be around for a long long time.
  • KateHumphrey
    Options
    I just made those ten cups of water! Lol. But I wamlked for an hour, and played soccer with my son for a half hour. Was under calories, but also super proud that I got 1600 two days in a row! Working so hard to bring those numbers up where they're supposed to be...

These changes are already changing our lives! My son eats meat, and that's completely changed his behavior! I eat fruits and actually eat...lol. and we're already so much happier and full of energy (though that wasn't a problem for him lol). My aunt has been inspired, and switched from soda to water, and has been going to the gym :) and it's only been a few weeks... Rest of my life, here I come!!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Everyone has been added to the spread sheet up to this point!
  • KateHumphrey
    Options
    Everyone has been added to the spread sheet up to this point!

You really are fantistic!!! Thanks so much for doing this for all of us :)
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hello All, and happy Wednesday to everyone!

10 cups of water-DONE +
    45 mins of cardio-DONE-but the treadmill was killing me...I need some new shoes :ohwell:
    Under Calories-You betcha!

My biggest step is too be healthy...I'm 42, no children, and all I've ever wanted was to be a Mommy! SO, if I EVER get to be so blessed, I most DEFINITELY need to lose the extra weight I'm carrying around first. This would affect my Mother by making her a Grandma, which would make her VERY happy!! LOL I also have a very active boyfriend, and although I am able to keep up with him now, I'd like to be able to do more with him, and not have to be aware of my sore knees, or being out of breath.

Thanks so much to Posh & Diamonds for all your hard work!!! :flowerforyou:
  • paulandrea
    paulandrea Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    10 Cups Water✔
    50 Minutes Cardio✔(Zumba dance)
    Bonus: Hopefully I will be able to inspire my husband who was eating a guava pastry a la mode, meanwhile i was eating salad
    Under calories✔

what is the goal for tomorrow??
  • DawnMarie1970
    DawnMarie1970 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Tuesdays challenge I did not see until tonight....so here it goes:

9 glasses of water
    2 hours of cardio ( tae bo, walking, on treadmill, light cleaning)

Wednesdays challenge:

10 glasses of water
    1 hour of cardio (30 min. stretching, and 30 min of calisthenics) I know that it wasn't much, but it was done with my PT person....and she worked me hard!!!! I'm really hurting tonight :sad:
  • DawnMarie1970
    DawnMarie1970 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say that both nights, I was under my calories :smile: