Tattoos

Options

Replies

• jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...... okaaay... I have 2 tats, both special to me. One is a Unicorn (put on before they became too popular) 'cause I love to play :tongue: the other is a very special one, done with just the right person (:love: duh, of course it's Ezzie :love: ) and it's the head of a panther. One of her nicknames for me is the "Big Cat". And no, your not going to know, but it's totally appropriate in a very highly cool way.

I think that my next tat is going to be a Mayan eagle in between my shoulder blades. Again, something very personal, and creative, and this one will be seen in public! Well, once I feel comfortable enough to take off my shirt again, that's a goal for me. So one day when you hear that I got that tat, it means that I have finally reached a very major goal of being in like with my own body again! :wink:
  • jlwhelan1
    Options
    Hmmm, choose to put mine at the base of my spine. Figured that way it wouldn't be effected by weight gain/loss and the ravages of old age:grumble: ....Plus it can be either public or private.

I did the same thing Ezzie...although how I thought to do that at 22 amazes me. I've had it 15 years now and it still looks great. It didn't get a single stretch mark from the HUGE pregnancy gain while on bedrest with my second child.

I have a rubrum lily with two leaves. Between a pedal and a leaf I have a spider web with a black widow on it... in it's entirety it means a lot to me and I've never regretted it.

I'm so glad I didn't do the first thing I thought of which was taz on my breast.:laugh:

taz.jpg
  • AdreaDawn
    Options
    My first tattoo was a tiger because on the Chinese calandar I was born the year of the tiger, and my personality really associates with the behaviors of a tiger.
  • nichols
    nichols Posts: 240
    Options
    tattoos are addicting and have to have some meaning to u. i have three . #1 a cross on my left chest with a crown of thorns hung over it with my kids names and the words U ONLY GET ONE LIFE around it. that reminds me everyday that my kids come first and that u must make the most out of the life u have before its gone. live everyday like its your last because it mite be. plus if i was ever shot in the heart on duty. i figured the bullet would have to go through the cross first.#2 a lone wolf crying at the moon with a night sky and trees on my right arm. this reminds me of the feeling i felt when my wife left me and i felt all alone. its a reminder to never be the one responsible to cause anyone to feel that hurt ever. and#3 an angel on my back. upper half of the body is realistic with his hands pointing upward and the bottom is like a beam of lite that runs down my spine a little, like he is shooting into the air. his left side has white angel wings and brite blue skies and white clouds while his right side has red devil like wings with red dark skies. this one represents the balance between the good and evil that lives in us all and reminds me to live for the good side even when things are at thier worst. it also reminds me of the fight i fight every time i put on my uniform and why i do it.

when people see your tattoo theyll just say that it is cool or pretty or whatever they mite say and admire it, but in your heart u will know what it represents to u. good luck in your choice. im sure you will find the rite one.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Just wanted to say good luck with your decision
    I got a shark when I was 17/18 and regretted it for a while...I've always been amazed by them
    BUT now my 4 1/2 yr ols id OBSESSED with sharks....so, I guess it was meant to be :)

I've been debating another for about 15yrs and just can't make up my mind
    don't be TOO indecisive
    I really want one on th einside of my wrist, but don't know if that's too 'much' for me?

Let us know what u decide...
    Kim
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    make sure it means something to you, just in case you realize you don't want anymore tattoos after that one.... money has always been an issue for me on getting tattoos and i wanted my first one to mean alot, so i have my boy's handprint on my chest, now i want a ton of tattoos and i ain't got the cashflow for it, and i don't have any tattoo artist friends lol
    IMG_0273ghhghg.jpg

Oh my that made me catch my breath. Little tear too:cry:

That is just so beautiful. I usally do not go for tatoos, but geez, that one is spectacular. What great artsmanship, too.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am Irish and have 3 children.

I want a 3 leaf clover with a rainbow on my ankle. Because I feel very lucky to have 3 great kids!

I am such a dork I dont know if I would get kicked out of Docs (our local tatoo parlor) before I could tell them what I want! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I can hear it now. No, REALLY J, YOU want a TATOO????

I AM kewl:smokin: , and groovy, and awsome pawsome. Dude.
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    I AM kewl:smokin: , and groovy, and awsome pawsome. Dude.

that's what I've been saying all along dudette! Hugz >:D<
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    My first tattoo was a tiger because on the Chinese calandar I was born the year of the tiger, and my personality really associates with the behaviors of a tiger.

And your 2nd tattoo?

A Roman Legionarre that bore an uncanny resemblance to Russel Crowe. Oh.. wait a sec....
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

And your 2nd tattoo?

A Roman Legionarre that bore an uncanny resemblance to Russel Crowe. Oh.. wait a sec....

:laugh:
  • pecksun8
    Options
    Please don't get a name put on your body, it's like the kiss of death. Look at some of the Tatt magazines and the bookstore and get an idea of what you really like, then visit a few tatt shops and look through the style books and find an artist that you really like. Usually when you go to an artist and you give them an opportunity to be creative, you will end up with a much more interesting and cool tattoo. Most artist don't care to do the cut and paste tatts from the quick look books, where you go in see a flower and they just reproduce it. Most of the time you will end up with an eprentice because they need the practice.

Find a few ideas that you love, find a great tatt shop, with tatt artist that you have seen their portfolio and really like their work, and give them your ideas and let them run with it!

Here are my three, well two...ones a cover up...

covertatt-1.jpg
    fishtatt-1.jpg
  • AdreaDawn
    Options

And your 2nd tattoo?

Is a blue cross with the medical symbol in it, and R is on the left side of the cross and N is on the right because I recently got my Registered Nurse licesence!

My third (still in planning) is a bee that my dad and I are both getting to symbolize our relationship (he used to coach my soccer team the "bumble bees" and it is something that he and I have that he doesn't share with my siblings.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    [
    Is a blue cross with the medical symbol in it, and R is on the left side of the cross and N is on the right because I recently got my Registered Nurse licesence!

My third (still in planning) is a bee that my dad and I are both getting to symbolize our relationship (he used to coach my soccer team the "bumble bees" and it is something that he and I have that he doesn't share with my siblings.

I have a bee!! i love it. It is technically flying out of my pants on my hip LOL but it symbolizes my middle name, Melissa...if i can find a pic of it, i will post it. I also have stars on my achilles, Musical swirl on my back and a henna colored/styled trinity design across my sternum.
    1511722419_m.jpg
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! That is beautiful!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Hey soup - saw these black-light tattoos.... Almost invisible during day, but at night with light - ooooh lala
    ht_tattoo2_060821_ssh.jpg
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! That is beautiful!

thanks CB!! its my favorite one, and id love to have it added to! you can kinda see it here too n44101966_31814848_5973.jpg
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    Hey soup - saw these black-light tattoos.... Almost invisible during day, but at night with light - ooooh lala
    ht_tattoo2_060821_ssh.jpg
    that is most awesome... i would get some of the tattoos i want in that ink, could actually have them in the places i want wiithout it beinga big deal....:bigsmile:
  • Jackiemal
    Jackiemal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone one else, the tat has to mean something to you. I plan on getting a butterfly with the word 'Fly' below it, because I like the symbolizm. I'm just holding out because I want to get it on my chest area and don't know where they will be once I lose my weight. :laugh:

Jackie

89924.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

'How does one become a butterfly?, she asked. 'You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.'