sexual activity

Options
why is this not included under exercise? anyone know how many calories are burned?

Replies

• rebrafe
    Options
    I think it depends on how much energy you expend while doing it, so it would be tough to answer that question b/c everyone does things differently..

In the past, I have logged it as physical activity @ 100-200 calories.
  • vsangel87
    vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    haha i was wondering the same thing the other day. i actually looked it up, and came across this site: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

It has all kinda of exercises and sexual intercourse is one of them :) I guess most people are just too embarassed to admit they had sex. haha
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    why is this not included under exercise? anyone know how many calories are burned?

search under "sex"
  • kristinwalker
    kristinwalker Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I did a general online search and found a few good sites for calculating sex. I then put it in my diary as "general cardio" and adjust the calories accordingly since I share my diary a lot with family...they don't need to know when and how long.:wink:
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I log mine as dancing - general :laugh:
  • StephanieBFree
    StephanieBFree Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You know it is so funny that it is such a taboo topic and we all want to know. I am soooo tempted to try it tonight with my HRM on to really get an idea. I wonder if my hubby would be up for it? If he is I will tell you what the calorie burn was.
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You know it is so funny that it is such a taboo topic and we all want to know. I am soooo tempted to try it tonight with my HRM on to really get an idea. I wonder if my hubby would be up for it? If he is I will tell you what the calorie burn was.

Have home wear one too so we can know who does all the work in your relationship :)

Jk but I'm sure it would be different for both people even though you're doing the same thing at the same time.

Personally, I wouldn't log it... I'd just consider them bonus calories.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I log mine as dancing - general :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I never thought of that. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I seriously never even log it. I don't log house cleaning either, even though that one is in the log. I just figure it's one of those things that I am going to do, it's not something I count as exercise because I am not doing it for the calorie burn. :bigsmile: I only count those things I do for the calorie burn as exercise, like when I go to the gym, run, ride a bike, do Turbo Kick, P90X, etc.

That's just me, though. :flowerforyou:
  • Craigus351
    Craigus351 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Search "Horizontal Recreation"
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Does it depend of whether you're on top? :devil:
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options

The debates around this I feel center around the whole "worthy of logging daily movements" category.

I bet if we tried to use less utilized and more esoteric positioning we can skip horizontal and go straight into max calories burned in mutual flames.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options

The debates around this I feel center around the whole "worthy of logging daily movements" category.

I bet if we tried to use less utilized and more esoteric positioning we can skip horizontal and go straight into max calories burned in mutual flames.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • glutenfreemonica
    Options
    This is a great discussion - here are a few things to watch for

How much more deeply you need to breath - any aerobic activity causes you to draw extra oxygen - the deeper the breathing the more calories you burn...
    Whether you break a sweat - the sweatier the more calories
    How long you do it for - and how sustained the physical effort is... how frequently you do it
    How hot you get - again heat is a by product of metabolism - just as after a run you feel hot - same principle with sex - the hotter you get the more calories you've burned.
    Do your muscles ache the following day - if so - you've given yourself a pretty good workout

Have fun everybody checking this out...haha
  • dalbers
    Options
    I do not count the calories from sex.

I just selected "extremely active" for lifestyle :P
  • novakayne
    novakayne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    haha i was wondering the same thing the other day. i actually looked it up, and came across this site: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

It has all kinda of exercises and sexual intercourse is one of them :) I guess most people are just too embarassed to admit they had sex. haha

Or maybe they are too embarrassed they DIDN'T!.:)
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Well, if its a taboo thing I wonder why you can log this (search for yourselves):

Sperm: Men, 1 Ejaculation, 5 calories

On the other hand your food diary isn't published on your wall, where as your exercise log is....

"Today Mike burned 10 calories doing doing 37 seconds of cardio exercises including "Sex""
  • backinthenines
    Options
    Do your muscles ache the following day - if so - you've given yourself a pretty good workout

Well I never had DOMS from it so I'm obviously not working hard enough!!
  • backinthenines
    Options
    Well, if its a taboo thing I wonder why you can log this (search for yourselves):

Sperm: Men, 1 Ejaculation, 5 calories

Make sure you reward yourself by treating yourself to a single peanut afterwards!

It's important to replace your exercise calories you know!!
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I don't bother logging it either, even the days that I can't walk the next day! LOL I just figure its part of my daily activities and I don't log cleaning unless its the days I do floors or cleaning out closets and that mess. I just look at those calories as bonus calories that way if I underestimated my portion size or MFP wasn't accurate on some of the food, I'm covered!! =)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    if im haveing crazy wild sex id log it,if the swing comes out its exercise